• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 WaterPolo11

WaterPolo11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'm about to buy a Tippmann Alpha Black Tactical w/ e-grip, and was wondering if it comes with a selector switch you can operate with your thumb (like on airsoft and real guns). The A-5 upgrade grip comes with one but I can't find anywhere that says if the Alpha Black does. If it doesn't, is there any way to just buy the switch without the whole grip? Thanks y'all.
USAF Pararescue
hooyah!

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't buy an Alpha Black, its a gigantic piece of shit. Whats your price range for a gun, and do you have the rest of your kit?

But to answer your question, no, thats only supported on the X7 and A5.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 WaterPolo11

WaterPolo11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

About $150, I'm selling my Azodin Blitz and going Rec Ball. And DAMNIT. But all the reviews say it's pretty solid. Is it that bad?
USAF Pararescue
hooyah!

#4 soccer9kt

soccer9kt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

Go with an SP1.... a lot better of a marker at the same price range.... Throw in a black-heart board later down the road and you have a sick marker.
http://www.ansgear.c...allgunblack.htm
http://www.punishers...oard-black.aspx
You gas up the marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field... It doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, all that matters is your in your world next 2 hours. Live it. Love it. Paintball <3
Feedback 7/0/0:
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=206793

#5 WaterPolo11

WaterPolo11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Oh thanks!!! Mike praises this gun. Ok can I attarched a stock to it? And possibly a 3 point sling?
USAF Pararescue
hooyah!

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,344 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Oh thanks!!! Mike praises this gun. Ok can I attarched a stock to it? And possibly a 3 point sling?

Stocks are useless.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Yes, and I believe so to the second question. Stocks usually just get in the way though. Slings are nice for scenario games, or if you have to carry your marker for long periods of time.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#8 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:07 PM

i used to have an alpha black/e-grip that was my family gun (whoever wanted to use it could use it, but i had my own gun) and here is what i think of it. it was heavy, jammed alot and had an extremely bad stock barrel. the stock really got in the way and ergos were way off. also it got dropped and we sold it because the handguard and trigger both broke. the way the trigger broke was because it was a crappy plastic trigger with exposed microswitch when it dropped and hit a rock and it knocked the trigger out and bent the microswitch

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#9 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

i used to have an alpha black/e-grip that was my family gun (whoever wanted to use it could use it, but i had my own gun) and here is what i think of it. it was heavy, jammed alot and had an extremely bad stock barrel. the stock really got in the way and ergos were way off. also it got dropped and we sold it because the handguard and trigger both broke. the way the trigger broke was because it was a crappy plastic trigger with exposed microswitch when it dropped and hit a rock and it knocked the trigger out and bent the microswitch

I am pump players brother, and he just flat out lied to you. 1st, the alpha black was mine. i won a mini in a contest and gave my friend the alpha. 2, the alpha never broke. the only thing bad was the egrip, which was damaged slightly. the handgaurd is solid, and the trigger wont break if you drop it. i dropped it in mud once, picked it up and continued to shoot. got 3 eliminations. it was humid, dirty and hot out and i was perfect. its a great gun, if a bit heavy. if your reasonably strong it wont be an issue. just dont get an egrip. go standard mech or put a response kit on there.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#10 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

I am pump players brother, and he just flat out lied to you. 1st, the alpha black was mine. i won a mini in a contest and gave my friend the alpha. 2, the alpha never broke. the only thing bad was the egrip, which was damaged slightly. the handgaurd is solid, and the trigger wont break if you drop it. i dropped it in mud once, picked it up and continued to shoot. got 3 eliminations. it was humid, dirty and hot out and i was perfect. its a great gun, if a bit heavy. if your reasonably strong it wont be an issue. just dont get an egrip. go standard mech or put a response kit on there.

The alpha sucks regardless, big and hard as hell to servace
RAWR?

#11 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:10 AM

hard to service? its a tippmann they're easy to service.

#12 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

for newer players they're not so easy to service. anything with a clam shell design is difficult to service if you need to go deep and replace o-rings.
but compared to something like my Etek3, it's alot more difficult to preform maintenance.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

I seriously hope you're joking. Having owned an A5 and serivicing 98 rentals at the field I work at, Tippmanns have the absolute most frustrating disassembly of any marker I've ever worked on. The split body design is outdated and ridiculous. Thankfully, you hardly ever need to service a Tippmann, but you sacrifice performance for neglectability (if that's even a word).

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 20 December 2012 - 09:47 AM.

#14 WaterPolo11

WaterPolo11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Thanks guy, but I'm gonna go with an SP-1 because of the low force bolt and black heart. But thanks for the feedback
USAF Pararescue
hooyah!

#15 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

I seriously hope you're joking. Having owned an A5 and serivicing 98 rentals at the field I work at, Tippmanns have the absolute most frustrating disassembly of any marker I've ever worked on. The split body design is outdated and ridiculous. Thankfully, you hardly ever need to service a Tippmann, but you sacrifice performance for neglectability (if that's even a word).

maybe its because i have worked with tippmanns since i started, but i can do just about any maintenance on my 98, crossover, and my friends phenom x7 in about 4 minutes. the crossover is even quicker

#16 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

Thanks guy, but I'm gonna go with an SP-1 because of the low force bolt and black heart. But thanks for the feedback

that's a great choice, you won't regret it.

#17 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

maybe its because i have worked with tippmanns since i started, but i can do just about any maintenance on my 98, crossover, and my friends phenom x7 in about 4 minutes. the crossover is even quicker

The crossover and phenom definitely are an improvement maintenence wise. The blowbacks models like the 98, A5, etc. on the other hand... To me the worst part is getting the two body halves to fit back together.

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Tippmanns are just shit, compared to the other gund you can get for the price. They are always overpriced and impractical.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#19 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Tippmanns are just shit, compared to the other gund you can get for the price. They are always overpriced and impractical.

let me guess..... you have some Dye gun? which costs them about 500 dollars to make even though they are sold for around 1500?

#20 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

let me guess..... you have some Dye gun? which costs them about 500 dollars to make even though they are sold for around 1500?

At the same price range as Tippmann there is every markee by Gog and Azodin, the Proto Rail, used superguns and more, not to mention the Axe and Etha compete with the Crossover. Tippmann markers serve their purpose well, but it a very limited purpose compared to something like the Extcy.

Far from shit but there ar many brands Id take before them, thats just me though.

Also you can buy a DM <13 for $500 used lol. The price of high end markers is totally about the law ot diminishing returns, you get less and less additional function per additional dollar as the price increases more and more

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 21 December 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#21 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

At the same price range as Tippmann there is every markee by Gog and Azodin, the Proto Rail, used superguns and more, not to mention the Axe and Etha compete with the Crossover. Tippmann markers serve their purpose well, but it a very limited purpose compared to something like the Extcy.

Far from shit but there ar many brands Id take before them, thats just me though.

The only gun i would take over my crossover in the mid price range would be an Etek 4. i love Eclipses blowbacks.

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

The only gun i would take over my crossover in the mid price range would be an Etek 4. i love Eclipses blowbacks.

Ooookaaay... I don't really think the discussion in this thread is at all relevant anymore, the OP picked a good marker and that's that.

Also, the Etek isn't really a blowback. If it was, it would be the most overpriced Spyder clone of all time.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 21 December 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Yes it would be. And no, I own a gog extcy, with a proto reflex rail shipping to me soon. Kinda sad that your opinions are skewed, Tippmannplayer97, by stuff that isnt true. Tippmanns are overpriced, and their purpose is to look like real life replicas and nothing else. Most to all of their guns are impractical to use preformance-wise. Call me a tippmann hater if you must, but facts are facts. Tippmann 98's are loud and use an outdated system, and is outshot by the gog enmey for its price. Tipmann a5 is a tippmann 98 in a different body with 100 dollars added onto it for a cyclone feed, which, in all honesty, sucks. The X7 is only slightly acceptable because its an automag that can be switched from electro to mech, turning it into an emag in a milsim, large, clunky body, with the annoying cyclone feed, and for its price is outshot by rails and drone dx. The Tipx is outdone by the tiberius arms pistol, but its all a matter of preference really. The crossover, well, is an emag in a body as large as say a bob long intimidator; great gun, just overpriced. US army guns are just too large and clunky yet add extra money for hindering stuff to make it look like a real gun.

#24 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

most overpriced Spyder clone of all time.

You hit the nail on the head there.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 21 December 2012 - 08:36 PM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:15 PM

most overpriced Spyder clone of all time.

You hit the nail on the head there.

Well everybody knows what you think of Ego's, but I've never seen a Spyder shoot PSP, have an LCD board, have one of the best stock triggers or a plethora of other features. To be honest as well they really shoot nothing alike but w.e. to each his own.

#26 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:00 AM

Its a Tippmann so its also a piece of shit for the most part and atleast if it is easy to service likes he's sayong good, cause it'll mostl ikely need to be serviced alot! Just get a g1 or sp-1.........The only Tippy I'd ever wanna get my hands on would be the Tippinators extremely modded 98c.....

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#27 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Actually it did break, handguard had a huge crack and the trigger I managed to stick back in, although the microswitch did not activate well

#28 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

Also he has never once serviced a gun in his life (my dad serviced the alpha for him) and he has not once touched an x7 phenom. Do not listen to anything he says

#29 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Also he has never once serviced a gun in his life (my dad serviced the alpha for him) and he has not once touched an x7 phenom. Do not listen to anything he says

you just wanna rip sh!t on me dont you

#30 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,872 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:34 AM

Posted Image

#31 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

you just wanna rip sh!t on me dont you

Just stop saying lies and bogus claims and he'll probably stop. He's probably just saying truths to clear things up for the newer people who dont know whos right or wrong.

#32 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Lrn2quote
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#33 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,344 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

Scrolling... Scrolling everywhere!

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#34 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

And btw an Etek is a blowback because of the poppit style design....get yo facts right jack!

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#35 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

And btw an Etek is a blowback because of the poppit style design....get yo facts right jack!

air forward, air back stacked tube poppet.
not a blowback, not a spyder

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#36 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

no sir, the bolt is directed backward by the solenoid transferring air to the front or the ram, not by air coming from the poppet being help open

#37 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

anyways, get the sp1, it outdoes the alpha black in every catagory.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users