#1 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hey TechPB!

I'm doing a huge scenario event here soon in Europe and I'm wondering what the best radio/headset combo there is out there for paintball. I would like there to be multiple channels and possibly voice activated or constantly on so you wouldn't have to always hit a button to use it. Now, I know NOTHING about radios so any sort of information will do. Since I will be going with a team of around 15 guys it would greatly help. Thank You!

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#2 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

I can't give you advice on the radios but I can point you towards some throat mics that uses PTT(Push To Talk).

I only state that because imagine you are in a game with voice activated radios... The heavy breathers and every time a team member fire his marker it create spam on your channel.

I can understand your dislike of having to hold a radio and hold a button to speak hence my suggestion of throat mics.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#3 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Look into Trisquares or Puxing radios. Trisquares have a ton of features including 1000's of channels and texting capabilities. The range is about the same as a regular GMFRS radio (mile or so depending on terrain)These may not be available in Europe. Puxing's do tend to have better range and multiple channels. When you look into GMFRS radios ignore the "range" listed on them they are all limited to a certain wattage. In most cases the range really translates to better clarity at distance. Basically better electronic components used to build the radio. Certain radios require a license to operate. Youll need to make sure you can use certain radios in your country. Not sure how strict the German equivalent of the FCC is but it is something to consider when purchasing a radio that requires a license. Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#4 TooTallNiCo

TooTallNiCo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

My team uses Midlands. They're cheap and easy to find

Member of the Brew City Bomb Squad
Check us out here at Brew City Bomb Squad Paintball
Veteran of Living Legends V, VI

CPX Legion: My Name is Legion, For We Are Many..

#5 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

Thanks for all of the information guys, I will let you all know what I decide and if I have anymore question.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users