• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 AviatorMan

AviatorMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

These days I work most weekends early enough to make getting to the field (about 30min), playing any appreciable amount of time, and getting home in time to take a shower and get to work difficult. My days off usually fall on the weekdays, but as far as I can tell, only private bookings get to play on any of the local fields during the week, which leaves me wondering when I can play. Any suggestions on how to get some play time in when I'm stuck between work and field policies?

#2 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:02 PM

Get another job? But seriously there isn't much you can do if the field isn't open when you can play.

#3 BobGarnly

BobGarnly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:51 PM

if you live near some woods you can go play with some friends. but if you don't live near woods/have friends that play paintball then your outta luck as far i know
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

#4 AviatorMan

AviatorMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Guess I'm SOL... I have one friend with a gun and he has weekends off <_<

#5 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

Can you get different hours at work? I try to get at least one Sunday off of work a month so I can play.

#6 AviatorMan

AviatorMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

Can you get different hours at work? I try to get at least one Sunday off of work a month so I can play.

I've tried, but weekend days are hotly contested for time off at my job, so I get maybe one a month if I'm lucky, and usually I have none.

#7 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

I've tried, but weekend days are hotly contested for time off at my job, so I get maybe one a month if I'm lucky, and usually I have none.

Well other than finding a new job with more flexible hours, there isn't much you can do.

#8 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:01 AM

Every now and then ask for a Saturday or Sunday off.

#9 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Well ask the field because i play on weekdays sometimes. Just call and ask if they are open to walk ons on weekdays.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#10 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

In Canada we have indoor fields for winter that stay open year round have BYOP nights buring non busy weekdays to bring more people look in your area for any of those if they exist in America
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

The indoor field I play at during the winter has pump nights on weeknights where its pump guns only. Maybe a field near you hqs something like that?

#12 AviatorMan

AviatorMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Well ask the field because i play on weekdays sometimes. Just call and ask if they are open to walk ons on weekdays.

In Canada we have indoor fields for winter that stay open year round have BYOP nights buring non busy weekdays to bring more people look in your area for any of those if they exist in America

The indoor field I play at during the winter has pump nights on weeknights where its pump guns only. Maybe a field near you hqs something like that?

The only field that does anything on the weekdays is the indoor field near my house, which is mostly still private bookings, but also has a tournament player night on thursday because they don't like advanced players playing with their renters on the weekends. Unfortunately, I'm not a tournament player and don't really like speedball, so endless cycles of speedball against tournament players isn't my idea of a good time. That being said, at least it would be playing...

#13 Nokified

Nokified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Try other fields. There's a field one hour drive away that have byop thursdays. And another that's byop wednesdays. A lot of them have weekdays as byop so they can get better business. Some even have byop sundays but that's irrelevant to you. Just gotta call them up. Also try looking at other fields. Maybe search for fields further away. Since you have time on your hands might as well look at all the choices.

#14 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

I would say everybody has the right for at least one weekend off a month, unless ofcourse you only work weekends. but even so, if your boss isnt flexible enough to get you 1 day off on a weekend a month, it is probably better to find a new job lol

#15 AviatorMan

AviatorMan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Try other fields. There's a field one hour drive away that have byop thursdays. And another that's byop wednesdays. A lot of them have weekdays as byop so they can get better business. Some even have byop sundays but that's irrelevant to you. Just gotta call them up. Also try looking at other fields. Maybe search for fields further away. Since you have time on your hands might as well look at all the choices.

The problem is that its winter in Colorado, so a lot of the fields are on winter hours. Summer should bring some different options I hope, but from what I've heard, weekdays at local fields are still private reservations primarily.

I would say everybody has the right for at least one weekend off a month, unless ofcourse you only work weekends. but even so, if your boss isnt flexible enough to get you 1 day off on a weekend a month, it is probably better to find a new job lol

I'm always looking for a better job, but in the short term, this is what I have to work with <_<

#16 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

If you can work at night, I would suggest it to your employer. Even if you work at 3, you can play till 1 and then go to work.

Its very hard to juggle work with paintball. Family>School>Work>Paintball. That's 99% of why I was forced to quit.

Play when you can, but never risk your future for a hobby.

:)
8/0/0

Are we doing Satan's work? Absolutely

Been scammed? PM a mod :)

#17 Nokified

Nokified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Play when you can, but never risk your future for a hobby.

#18 iStansbury77

iStansbury77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

Get a diffrent job or more flexible hours
Please Check out my YouTube profile, I greatly appretiate views on my PB video that are 1080p
www.youtube.com/rkfilms365
No Really My vids are Sexy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users