16 replies to this topic

#1 PieCars

PieCars

Time to nut up or shut up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:14 PM

this is nothing new, but it pisses me off when i see "qualifies for free shipping!" under an item, then i'm like "Oh boy, I won't have to pay the shipping, which is gonna come out to be half the price of the thing i'm buying!"

Then I remember, that's right, i have to have an order for over $100 worth of stuff, and it all has to qualify for free shipping, for me to get the "free" shipping

BS

My Feedback 4/0/0

#2 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

.....God forbid a company not give away its profits for your free shipping.

#3 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

#4 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:58 AM

They could at least just tell me I have to pay for shipping, instead of writing "THIS ITEM QUALIFIES FOR FREE SHIPPING!!!!"

It's a little misleading.

But seriously, tell me you wouldn't be pissed off if you bought something for $20 but the shipping brought it up to $30. I'm not made of money, I had a job over the summer and now I'm trying to save as much of that as I can. It's especially hard during the holiday season, when you need to buy gifts for everyone.

My Feedback 4/0/0

#5 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:54 AM

Easier said than done but, Dont buy stuff then :rolleyes:

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#6 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

i had to order a cocker detent from ANS once. it was 11$ the shipping was like 17$.
oh and did i mention that with being in canada we don't get the opportunity to get free shipping from ANS at all? just be happy that you at least qualify for it....

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#7 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

ansgear is way to expensive in shipping, specially internationally.

#8 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

If you think shipping is expensive then you should understand why they can't give it away free on everything.

Asked and answered.

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

What I think ANSgear means by "Qualifies for free shipping" is that the item in question is something that they would be willing to ship for free if the ORDER qualifies for free shipping.

Let's say you order a something from them the size of a car. Granted, they don't sell anything that large, but shipping a car costs hundreds of dollars, if not more, so they would not be willing to ship an order for free if the cost of shipping is more than the profit they will make on an item.

ANSgear has a business to run. They can't be willing to drop 10 bucks or more for every order out-of-pocket, that just won't end well. So what do they do? They'll offer free shipping on orders over 100 dollars to get you buy more from them, and then they have enough of a profit margin to throw in free shipping, and you might come back to them because they'll cover shipping. They sell more, you don't pay shipping, everybody wins.

You have to remember that ANSgear isn't run by magic paintball hamsters, they are people who need to pay bills just like us.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 18 December 2012 - 02:36 PM.

#10 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Just be happy they at least offer free ship for orders of only $100. I've bought shit online much more expensive than that and got a nice shipping fee with it.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#11 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Pretty much all other places use WAYYY cheaper sipping methods than ansgear.I believe shipping is so expensive because they use a certain size box for EVERYTHING that will fit in that box(detents,swabs,allen keys,lube,etc.)unlike other companies who use a larger variety of boxes.(not trying to trash ansgear,just saying)

#12 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

They could at least just tell me I have to pay for shipping, instead of writing "THIS ITEM QUALIFIES FOR FREE SHIPPING!!!!"
It says right on their home page: free shipping on orders OVER $100
It's a little misleading.

But seriously, tell me you wouldn't be pissed off if you bought something for $20 but the shipping brought it up to $30. I'm not made of money, I had a job over the summer and now I'm trying to save as much of that as I can. It's especially hard during the holiday season, when you need to buy gifts for everyone.

Nothing is forcing you to play paintball, and if you are tight on money, quit for a while. Buy the piece from a proshop, then you won't have to pay shipping. Or get a job year round and quit complaining.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 18 December 2012 - 06:24 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#13 Extreme-RecBaller

Extreme-RecBaller

Wreck-Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

If you buy local, you don't have to pay shipping Posted Image
I've decided to put this as my sig, because I'm not cool enough for pictures :'(

#14 PieCars

PieCars

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

thanks for your input guys! I think i completely changed my mind about shipping costs! I LOVE EM NOW!!! Posted Image

honestly though, i know they suck, i know i'm gonna have to deal with them because i plan on staying with the sport (i'd sell my xbox 360 before i sold my etek 3)

just trying to blow off some steam from all the built up stress of senior year. Off of school now, so hopefully that stress will be less present.

My Feedback 4/0/0

#15 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

If you think shipping is expensive then you should understand why they can't give it away free on everything.

Asked and answered.

Did you know that the more a company uses shipping, specially in larger batches they can/could actually get hefty discounts at the shipper. a 12 LBS package is really only like 35 shipped internationally. Which makes me wonder where they are pulling the 50-70 dollars from for shipping from.

But then again, there isn't much you can do about it and I don't order from ansgear anyway haha.

#16 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:58 AM

If you buy local, you don't have to pay shipping Posted Image

Very much so easier said than done.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#17 dragonwing7x@gmail.com

dragonwing7x@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

the shop i order stuff from u can be ordering 95 items that goes over 1000$ and would cost 600$ in shipping and they give u free fedex

Player of STL huSTLe             XTREME paintball park milstatd illinois home of total greif

giphy.gif

http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users