• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

So I just got a G-1 for Christmas and I have no experience with the gun at all. I read the manual, I watched youtube videos... I did exactly what everyone explains to do. See, when I got the marker and checked it out, the foregrip was... loose. It wiggled. I didn't think anything of it, but later I got home and decided to check the marker out more thoroughly.

I wanted to change the feedneck. However, I had no idea that changing the feedneck meant totally dismantling the gun. I thought it was a simple process but it wasn't... Either way I carried on, following the instructions of a few youtube videos and the manual. Everything goes fine until I get to the point where I need to unscrew the foregrip(I guess the regulator?). I turn and turn and turn and nothing happens. It doesn't tighten, it doesn't loosen. It just spins and spins. Am I doing something wrong? Is my G-1 messed up? I'm hoping I'm just missing some very simple step, but I suppose at this point if I can catch it early that my marker is messed up I can just return it/contact support.

Edited by dustyshouri, 25 December 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#2 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

So I just got a G-1 for Christmas and I have no experience with the gun at all. I read the manual, I watched youtube videos... I did exactly what everyone explains to do. See, when I got the marker and checked it out, the foregrip was... loose. It wiggled. I didn't think anything of it, but later I got home and decided to check the marker out more thoroughly.

I wanted to change the feedneck. However, I had no idea that changing the feedneck meant totally dismantling the gun. I thought it was a simple process but it wasn't... Either way I carried on, following the instructions of a few youtube videos and the manual. Everything goes fine until I get to the point where I need to unscrew the foregrip(I guess the regulator?). I turn and turn and turn and nothing happens. It doesn't tighten, it doesn't loosen. It just spins and spins. Am I doing something wrong? Is my G-1 messed up? I'm hoping I'm just missing some very simple step, but I suppose at this point if I can catch it early that my marker is messed up I can just return it/contact support.

Shouldnt be messed up. There may be a couple causes. If you do want to get the reg off without unscrewing it, take the barrel off, take the grip frame screws off, and put the allen key through the top of the shroud and unscrew the small set screw. This should disengage the reg from the marker body/breech. From there you can try to unscrew the reg from the vertical asa.

The second option you can do is screw the small set screw in the reg grip so it can grip the reg sides a bit more. The problem with this is that it is fairly easy to strip the small set screw, and may make the problem worse. I would not go this route.

The last thing you can do, which is highly reccommended, is to get a set of $5 snap ring pliers. File them down to fit the holes in the snap ring on the reg (dont need any "special snap ring pliers" - hogwash). Take off the snap ring. Slide off the swivel, unscrew the set screw, slide off the reg grip, then try unscrewing the reg directly. It should come off fairly easily with direct torque from your hand.

Seems like it was screwed on too tight or the threads ceased or the grip set screw wasnt tightened from factory (which isnt a big deal). Once you loosen the reg up, put some lube on the reg threads and do not overtighten. Just until snug. When you put on the set screw, do the same. Not overtight, but snug, or just past that. You will be able to twist the reg normally using the grip after you lube it.

Hope this helps. If you need any other help, just give me a shout.

Edit: Dont do choice #1. If your marker is brand new you might want to do option #2 but be gentle. Tighten the small set screw until snug or just past it. If you find that its "scraping", just stop and go to option 3. You will need snap ring pliers anyways to service the reg.

Edited by Danny D, 26 December 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#3 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

Well I don't want to service the regulator, I just want to get it off so I can change the feedneck(I can't change the feedneck until I get the breech out, which requires full dismantling). All the options seem a bit excessive for a brand new marker, so I've contacted GOG and I'll see what they say. I may end up just returning and getting a replacement.

I might try #2 though, but I don't plan on forcing/messing anything up. Also on a sidenote, does anyone know where I can register my product on GOG's website?

Edited by dustyshouri, 26 December 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#4 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

Well I don't want to service the regulator, I just want to get it off so I can change the feedneck(I can't change the feedneck until I get the breech out, which requires full dismantling). All the options seem a bit excessive for a brand new marker, so I've contacted GOG and I'll see what they say. I may end up just returning and getting a replacement.

I might try #2 though, but I don't plan on forcing/messing anything up. Also on a sidenote, does anyone know where I can register my product on GOG's website?

Its really not all that excessive. Its just another way to do the same thing - to get the reg off.The GOG tech's will likely do the same thing, and wont give you a new marker. I dont really see any issue with your marker. Again, most likely the set screw isnt put in and or the reg was screwed on a bit too tight and will need some lube for next time. If the set screw is missing, then you might have a real problem. But they should be able to ship one to you if thats the issue without you having to ship your whole marker to them. Just trying to save you on some shipping costs, but if you feel more comfortable sending it in - go for it.

In case you want to do it yourself, I can easily help you do a step by step without voiding the warantee. You wont need to go inside the reg.

You will eventually need to service the reg at some point (dont need to do it for at least 6-8 months), which is why I was suggesting getting the snap ring pliers a bit early.They will allow you to get the grip off and take the reg off the body directly. No servicing needed. 2-3 steps max.

Edited by Danny D, 27 December 2012 - 12:27 AM.

#5 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Can you tell me exactly what screw I should be looking for and where?

edit: Okay, so I found the screw I needed to tighten. It was at the base of the foregrip, but they don't provide the allen wrench size for it... so I ignored it for now. However I just grabbed one from my Ninja tank kit and tightened it up, and now the foregrip comes off just fine. Thanks!

Edited by dustyshouri, 27 December 2012 - 12:39 AM.

#6 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Ah, just one problem after the next. Now the screw directly above the foregrip(which is accessed through the barrel) is insanely tight. I'm also getting a lot of trigger sticks as well.

#7 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

The first issue, use a bigger Allen key. You may need to use some muscle.

The trigger sticks are caused by overtightening the top grip screw to get to the battery. Back it out by half a turn. You won't get anymore trigger stick.

#8 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Just thought I'd pop in and say everything went great :) Went to a local paintball shop and talked to the guy a bit and he ended up having a nice T-shaped allen that gave me nice torque. Screw kind of clicked so it was in there pretty tight. Ended up having problems with the stock board(not blackheart) where the trigger was messing up for no apparently reason. Semi-auto trigger did nothing, and full-auto fired continuously without trigger input at all. Worked fine with the marker taken apart, but as soon as I put everything back together it went haywire again. No problem though as I had a blackheart board and installed that and everything works amazing :) Also the tip with the top screw helps a lot with the trigger sticks, great thing to know from now on.

I will say I am completely surprised as just how much you have to do to change the feedneck. The video reviews about the G-1 implied it was a simply task but apparently you have to completely disassemble the marker to change the feedneck. Is there a simpler process to get the breech out or do you really have to just strip it all down first? I mean I already changed mines while I installed my blackheart, but my brother-in-law already had a blackheart installed and wants the feedneck changed, but he doesn't want to dismantle the entire thing to do it.

Edited by dustyshouri, 30 December 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#9 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

Glad you are happy.

I don't think there is another way to exchange feed positions/remove the breech. Need to fully disassemble. You will get faster at it though through practice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users