• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

i was wondering which to get because the spire is pretty expensive especially with a spring finger but the Rotor isn't that much

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

i've heard lots of good things about the spire and i plan to get one, but i have heard some problems with inconsistent feeding.
other people have used it without issue. Honestly, its still pretty new so some issues are likely to pop-up.

you could buy a spire and trade it for a rotor if you dont like it.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 PB4fuun

PB4fuun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Have not used the rotor but love my spire. The inconsistency everyone is talking about is when you only have maybe 10-15 balls left and they all go into the nose so you have to tilt it back a bit.
Spire
Pros:
Consistent feed
Never jams
Truly holds 200 balls
Solid
Low profile
Feed rate
Tool-less disasse

#4 PB4fuun

PB4fuun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Sorry, accidentally posted (using iPad)
Tool-less disassembly
Adjustable settings

Cons:
Trouble loading last couple balls

Never used the rotor, so won't say anything about it

#5 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:12 AM

After using my spire once, I vote spire just because it balances better, and it feels a whole lot better than my rotor ever did.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#6 PB4fuun

PB4fuun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:51 AM

Another thing that I forgot to mention is the size of the hole on the spire that you use to pour your paint in. With other loaders your pod is around the same size as hopper opening. Not in the case for the spire. With the spire its hard to miss the opening because it's so big! Your pod actually fits in the hole for the spire, unlike most loaders.

#7 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Another thing that I forgot to mention is the size of the hole on the spire that you use to pour your paint in. With other loaders your pod is around the same size as hopper opening. Not in the case for the spire. With the spire its hard to miss the opening because it's so big! Your pod actually fits in the hole for the spire, unlike most loaders.

Actually you are correct. The spire does have the largest opening for using pods but the z2 has more space than you would expect, the Rotor on the other hand.....

#8 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

the spire with spring finger is like 225 i think so that is a lot of money to spend if people aren't totally sure about it

#9 doritoboy505

doritoboy505

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

In general, the rotor is tried and tested. Darn things are just about indestructible.

Feeback! +9/-0

Bob Long Closer - Dye Rotor w/ Exalt - Ninja 68/45 w/ Exalt

#10 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Have not used the rotor but love my spire. The inconsistency everyone is talking about is when you only have maybe 10-15 balls left and they all go into the nose so you have to tilt it back a bit.
Spire
Pros:
Consistent feed
Never jams
Truly holds 200 balls
Solid
Low profile
Feed rate
Tool-less disasse

Rotor
Pros:
Never jams either
holds about 175
Doesn't break
50 bps I mean come on :lol:
Nd the rotor is easier to take apart IMO it's 3 pieces of plastic that come apart in 3 seconds :lol:

Also, I've used my rotor about 20 times outside nd it has never jammed on me once I swear go with the rotor it's worth it

Also from what I see the rotor's speedfeeds are a LOT cheaper than the ones they're coming out with for the spire
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#11 PB4fuun

PB4fuun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:08 AM

Yeah so basically it's just personal preference. They're both ultra simple to take apart, won't break, never jam, fast feed rate, etc. the main difference between them is the feeding system, the spire is sound activated and the rotor is constantly trying to push balls down the feedneck (not saying that's bad or good). I here the rotor jams when your using crap paint, but I haven't actually used one so idk. I've put crap paint through my spire and it works perfectly. If your going to want a speed feed you'd probly want the rotor. Rotor speedfeed= $20, spire speedfeed= $40. In all theyre both great loaders and it's your choice. :D

#12 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

Yeah so basically it's just personal preference. They're both ultra simple to take apart, won't break, never jam, fast feed rate, etc. the main difference between them is the feeding system, the spire is sound activated and the rotor is constantly trying to push balls down the feedneck (not saying that's bad or good). I here the rotor jams when your using crap paint, but I haven't actually used one so idk. I've put crap paint through my spire and it works perfectly. If your going to want a speed feed you'd probly want the rotor. Rotor speedfeed= $20, spire speedfeed= $40. In all theyre both great loaders and it's your choice. :D

Yes rotor does not work well with crap paint but I don't put that through my gun anyway so it's fine for me
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#13 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

When you have reached this high in the price bracket.(rotor,spire,Z2) your choice should be with aesthetics because all the high end hopper work awesome. Both hoppers are used by pro teams and they play in mud,dirt, and rain and play 3x more then a average player so if it works for them it obviously would work for you.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#14 push

push

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

You can't go wrong with either in my opinion. I have a spire and haven't had any feed problems. When you run your hopper dry (< 10 balls) you will get inconsistent feeding, but that's to be expected. It may not be as fast as the rotor on paper, but it's fast enough to keep up with anything I've thrown at it, including 25+ bps ramping. I do like the lower profile of the spire when compared to the rotor, as well as the slightly higher capacity, and large mouth.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users