• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 SirMiniPB

SirMiniPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hi, Im a new pballer and I wanted to get some help with what to buy. So far I own the Sly Profit and some decent pants. I almost entitely set on the invert too, but my mind can be changed. I also wanted to know why i should get a 68/4500 tank instead of the 48/3000. For the marker itself I am floating around the GoG eXTCy, Proto Rail, Invert Mini, or possibly a used gun, or something you guys recomend. Also mabye some good pads/jersy, ext. THANKS! Ps My intire budget is about 450-500 Max cause Im only 13 and I have to pay for it myself.
webkit-fake-url://24995738-CEF8-4BA3-A925-248B72384E5E/2s8pbw5.gif

#2 obft

obft

Bringing Sexy Back

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

68/45 tanks are better than 48/3000 because the 68s are much lighter and hold a lot more air. And if you're only 13, you should look into a smaller tank, such as a 50/45. As for the gun, those three you mentioned are all great guns, it comes down to preference which one you want. And when it comes to a first gun, I prefer to buy new. But if you trust yourself/know someone who's an expert on that gun, then go used.

#3 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hi, Im a new pballer and I wanted to get some help with what to buy. So far I own the Sly Profit and some decent pants. I almost entitely set on the invert too, but my mind can be changed. I also wanted to know why i should get a 68/4500 tank instead of the 48/3000. For the marker itself I am floating around the GoG eXTCy, Proto Rail, Invert Mini, or possibly a used gun, or something you guys recomend. Also mabye some good pads/jersy, ext. THANKS! Ps My intire budget is about 450-500 Max cause Im only 13 and I have to pay for it myself.

Well, first off welcome to paintball. Secondly, I think the invert too is probly your best choice for an inexpensive, quality loader (although the empire scion is a newer version of it, but idk if its released yet). Third, you want a 68/4500 tank because it can; A. hold more air; and B. it is the most desirable and common tank size (making any possible resale easier). Lastly, I would recommend the GOG eXTCy for your gun. It is quiet, smooth, consistent, easy to program and work with, and I really enjoyed it as my first electro. That brings your grand total to about $475 ($75 Invert TOO + ~$150 68/4500 + $250 eXTCy= $475), right in the middle of your budget (unless of course you find cheaper deals). As for pads and a jersey, you may have to wait to buy them or buy used equipment to save money, I'm only quoting you on new gear.

P.S. I have never used any of the other markers, so I did not give any feedback on them. I simply gave you my opinion on the eXTCy.
Check out my youtube channel!!!
Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

I suggest:
1.Used 50/45-$120
2.Pinokio hopper-$90
3.Used pmr-$200
Total-$410
Reasons:
1.Because it is much lighter than a 48/3000,wil hold about 2x as much air,and is alot easier to shoulder than a 48/3000
2.Because it is very lightweight(a little over 1 lb) and will hold alot of balls.p.s. it is alot smaller profile than it looks.
3.Because it is a very good shooter for the price.It is smooth and quiet when tuned,and seems to be durable.Also,I have been getting about 3 pods and a hopper off of it lately

#5 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Welcome to paintball! Getting a steel tank is basically a waste of money it is really heavy and doesnt hold a lot ofair. I had that told to me countless times but still bought one and i really regret it. As forthe guns i love my mini but gun all those guns are basically personal preference and will all serve you well.

#6 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

For under $300 the most recommended markers are the GoG eXTCy and Proto Rail as far as electro's go. Check out my Comparison Review of the Rail and the Extcy for more information about each marker. :)

#7 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:49 AM

I would pick up a 45/45 or a 50/45 from Swapmytank. They have pre owned tanks that just got hydroed for about $100. Look in my sig.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#8 SirMiniPB

SirMiniPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

UPDATE:
In my shopping cart I have a pro Ninja 50/4500, Pinokio Black, and some swabs/squegees. For the gun I am still stuck between the GoG eXTCy, Proto Rail 2013, Invert Mini and DP G4. I want something that is easy to program/set fire mode, easy to clean, easy to find upgrade parts/barrel,board,bolt,ext., fairly possible to fix or take apart, and efficent on air. I have looked at tons of videos, reviews, comparisons, but still cant decide. Also I can get the mini for a really good price so dont grade by the price of the marker. THANKS! Ps Are adapters for barrels ok to use?

#9 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

I would say mini, but go to your store and try out markers before buying. seriously the basic maintenance on a mini can be performed in about 5 mins
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#10 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I love my Mini but you could go with a used gun (etek, axe, etc)but be wary it could be broken like the Timmy I got as my first gun.

#11 SirMiniPB

SirMiniPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:13 PM

I would say mini, but go to your store and try out markers before buying. seriously the basic maintenance on a mini can be performed in about 5 mins

'The ONLY two reasons I havent bought a mini is that a few people mentioned that the board wasn't up to par with the markers near its range and that the through grip air hosing was hard to maintenance. Otherwise it sounds pretty good to me. Are the quirks that Mike mentions in his video gone in the newest mini? THANKS!

#12 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

First of all I have never needed to fix the air transfer tubes, nothing wrong with it, and whoever told you that is spewing you shit. The board does what it need to do (semi, psp, ???, and full auto), like seriously you can program your board using your trigger (if you buy a new/newer one).

Whoever is telling you this stuff about the air transfer tube (if you get a leak which i never had in the time ive my minis, its just replacing an oring that take like 1 minute to get to), and the board (sure psp ramping issues and god forbid :dodgy: having to open the foregrip to program the optimius board are minor issues, but the shockwave boards that come stock now are pretty cool)is so full of shit. Just go out shoot a mini, if you like it buy one if you dont grab something else. And yes the newer minis do shoot more RELIABLY than the older ones, and less issues.
gnUDL.png

#13 250 cal pntball

250 cal pntball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:26 PM

Steel tanks are a good start but not good after awhile, i would get a 68 4500, it is simply the best tank around and i would go for this setup....

Gun - Dangerous Power G4 $270
Tank - 68 4500 ninga - about $150
Mask - Already have
Hopper - Love the invert halo too and its a great start for so cheap!

I play anything.

My setup ~ Dangerous Power Revi with a Techt bolt, 68 4500 empire tank, Dye Rotor, Dye I4s with amber and mirror lense, valken redemption pants, Empire 2012 Contact Jersey, Nike Cleats

#14 SirMiniPB

SirMiniPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

First of all I have never needed to fix the air transfer tubes, nothing wrong with it, and whoever told you that is spewing you shit. The board does what it need to do (semi, psp, ???, and full auto), like seriously you can program your board using your trigger (if you buy a new/newer one).

Whoever is telling you this stuff about the air transfer tube (if you get a leak which i never had in the time ive my minis, its just replacing an oring that take like 1 minute to get to), and the board (sure psp ramping issues and god forbid :dodgy: having to open the foregrip to program the optimius board are minor issues, but the shockwave boards that come stock now are pretty cool)is so full of shit. Just go out shoot a mini, if you like it buy one if you dont grab something else. And yes the newer minis do shoot more RELIABLY than the older ones, and less issues.

Ok, so on Ansgear they have the mini for 325, and they have an upgraded board, APE for $60 extra. Does the stock board have the quick firing mode change via trigger or will I want to get that upgrade that comes with that and other features.

#15 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

Ok, so on Ansgear they have the mini for 325, and they have an upgraded board, APE for $60 extra. Does the stock board have the quick firing mode change via trigger or will I want to get that upgrade that comes with that and other features.

If its new from ANSGear, no need for an after market board. Relatively easy to program using the shockwave board as long you can count, literate, and not color blind.

But does the mini feel good in your hand and shoot the way you like? if it doesn't then dont get it, get something you will enjoy shooting

EDIT: and yes with the shockwave board as soon as you go into program mode that is the first thing it will go is firing mode, 1 for semi, 2 for psp 3 shot, 3 for millennium, 4 for NXL full auto.

Edited by get.lit.up!, 29 December 2012 - 07:23 PM.

gnUDL.png

#16 TheGreat

TheGreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

If you're going with the Mini you should probably look at this: http://www.ansgear.c...iwfreehalo2.htm

#17 SirMiniPB

SirMiniPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Thanks for everything guys! You were all a great help and super nice. I went to the store and decided that the mini looked and felt great as I used it and based on what you guys said I will be purchasing it sometime before the 14th of January. Thanks for helping me love the paintball community!!!!

#18 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Thanks for everything guys! You were all a great help and super nice. I went to the store and decided that the mini looked and felt great as I used it and based on what you guys said I will be purchasing it sometime before the 14th of January. Thanks for helping me love the paintball community!!!!

dont get the mini seriously for even less money than the mini the extcy blows the mini out of the water, you get the most bang for your buck out of that gun. also get a 68/4500 tank because all tanks have a 5 year rehydro date so while you're only 13 now that tank will be good until your 18 and im sure as you get older the 68/4500 wont be an issue to lug round so you wont have to buy a bigger size tank in the future.

Lulzjustacat.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users