18 replies to this topic

#1 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

So I was going to get the Drone back in the fall, but ended up not getting one :( When you have bills to pay and other things to worry about, sometimes the money you thought you had disappears. But anyways, I know poppet vs spool is always the main difference. I wanted the drone dx because seeing how easy it was to maintain and adjust. Also since I've only shot spools either someone else's gun or my envy, I just thought let me stick with spools for the smoothness. I heard and read the invasion is pretty smooth and quiet for a poppet. I know they both get the same effieciency so that's not a factor, I'm mainly looking for which is more dependable, easier to use/maintainance (still don't understand the setting between the LPR and HPR), better shooting, and better feel. Unfortunately everyone should know these guns are not seen a lot at fields or stores so holding the 2 are almost not possible.

So which one is better? I like details ;) and btw I have a pinokio hopper so that effects my decision. I saw how low the independence feedneck was for pinokio hoppers and I hope it's not the same for the invasion. Otherwise it'll be an easy choice.

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'd rather have a drone.

They will both be dependable, both will have simple maintenance, and can go a few cases without lube (obviously the invasion can go for more without being lubed), the drone is smoother and quieter, and the feel is based on personal preference.

I don't think your pinokio will work with the alien though.

Edited by cybermaniac15, 25 December 2012 - 04:09 PM.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:47 AM

Alien markers are NOT made to the same quality as MacDev from what I have seen. The Independence and Invasion are good, but the Drone is amazing for the price.

#4 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:00 AM

When have Aliens ever been considered to have lacking quality? That's just misinformation right there. Jack Rice makes great quality products.

#5 thomas taylor fan 77

thomas taylor fan 77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:50 AM

http://paintball-gun.../Alien-Invasion is it really 6 pounds?

#6 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Not even close!

#7 thomas taylor fan 77

thomas taylor fan 77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

alright because i am making the same choice and that scared me away from the invasion

Edited by thomas taylor fan 77, 26 December 2012 - 11:03 AM.

#8 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Alien markers are NOT made to the same quality as MacDev from what I have seen. The Independence and Invasion are good, but the Drone is amazing for the price.

That's a lie.

OP: I have a review coming on the invasion. Never shot any Macdev products, but I assure you. You won't be disappointed with the Invasion.

Check this out
http://www.techpb.co...1
My final review is coming soon. I just need to do some tests with reballs and backspin.
If you have any questions about the invasion I can prolly help you.

#9 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

So far I like everything about the alien, or from what I hear I like it. My only problem is I rather not buy another hopper because my pinokio won't work with the invasion. Unless they made an aftermarket clamping feedneck that let's the hopper sit higher

#10 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

So far I like everything about the alien, or from what I hear I like it. My only problem is I rather not buy another hopper because my pinokio won't work with the invasion. Unless they made an aftermarket clamping feedneck that let's the hopper sit higher

You can use a pinokio you just don't want to put it in quite all the way it will be fine. Look at mikes video he used a pinokio on the independence prototype.

#11 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

You can use a pinokio you just don't want to put it in quite all the way it will be fine. Look at mikes video he used a pinokio on the independence prototype.

I looked at that video. He's shooting the alien invasion prototype but if you notice the feedneck on the prototype is a little bigger than the finished product. They made the feedneck smaller just like it is on the independence.

#12 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

I looked at that video. He's shooting the alien invasion prototype but if you notice the feedneck on the prototype is a little bigger than the finished product. They made the feedneck smaller just like it is on the independence.

Your right. I imagine it would but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

#13 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:10 PM

Your right. I imagine it would but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Well on latsabb's video, think that's how you spell his name lol he out the pinokio on the independence but barely over it. I just rather not slide around with the feedneck barely in and something snaps

#14 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

I understand I love the low profile feedneck. Looks great with my spire.
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=207821

#15 Jack Rice

Jack Rice

President, Alien Paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

The Feedneck is taller on the Invasion and it doesn't sit into the gun quite as far - I don't have a Pinocchio so I can't say for sure - but ther is about 1/2 inch extra height on Invasion. Some on XSV though the hopper sat too low for good view and didn't put the loader down all the way into the gun - some thought it was OK. Easier to make with the extra height - so if as good or better - just do it that way.
The most thoughtfully made guns - not the most expensive!

#16 mustangs

mustangs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

The Feedneck is taller on the Invasion and it doesn't sit into the gun quite as far - I don't have a Pinocchio so I can't say for sure - but ther is about 1/2 inch extra height on Invasion. Some on XSV though the hopper sat too low for good view and didn't put the loader down all the way into the gun - some thought it was OK. Easier to make with the extra height - so if as good or better - just do it that way.

Already bought a demon lol but thanks

#17 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

That's a lie.

OP: I have a review coming on the invasion. Never shot any Macdev products, but I assure you. You won't be disappointed with the Invasion.

Check this out
My final review is coming soon. I just need to do some tests with reballs and backspin.

How could I lie about my own opinions on a marker? I personally dont think any brand on the market can compete with MacDev for the quality you ge at those prices.

Dont get me wrong, the independence I got to use was amazingly smooth for a poppet, but I like the sturdy feel of MacDev guns.

#18 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

I have an Invasion with a Pinokio (my only loader) and i have no problems at all with it. Just clearing that up.

#19 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

That's a lie.

Check this out

How could I lie about my own opinions on a marker? I personally dont think any brand on the market can compete with MacDev for the quality you ge at those prices.

Dont get me wrong, the independence I got to use was amazingly smooth for a poppet, but I like the sturdy feel of MacDev guns.

You worded it as if you were stating a fact....
That's BS that alien guns are not made with the same quality as macdev's. Both guns have their pros and cons, get whichever suits you more.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users