• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 WalrusOfDeath

WalrusOfDeath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I know they arent exactly 300 but the etha is right there. Anyway, I'm looking to get a new gun and cant decide between the 2. I've heard nothing but good things about the etha but I have a few friends that have had problems with the axe and just hate it. So let me know what you guys think.

I'm keeping EVERYTHING stock on both guns besides maybe picking up an apex for LL.

Edited by WalrusOfDeath, 18 December 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#2 soccer9kt

soccer9kt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Axe. The Etha just has a hard shot. The Axe is so smooth once you break it in and it feels great in the hands. Also, check out the BST forum to pick up a nice axe for $300-375
You gas up the marker, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field... It doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last nite, all that matters is your in your world next 2 hours. Live it. Love it. Paintball <3
Feedback 7/0/0:
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=206793

#3 WalrusOfDeath

WalrusOfDeath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

I'm somewhat opposed to buying used since if the gun happens to break you're somewhat fucked unless you can fix it yourself.

#4 Bush

Bush

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

I'm somewhat opposed to buying used since if the gun happens to break you're somewhat fucked unless you can fix it yourself.

I understand what your feeling, but in all honesty most markers these days can be fixed at home by anybody. I personally shoot and axe and 99% of the problems you would ever have with it are fixable in seconds. With that being said, I have owned both the axe and etha and for that price range the axe in my opinion is a much better marker. The shot quality and reliability are both phenomenal. I'd go the axe route no doubt.

#5 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

I understand what your feeling, but in all honesty most markers these days can be fixed at home by anybody. I personally shoot and axe and 99% of the problems you would ever have with it are fixable in seconds. With that being said, I have owned both the axe and etha and for that price range the axe in my opinion is a much better marker. The shot quality and reliability are both phenomenal. I'd go the axe route no doubt.

This Video should help you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxpKXxpqdaU

Edited by Garribean, 18 December 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#6 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Axe for sure. Even if you keep the stock barrel, it still is quiet and the shot quality is so smooth, its almost criminal. For a sub 500 dollar marker, you won't find a better deal.

Everyone who I know who owned an Etha has sold or traded it, and when I shot one, it felt as kicky as a Etek (which I hate) and had this loud irritating "PING" every time I fired it, from the bolt. Don't know what it was, but it got tiresome quick.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#7 WalrusOfDeath

WalrusOfDeath

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

I'm kinda feelin an etha thanks to the comparison video

#8 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Etha

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#9 xXpball4lifeXx

xXpball4lifeXx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

i would say the axe for sure. while i personally dont own either of the markers i have played, and shot both. the etha has a TON of vibrations and is an air hog. the axe on the other hand is smoother easier to maintain (in my opinion) and has better efficency 

#10 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Why ask the question when you ignore virtually everyone's answer? If you're already biased towards the Etha, its going to be difficult for anyone else to change your mind.

I vote Axe.

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#11 captainharrison

captainharrison

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

id say axe by a little. I love the feel and look of the axe and I love empire but i also love planet eclipse. i have never shot an etha before but i hope someone will want to trade for one

#12 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

Axe.  It's more quiet and has a smoother shot.  I just bought an apex 2 barrel for mine and I love it.  But if you want a better case and company get the etha.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#13 MKVIGTI

MKVIGTI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:49 AM

Axe

#14 Stosh

Stosh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Axe. Don't forget that in the Hustle Paintball comparison video you watched, they take price largely into consideration. The Etha maaaayyyybeeee a better value, especially with the somewhat recent price drop, but the Axe is a better gun. 

#15 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

axe + new barrel = high end marker. Save 500 dollars and buy an axe and a barrel and you won't need a new marker for the next few years if you get into tournament level play.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#16 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 09:55 PM

Empire has fantastic customer service. I would even go so far as to say they would make buying used an easy decision.

They sent me free side shells for my prophecy even though it was 4 years old, no questions asked.

I've never heard anything bad about PE, but the Etha isn't a smooth shot.

Really though either would work just fine and be great markers. Too bad- ANS just had the Etha for $150 off.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#17 Key

Key

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

Axe all the way. Etha has an extremely kicky shot and the axe is just much more smooth and feels a lot better.

Looking for a Good Field in the Albany Area?

Their Website: http://albanyscenarioclub.com

Their Facebook: https://www.facebook...anyScenarioClub

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users