• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 thomas taylor fan 77

thomas taylor fan 77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

This is what it has come down to for me but i can't decide which to get. If you guys could just tell me anything about the guns that would be great also I want it to be a gun that I can use for 2/3 years and yes I know spools=quieter, smoother poppets= loud but efficient. and im going to be on a tournament team if that does anything. thanks

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

Of the three you listed, the Alien Invasion gets my vote. the Etek is deafeningly loud, and the Drone DX has a weird PSP mode that will piss you off. Have you taken a look at the Axe? In this price range, that is definitely a gun to consider. Or maybe buying a used G6R or ego; you'd be spending a little more, but they are worth it.

#3 Pbmcdev

Pbmcdev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

I would say the drone dx. I mean the Psp thing is different but it has Psp 3 shot which is similar. The alien invasion is loud and bulky. Other than that, the axe is simpler to maintain

#4 thomas taylor fan 77

thomas taylor fan 77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Have you taken a look at the Axe? In this price range, that is definitely a gun to consider. Or maybe buying a used G6R or ego; you'd be spending a little more, but they are worth it.

i forgot to say no axe it just feels to weird in hands and idk and i rather get a new gun just bc haha :rolleyes:

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:37 AM

Of the three, Alien Invasion. If it were my money, Axe or used is the way to go.

#6 echo echo

echo echo

04marcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

This is what it has come down to for me but i can't decide which to get. If you guys could just tell me anything about the guns that would be great also I want it to be a gun that I can use for 2/3 years and yes I know spools=quieter, smoother poppets= loud but efficient. and im going to be on a tournament team if that does anything. thanks

why whats wrong with your g4?

** If your parents can't pay for your paintball stuff because they are too old and their social security checks are used to fund their retirement, put this in your signature**

Vampire '12 G6r

#7 thomas taylor fan 77

thomas taylor fan 77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

why whats wrong with your g4?

nothing. I just want a higher end gun to keep up with my friends geo 3s and egos.

#8 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I was making the same choice and went for the drone because of its sound signature, decent efficiency, and the fact that it will stand out at the field since it is a less popular gun.

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

invasion

#10 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Invasion etek is too common and drone dx is complicated. Although if I had that money I would get a carter mini comp :) (I know it is pump and doesn't relate but they are awesome)

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#11 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

Eteks get rather poor efficiency compared to other poppets. I dunno why. The drone doesn't get the same as say a clone, but it will probably be just as efficient as the etek. The invasion will have the best efficiency as well as the best trigger. Drone will be smoothest and most quiet, but Aliens are known for being surprisingly smooth and quiet for poppets, so they wont be too different. Personally, I'd go with an Invasion.

#12 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

Invasion etek is too common and drone dx is complicated. Although if I had that money I would get a carter mini comp :) (I know it is pump and doesn't relate but they are awesome)

Drone is not complicated at all. I was actually surprised at how simple it is. Only 4 simple pieces in the drive train and one moving part. Also remember the invasion is $170 more than the drone and $100 more than the etek

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users