• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 The Great Zog

The Great Zog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:56 PM

So I got an email from rap4 offering to trade in my t68 for a brand new 468 and only pay them $250. I was interested but didnt know anything about the 468 so i looked every where and couldn't find anything that told me what the big deal was. So I asked rap4 and this is what they told me.

Adam on 2012-12-19 10:42:31
First, I have both a lock bolt and a split fire for my current t68. If I trade in my t68 will you exchange both of them for 468 equivalent if I send them both with my marker. I also have the full velocity spring set for my t68 will this work on the 468?
Second, what are the major advantages of the 468 over the t68?
And finally, when is the expected release date of the dmag and closed bolt upgrades for the 468?

Product Support (Jason) on 2012-12-19 11:06:35
The 468 is Mag Fed only and already comes equipped with a Lok Bolt. The Major advantages of a 468 are that you can virtually strip down the entire marker without using any tools, Accepts real AR Handguards (so you can take the accessories off of your real firearm and put them on the 468 and use it for training purposes), has an upper and lower receiver so you can change the entire look and feel of your marker in a matter of seconds (as long as you have a second upper), you do not need any tools to adjust the velocity. It pretty much replicates the exact ergonomics of the M4/M16 family of battle rifles. The expected release date for the D-Mag Kits is around March or April and we do not have a release date for the closed bolt as of yet. Please, let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you with anything else.

Adam on 2012-12-19 16:36:24
Will a split fire adapter be available for dmags when they come out? I would like to have the option of switching from hopper to magfed with first strikes easily. That was the main appeal of your marker when I bought it almost a year ago with the promise of a first strike capable t68.

Product Support (Jason) on 2012-12-20 09:39:29
As far as I know, the D-Mag set-ups will be mag fed only for the initial release and we may come out with another splitfire adapter afterwards, again I am really not sure at this time. We will know more information closer to the release date of the D-Mags. please, let me know if you have any other questions or if I can help you with anything else.

So the biggest thing I was excited about for my rap4 isn't even gonna be happening. I want to be able to switch from hopper to first strike in the middle of a game to take those long shots that inevitably pop up in woodsball. Looks like someone is saving up for a DAM.

I sent them a follow up that stated my displeasure.

#2 shammy

shammy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:55 PM

please attach your final statement !
Posted Image

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

One of the many reasons they are referred to as Crap4...

#4 The Great Zog

The Great Zog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:28 AM

I don't understand how someone hasn't put them out of business. They do everything as wrong as possible.

I did get a reply back after I posted this stating that there would be a split fire ability available for the dmags but that, like the dmags themselves, no release date or estimate of a release date could be made.
I have been waiting for the dmags for over a year now and rap4 has been saying there were going to release them very soon that whole time. They have had their working prototype ready for like 8 montages and all their videos even feature dmags yet the best guess is "April or march" yet two of their major competitors tiberious and dye came out with a first strike capable magazine/hopper fed marker.

Edited by The Great Zog, 22 December 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#5 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

Well I like them for the sole purpose of offering super realistic guns to the market. Plus, Rap4 is the only leverage we paintballers have when argueing to airsofters about how paintball has realistic markers.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#6 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Well I like them for the sole purpose of offering super realistic guns to the market. Plus, Rap4 is the only leverage we paintballers have when argueing to airsofters about how paintball has realistic markers.

there's a reason we paintballers don't play airsoft :)

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

What about Milsig?
Posted Image

#8 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

What about Milsig?
Posted Image

fill it with these babies
http://www.rap4.com/...tle-p-7361.html

Edited by junits15, 23 December 2012 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

"The .68 caliber Water Balls are extremely effective for force-on-force training where you can't leave a paint-mess behind, or can't afford case after case of paint, making them the perfect train-anywhere tools. "

At a dollar a shot, thats perfect logic.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

"The .68 caliber Water Balls are extremely effective for force-on-force training where you can't leave a paint-mess behind, or can't afford case after case of paint, making them the perfect train-anywhere tools. "

CRAP4

#11 The Great Zog

The Great Zog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Sure they make a good looking marker but there is more to making a marker than making it look good. That is the whole point here. For example releasing upgrades when you say they are going to be, making sure they work properly, keeping up with the demands of the market and your customers. While I understand rap4 sells to more than just paintball players it is a market that they do cater to. Yet they seem to mostly only consider it a side job and not one worth doing well. I know that first strike mags are out there and that it is a demand. almost every mag player I know would pick a fs mag over a regular one every time.
Anyone who has played scenerio or woodsball paintball knows the advantages to being able to switch between different types of ammo especially if one of them is first strike. Also a dropped buttstock is almost a nessesity for magfed if you actually want to aim otherwise you have to raise the site rail several inches. Point is rap4 doesn't really care since they really don't need to.

#12 The Great Zog

The Great Zog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'm selling my t68 on eBay. I just got a few parts from them, a split fire upgrade and new velocity springs, neither came with instructions for install and both were useless.
The springs were for the t68 pistol which was never mentioned in the product description.
The split fire needed a new top rail to even be installed which isn't included with the adapter.
I know I can call and send it back or just buy the extra parts but that's not the point. Giving customers the parts and info they need to use your products is one of the first rules of selling a retail product

#13 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:46 PM

there's a reason we paintballers don't play airsoft :)

This is a lie. I play both.

#14 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

CRAP4

So tempted to edit that page.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#15 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

CRAP4

i agree
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users