• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 pballerj

pballerj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

I currently own an Azodin Blitz and I was thinking about upgrading to the GoG eXTCy. I heard the eXTCy is a good gun for the price and it's really quiet and smooth. I don't want to spend anything over $300 for my new gun, so the eXTCy seems like a pretty good choice. Is this a good choice? What are some good/bad features of the eXTCy? What other guns do you guys suggest?

#2 cpuwhiz22

cpuwhiz22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

I have it and love it. It's very durable, and easy to service. It will also run on CO2 as well as HPA, which is one of the main reasons I bought it since a few times a year I play on private property where we get a bulk CO2 tank for the weekend. The blackheart board is great, and has a ton of firing modes, along with First Shot Drop Off (FSDO) and dwell configuration. It's got everything I need at the moment and it is only $250 new, or around $175-200 used. I highly recommend it.

#3 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

I second cpuwhiz.

The extcy is the best new gun in its price range. Others may suggest the rail, but its a lesser gun for the money (not saying its a bad marker, the extcy is just more for your $$). Its board is not nearly as ajustable as the extcy, and the board is not waterproof like the extcy either. In the end though it may come down to preference for you though. But it seems your into the extcy, so you cant go wrong. Go for it.

#4 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Dont buy the extcy buy the proto rail. It might look like a very good choice at first but 1st, the extcy is a entry level marker and the rail is more mid level marker and 2nd, the proto rail is much more durable. With 100 dollars worth of upgrades you can make the proto rail a reflex rail which is more like a lower upper class gun. Honestly the Gog Extcy is good at first but it is not so durable and it will begin to break down. And besides, why would you want to use Co2 if HPA gives better consistency. Forget about the Extcy and buy a rail. If you can put in a couple of extra bucks and you want to play ONLY speedball, buy the Etha.

#5 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

Dont buy the extcy buy the proto rail. It might look like a very good choice at first but 1st, the extcy is a entry level marker and the rail is more mid level marker and 2nd, the proto rail is much more durable. With 100 dollars worth of upgrades you can make the proto rail a reflex rail which is more like a lower upper class gun. Honestly the Gog Extcy is good at first but it is not so durable and it will begin to break down. And besides, why would you want to use Co2 if HPA gives better consistency. Forget about the Extcy and buy a rail. If you can put in a couple of extra bucks and you want to play ONLY speedball, buy the Etha.

Anything to back this up?

While I do think the extcy is a better overall gun than the blitz, there is no point in upgrading from a decent low-end, to a "more decent" low end. Save up and get a used mid-end. You can find stock axes in the low 300s..

Edited by cybermaniac15, 19 December 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#6 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

While I do think the extcy is a better overall gun than the blitz, there is no point in upgrading from a decent low-end, to a "more decent" low end. Save up and get a used mid-end. You can find stock axes in the low 300s..

Exactly my point. Why go from a lower class gun to another lower class gun. I REAllY like the proto rail... The G5 looks good as well as the Etha but you could also buy used guns

#7 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:48 PM

used Axe or eXTCY.

#8 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

You do know that the rail, g5, and Etha are all marketed as low-ends right?

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

The Rail IS a low end entry level marker, as is the Etha. I have actually seen more Rails go down, than eXTCy's. Upgrades into a low end are almost useless. He wants to have the CO2 option for outlaw ball, and the eXTCy, Rail, and Etha can be used in the woods, and for speedball.

Your argument is silly.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

what?!?!??!?! a rail is a entry level marker... and how would spending a additional $100 make it a reflex? Dye would be complete idiots if they make a entry marker like their mid-lvl marker... and only taking $100 to get it to the mid-level line is silly. A entry level marker will always be a entry level marker regardless of how many upgrades you put in it.

The Extcy comes w/a long barrel, on/off asa, a board you can program without opening up the grips, a hard case and a complete aluminum frame. a Rail has none of these... Also why does he ONLY have to play speedball with a Etha? at that pricing point I rather actually buy a Reflex or Axe over a Etha
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#11 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

what?!?!??!?! a rail is a entry level marker... and how would spending a additional $100 make it a reflex? Dye would be complete idiots if they make a entry marker like their mid-lvl marker... and only taking $100 to get it to the mid-level line is silly. A entry level marker will always be a entry level marker regardless of how many upgrades you put in it.

The Extcy comes w/a long barrel, on/off asa, a board you can program without opening up the grips, a hard case and a complete aluminum frame. a Rail has none of these... Also why does he ONLY have to play speedball with a Etha? at that pricing point I rather actually buy a Reflex or Axe over a Etha

You only need to replace clamping feedneck, trigger, Asa, and barrel and that's 100-120 dollars. As I said before, the Extcy looks like a incredibly good gun at first but it's durability sucks. Gog Extcy is compared to Azodin Blitz and Spyders and the Rail is compared to the g4 and the mini. Honestly, I personally dont care about the board because I only use semi and everyone else should as well. Honestly, I don't know why you are arguing with me because all I am doing is supporting what mike from techpb says and he is much more experienced than both of us combined. I said the Etha is a good gun for only speedball because there are many other markers in that price range that are very good for other things and I also think that this also applies to the extcy. For example, the rail would be a good gun for woodsball and speedball because it is a tank and it can really take a hit. The Etha was designed for use in speedball because it requires high maitnance compared to the rail. Im not saying you can't use the Etha in woodsball. All I am saying is that the rail fits into other types of paintball that are not speedball better than the Gog extcy or Etha.

#12 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

You only need to replace clamping feedneck, trigger, Asa, and barrel and that's 100-120 dollars. As I said before, the Extcy looks like a incredibly good gun at first but it's durability sucks. Gog Extcy is compared to Azodin Blitz and Spyders and the Rail is compared to the g4 and the mini. Honestly, I personally dont care about the board because I only use semi and everyone else should as well. Honestly, I don't know why you are arguing with me because all I am doing is supporting what mike from techpb says and he is much more experienced than both of us combined. I said the Etha is a good gun for only speedball because there are many other markers in that price range that are very good for other things and I also think that this also applies to the extcy. For example, the rail would be a good gun for woodsball and speedball because it is a tank and it can really take a hit. The Etha was designed for use in speedball because it requires high maitnance compared to the rail. Im not saying you can't use the Etha in woodsball. All I am saying is that the rail fits into other types of paintball that are not speedball better than the Gog extcy or Etha.

You're out of your mind... Have you seen the Etha durability tests?? If anything it can take more than the rail. The Rail is a LOW END marker, nothing will make it mid end. Everything you say you should upgrade on it already comes upgraded on the Extcy. I have no problem with someone liking a rail over an extcy or anything, they're both good markers. But when you say the extcy sucks and the rail is a mid end marker...lolwut. For $100-200 more upgrading a rail you're getting into Axe and Drone DX territory. Both better markers than the rail. Mike has an opinion that the rail is better than the extcy, that's fine. But that doesnt mean it's a mid end marker and stomps all over the extcy. And idk why you say the extcy is less durable than the rail...

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#13 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

You only need to replace clamping feedneck, trigger, Asa, and barrel and that's 100-120 dollars
More than that.
. As I said before, the Extcy looks like a incredibly good gun at first but it's durability sucks. The eXTCy is incredibly durable, and has more aluminum parts than the Rail
Gog Extcy is compared to Azodin Blitz and Spyders and the Rail is compared to the g4 and the mini. This statement makes no sense whatsoever
Honestly, I personally dont care about the board because I only use semi and everyone else should as well.Tournaments?
I said the Etha is a good gun for only speedball because there are many other markers in that price range that are very good for other things and I also think that this also applies to the extcy. For example, the rail would be a good gun for woodsball and speedball because it is a tank and it can really take a hit. The Etha was designed for use in speedball because it requires high maitnance compared to the rail. Im not saying you can't use the Etha in woodsball. All I am saying is that the rail fits into other types of paintball that are not speedball better than the Gog extcy or Etha.
The Etha, Rail, and eXTCy work equally well in the woods and speedball

You are looney toons. Do you have the slightest clue what you are talking about?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#14 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

You only need to replace clamping feedneck, trigger, Asa, and barrel and that's 100-120 dollars
More than that. if i'm paying more to upgrade i'll just look at a better marker
. As I said before, the Extcy looks like a incredibly good gun at first but it's durability sucks. The eXTCy is incredibly durable, and has more aluminum parts than the Rail, i've seen more dye guns bent then any gog guns/SP
Gog Extcy is compared to Azodin Blitz and Spyders and the Rail is compared to the g4 and the mini. This statement makes no sense whatsoever agreed, and honestly all the guns you listed are pretty much ALL entry level markers, mechanical and electro
Honestly, I personally dont care about the board because I only use semi and everyone else should as well.Tournaments? good luck playing uncapped semi in a capped semi field
I said the Etha is a good gun for only speedball because there are many other markers in that price range that are very good for other things and I also think that this also applies to the extcy. For example, the rail would be a good gun for woodsball and speedball because it is a tank and it can really take a hit. The Etha was designed for use in speedball because it requires high maitnance compared to the rail. Im not saying you can't use the Etha in woodsball. All I am saying is that the rail fits into other types of paintball that are not speedball better than the Gog extcy or Etha.

You are looney toons. Do you have the slightest clue what you are talking about?

added to tallsmallboy44 in blue
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

#15 pballerj

pballerj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

haha thanks guys, and by the way I use hpa not co2..

#16 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

haha thanks guys, and by the way I use hpa not co2..

It is always a nice feature to have on a low end, especially if you want to play outlaw ball with some friends.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#17 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Dude i dont know why you are getting so serious about this... From personal experience, the rail has been the gun that can take the biggest hit and the one who lasts longest in the hands of begginers ( those are normally the people who buy these guns) If you dont mind having very high maitnance on the gun, then you can go for any gun

#18 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

More than that. if i'm paying more to upgrade i'll just look at a better marker
. As I said before, the Extcy looks like a incredibly good gun at first but it's durability sucks. The eXTCy is incredibly durable, and has more aluminum parts than the Rail, i've seen more dye guns bent then any gog guns/SP im not talking about bent, im taking about internal problems
Gog Extcy is compared to Azodin Blitz and Spyders and the Rail is compared to the g4 and the mini. This statement makes no sense whatsoever agreed, and honestly all the guns you listed are pretty much ALL entry level markers, mechanical and electro
Honestly, I personally dont care about the board because I only use semi and everyone else should as well.Tournaments? good luck playing uncapped semi in a capped semi field

added to tallsmallboy44 in blue

#19 R U S H

R U S H

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

These arguments are popping up everywhere.. Here.

http://www.techpb.co...=0#entry3027864

You should should see how it feels in your hands before you buy either of them in my opinion. I wish I would have done that for my Azodin Zenith..
if your under 18 and you pay for your own stuff put this as your sig.

#20 Hitman2513

Hitman2513

Save a Rock Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,642 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:00 AM

I second cpuwhiz.

The extcy is the best new gun in its price range. Others may suggest the rail, but its a lesser gun for the money (not saying its a bad marker, the extcy is just more for your $$). Its board is not nearly as ajustable as the extcy, and the board is not waterproof like the extcy either. In the end though it may come down to preference for you though. But it seems your into the extcy, so you cant go wrong. Go for it.

I second this

DannyD knows his shit more than I do with ions go with what he says
Posted Image
Bitches love my Spyder Ion

[-ORaNGe-] Trolling isn't an action, it's a lifestyle :)

#21 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:34 AM

Dude i dont know why you are getting so serious about this... From personal experience, the rail has been the gun that can take the biggest hit and the one who lasts longest in the hands of begginers ( those are normally the people who buy these guns) If you dont mind having very high maitnance on the gun, then you can go for any gun

I suggest you own the gun before you make claims of how indestructible it is. The best friend's eXTCy went all summer with NO maintanence, or lube.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#22 hillcow

hillcow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

I've used my eXTCy for a year with no problems. The marker is durable inside and out. I have yet to find any eXTCy owner express complaints to back up any problems expressed on this thread.

#23 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

For crying out loud, vibes were used as rental guns, they are damn reliable..

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

Pewis is silly. I feel he's from PBnation. Yes man, I went there. But really, support your opinions with actual facts that are relevent. The extcy's maintainence is near fool proof. Like there's 3 parts to the entire drive train, and only two need to be lubed every couple cases or so. Its really not that hard to wipe off some grease and guck with a cloth and replace it with lube. And the Extcy's are damn durable, I don't know where you got the idea that its not. I own one and use it in tournaments, which is also useful because you can use the psp mode in the board, the one that we all apparently shouldnt use. I dive all the time into the hard, dry dirt and dust of Arizona; no grass and soft dirt to be seen here.
But to the extcy. Its a great gun, and im loving the blackheart board in it. The ion style firing it uses is a tried and true, great design. The clamping feedneck and the on off asa comes stock on the gun, and it comes with a decent barrel, making its out of the box preformance pretty good. Put 30 bucks into a cp barrel and 15 buck qev, and thats all youll ever need for the gun.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#25 Pewis

Pewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

You should should see how it feels in your hands before you buy either of them in my opinion. I wish I would have done that for my Azodin Zenith..

I agree with this man... The reason I am defending the Rail is because I have used both guns and personally I prefer the Rail... If you want me to be more specific then I can tell you but please don't just go with the Extcy without trying the Rail because you will see it's a SMOOTH gun... I don't want to continue this argument but I hope I helped you in your decision. Good luck!

#26 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

I agree with this man... The reason I am defending the Rail is because I have used both guns and personally I prefer the Rail... If you want me to be more specific then I can tell you but please don't just go with the Extcy without trying the Rail because you will see it's a SMOOTH gun... I don't want to continue this argument but I hope I helped you in your decision. Good luck!

I'm sorry but there is a huge difference in defending a product vs bashing a product. I have shot and seen both of these markers in action and on a basis of 10 rails coming to a field i see about 5 of them in the pit for maintenance while I've only seen one out of 10 Extcy's down and that was a manufacturer defect because there was a leak somewhere that no one could figure out.

You came out calling the Extcy a horrible product and could not take a beating like your rail... we all just put OUR input on how you are wrong. So don't try to pretend you were doing some good by making us look like we attacked you when you threw the 1st punch.
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

#27 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

You cite the "durability" of your rail as being better than the EXTCY. Go dunk both in some water and tell me which one is able to take the abuse.

In both woodsball and outdoor woodsball fields water is what you should be worried about. Many a time i have dived into a puddle. I dont want to have to worry about my marker getting fried. To me thats worth more than preference. I dont want to have to deal with that sh!t.

#28 paintball_is_a_passion

paintball_is_a_passion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

i disagree totaly i have and extcy and a rail and the rail hasnt had anything but problems the extcy on the otherhand has never broke on me
tucker t

#29 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Also you can buy some of the older timmies for a huge steal! very nice quality if you dont mind some heft, however you can get a used mini, or dangerous power f7, g3, g4 for good prices too! Shop around the BST is your friend!!!

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users