10 replies to this topic

#1 steadian

steadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

Hey everyone

Just some projects I did on NX 7.0 at school (taking mechanical engineering) and I thought this would be a good place for them, enjoy!

#2 Millertime

Millertime

Just try and get close to that baby

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

Great job on the designs. I've designed some paintball guns in Inventor, I love drawing paintball equipment in 3D! Also congrats on the engagement!

I don't play against enemies, I play with my friends.

Crazy people don't have to have logic.

TechPB Feedback

#3 WIFFLE

WIFFLE

Rock N' Roll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

That's good stuff man! Where are you stuyding? I just took my intro CAD class this past quarter (also Mech Engineering).

Posted Image
Feedback +1/-0

#4 steadian

steadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

I'm studying at Red River up in the great white north :P and as far as CAD programs we've learnt autocad, solid edge, and NX. Instead of NX some of my classmates learnt proengineer but I heard it wasnt as goodhas anyone on here used solid works?

#5 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:52 PM

Very cool :tup:

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#6 510waffles

510waffles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

I use solid works, there are some really cool cad drawings on simonized.com that might fun to check out.from what i heard, the defense industry uses NX mostly, so i should probably get on that.

Lots of fun in the pbnation Custom CADs section too

I must say you were smart for picking something with such an easy milling patter on the body

shoulda picked a species :P

Edited by 510waffles, 24 December 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#7 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

i never used NX until my current job. always did solidworks before. idk, they are all becoming so similar, its almost just like another set of icons these days to learn.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#8 steadian

steadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

will for sure be checking out the pbn stuff, and yah I find with CAD programs as long as you know the fundamentals of drafting its just a matter of learning the icons. I am noticeing alot of little things that NX has improved on over other programs I have used and I absolutedly love how they do assemblies.

#9 Bunneh

Bunneh

Weekend Baller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Great job. I'm quite sure that the industry could use your help. Also the time and patience for that... wow, fantastic job.

#10 RunGCaleb

RunGCaleb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:50 PM

Wow, awesome job man! That's really sweet, pretty neat idea too. It's always more fun whenever you make a school project about stuff you like!

#11 licustoms

licustoms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 01:32 AM

Nice work! I'm trying to find enough side time to learn SolidWorks and I might try out NX as well. I am trying to build all of my parts that I wish to use with my custom build marker projects. It's difficult for me to figure out how to remake the correct turns, angles, curves, and to make them symetrical on both sides of a marker... needless to say, I'm still learning!

I am going to school for mechanical engineering but I'm having to take more lower end classes before I meet the requirements of the University Bachelors level program. Kind of sucks because I already had an Associates Degree... just not in Engineering *shrugs* but the part that sucks is that I'm doing about the same amount of additional credits that would be required for an additional Associates Degree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users