28 replies to this topic

#1 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

why does everyone hate the crossover? i love it and i find it WAYYYY better than any DM, Axe, mini, etc... the only gun i could ever trade it for would be either a used ego or new etek 4

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:53 PM

Can't tell if serious...

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Because the trigger is bad. It's a gas hog. Not to mention how big it is. But that's just me. It also has zero upgradability.

#4 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

Can't tell if serious...

yes, very serious. the only gun ive used that i like better is the EGO 9 and from what i understand the etek pretty much planet eclipses proto rail

#5 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

There is dislike due to personal preference.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#6 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Because the trigger is bad. It's a gas hog. Not to mention how big it is. But that's just me. It also has zero upgradability.

IMO i dont want to upgrade a gun beyond its trigger, and i like scythe type triggers (that what its called right?) and im pretty big, so it feels nice.

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:00 PM

Can't tell if serious...

yes, very serious. the only gun ive used that i like better is the EGO 9 and from what i understand the etek pretty much planet eclipses proto rail

Because it is heavy, loud, a gas hog, hard on paint, and has an awful trigger.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 19 December 2012 - 04:01 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#8 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Can't tell if serious...

ive shot evil through, works fine and efficiency doesnt matter to me because most field in FL do all day air. plus on semi auto i can do about 10-13 bps on the trigger so its not that bad

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Can't tell if serious...

ive shot evil through, works fine and efficiency doesnt matter to me because most field in FL do all day air. plus on semi auto i can do about 10-13 bps on the trigger so its not that bad

I was testing one, because the field was going to get some for our rental fleet as "upgrade rentals". It was breaking Graffiti, and Fate.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#10 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

All i know is that evil, marballizer and gator black work fine. i have never once chopped a ball.

#11 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

i never really saw anyone stating they hate the crossover... just that their are many other markers out there in this pricing point that they prefer over a crossover... If you like it why do you care so damn much if everyone else doesn't.
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#12 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

i never really saw anyone stating they hate the crossover... just that their are many other markers out there in this pricing point that they prefer over a crossover... If you like it why do you care so damn much if everyone else doesn't.

i never understood why, and i wanted to know

#13 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

People hate on the crossover because it's tippman. If pe or due came out with they same thing but with their name on it then it would be huge. Everyone would get one. Te crossover is made by tippman. Why do you think fields use 98' customs as rentals? Yes because they are cheap bulk buys but because they are really reliable. I have ever seen a rental go down. Not once. The crossover is backed by an amazing company.

#14 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

People hate on the crossover because it's tippman. If pe or due came out with they same thing but with their name on it then it would be huge. Everyone would get one. Te crossover is made by tippman. Why do you think fields use 98' customs as rentals? Yes because they are cheap bulk buys but because they are really reliable. I have ever seen a rental go down. Not once. The crossover is backed by an amazing company.

I've seen plenty of rentals go down... Now not that I totally disagree, but tippmann just doesnt usually make products that are as refined and finished as dye and PE. I certainly think it's a good idea what tippmann did, but it might have been executed better.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#15 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Don't forget dye and pe have made several speedball markers

#16 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Don't forget dye and pe have made several speedball markers. This is only tippmans second time. The first Being the griffon. I think they did a great job on the crossover and I think it is a great second try. All I'm trying to say is you can't really hate on it because it's tippman which I think people are doing.

#17 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

Its terribly overpriced for what you get in my opinion, just like the Phenom. Id take an actual Automag over either any day TBH. I have NEVER seen an Empire Axe break down, and theyre almost the same price.

Basically, its not that people hate the Crossover, its just not the right choice for most of them.

#18 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

I dont hate the gun, as its not bad. I got the chance to play with it for a day, and it was ok. But there are so many guns for the same price that are miles better than the Crossover. One of the things I just hate about it, and dont get me wrong, this didnt alter my opinion on this gun at all, is that they advertise it as a gun that "can be used in both woodsball and speedball, as its a revolutionary design, built with tippmann durability."
This right there is so full of shit, the amount of shit in it surpasses the amount of shit in my toilet after I go out and grab a midnight snack at Taco Bell.
Anyways, its just overpriced. You might as well get yourself an Axe or a Drone DX. Its damn loud and I recall running out of air faster than usual, so its kinda innefficient. Its not hate, just realization that its not as good as its sold for.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#19 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

tippmannplayer97 is my brother and i can assure you he is full of sh*t. we have never used anything better than field paint and he has played with it once

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#20 Razgriz183

Razgriz183

rAwR!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

tippmannplayer97 is my brother and i can assure you he is full of sh*t. we have never used anything better than field paint and he has played with it once

^^^ LOL
my feedback :) 16/0/0
www.zephyrpaintball.com

www.OringMonkey.com

www.santaclarapaintball.com

#21 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

Sloths are the best animals evar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

^^^ LOL

#22 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

^^^ LOL

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

^^^ LOL

This makes sense why nothing he says is exactly well researched or well backed.

#24 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Because it's too much money for what you get.
DM's kill the crossover. The thing with guns like tippmanns and spyders is people buy them and convince themselves it's the greatest gun ever and get mad when people tell them no.
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#25 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

It may not be the most amazing but if they dropped about $100 dollars off te price it would be one of the best for its price range.

#26 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

DM's kill the crossover. The thing with guns like tippmanns and spyders is people buy them and convince themselves it's the greatest gun ever and get mad when people tell them no.

This so much.

I have a friend who uses the logic of "I bought this marker for cheap and I like it. So, even though I haven't used anything other than rentals I assume my gun is amazing." You should buy a gun because you like it, not the other way around.

#27 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

This so much.

I have a friend who uses the logic of "I bought this marker for cheap and I like it. So, even though I haven't used anything other than rentals I assume my gun is amazing." You should buy a gun because you like it, not the other way around.

ive owned a mini, tippmann 98c, alpha black, and the crossover and ive shot several highends i dont remember the names of and an etek 4. i can say that my favorite of all is the etek then the crossover. but i got the crossover by trading the mini. didnt buy it

#28 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:27 AM

This so much.

ive owned a mini, tippmann 98c, alpha black, and the crossover and ive shot several highends i dont remember the names of and an etek 4. i can say that my favorite of all is the etek then the crossover. but i got the crossover by trading the mini. didnt buy it

A shame that you did. You might as well have gotten the Axe, which is so much better than a crossover. There was probably a good reason why he wanted to trade the crossover for something thats a lower price than it: he realized the crossover is overpriced and not as good as it should be, and the mini is better.

#29 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

This so much.

A shame that you did. You might as well have gotten the Axe, which is so much better than a crossover. There was probably a good reason why he wanted to trade the crossover for something thats a lower price than it: he realized the crossover is overpriced and not as good as it should be, and the mini is better.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the mini is better. But if you're happy with it more power to you man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users