#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

Macdev Clone GT

That being said my vote goes to the Geo 3 because the DM12's resale will go down the shitter in a year.

Edited by kingJurzy, 26 December 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Macdev Clone GT

That being said my vote goes to the Geo 3 because the DM12's resale will go down the shitter in the year.

#4 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

Geo 3. Smooth, reliable and shoots great! It has an actual board you can read rather then flashing lights and no lpr that you have to mess around with, and maintenance on it is much easier.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#5 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

Geo 3. Smooth, reliable and shoots great! It has an actual board you can read rather then flashing lights and no lpr that you have to mess around with, and maintenance on it is much easier.

the noid adjustment screw, for all intents and purposes, is essentially an LPR.
As much as i'd love dye, even i'd pick a geo 3 over the dm12 simply because its a smaller gun.

the one thing i dont like about the geo 3 is that it alternates metric and standard oring sizes throughout the gun and theres quite a few different sizes.
i can make an oring kit for a DM for about $25 for a 100x rebuild kit(i even made a sticky on it). for the geo 3 you're looking at almost double that since metric sizes tend to be more expensive.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

As much as i'd love dye, even i'd pick a geo 3 over the dm12 simply because its a smaller gun.

the one thing i dont like about the geo 3 is that it alternates metric and standard oring sizes throughout the gun and theres quite a few different sizes.
i can make an oring kit for a DM for about $25 for a 100x rebuild kit(i even made a sticky on it). for the geo 3 you're looking at almost double that since metric sizes tend to be more expensive.

How often do you see people need to change o-rings on a Geo though?

#7 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

How often do you see people need to change o-rings on a Geo though?

im not saying its going to be shredding orings all the time. when i get a spool valve gun, i get a large oring kit for it so if something comes up, i can take care of the problem then and there.
my only point is that, if you're like me, you're going to be paying a relatively large amount compared to a DM or luxe for an oring kit. That wouldn't prevent me from getting one, but for me, thats a legitimate gripe.

Edited by Pakistani, 28 December 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#8 Scirca

Scirca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

To add to this, what if you threw in a Luxe into the mix, so

Luxe 2.0 vs Geo 3 vs DM12

which one, why?

#9 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

To add to this, what if you threw in a Luxe into the mix, so

Luxe 2.0 vs Geo 3 vs DM12

which one, why?

i've never owned a geo 3, but i can compare the dm12 and luxe.
the DM will have more rock solid reliability, efficiency, and will more than likely never give you any problems with FSDO, bolt stick, or drop off.

the luxe will ultimately be smoother, kick a little less, and imo, feel better in your hands.
if you are willing to spend a little bit more time with keeping up with and maintaining your gun, the luxe is hard to beat.

#10 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Luxe > Geo 3 > DM12
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#11 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Luxe > Geo 3 > DM12

all things considered, i don't think its that simple.
they all have their pros and cons. having owned two of the 3, i could see myself picking up any of the 3 depending on what i want in a gun.

if i want a gun i can beat up, not take care of, and keep in my gear bag.. a DM is about the only spool you can do that with.
if i want a gun that just shoots butter all day, i'd get the luxe.
if i wanted a gun that seemingly fits somewhere in the middle, i'd get a geo 3.

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

Luxe > Geo 3 > DM12

they all have their pros and cons. having owned two of the 3, i could see myself picking up any of the 3 depending on what i want in a gun.

if i want a gun i can beat up, not take care of, and keep in my gear bag.. a DM is about the only spool you can do that with.

A DM more reliable than a Geo?

#13 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Luxe > Geo 3 > DM12

I haven't owned a GEO, so im not going to act like my opinions are fact but after having owned a ton of DMs over the years, i can attest to how bomb proof they are.
by bomb proof, i dont mean just reliable. all guns are reliable if you take care of them. im talking about the guns working through weekend in and weekend out of abuse and neglect. DM's just seem to work despite the temperature or not being lubed or cleaned.

now im not saying a geo cant do that as well, im just saying i can personally attest to the DM's ability to do that.

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

Luxe > Geo 3 > DM12

I haven't owned a GEO, so im not going to act like my opinions are fact but after having owned a ton of DMs over the years, i can attest to how bomb proof they are.
by bomb proof, i dont mean just reliable. all guns are reliable if you take care of them. im talking about the guns working through weekend in and weekend out of abuse and neglect. DM's just seem to work despite the temperature or not being lubed or cleaned.

now im not saying a geo cant do that as well, im just saying i can personally attest to the DM's ability to do that.

Wow, Ive actually been looking into DMs recently after disliking them because of Dyes release every year, but Im hearing a lot of people say the same things about them being much more dependable than Luxes, etc. Not to mention you can buy a DM 8-11 for way cheaper than even a Luxe 1.0, then throw an Eigenring in it and have better efficiency too.

#15 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Luxe > Geo 3 > DM12

Wow, Ive actually been looking into DMs recently after disliking them because of Dyes release every year, but Im hearing a lot of people say the same things about them being much more dependable than Luxes, etc. Not to mention you can buy a DM 8-11 for way cheaper than even a Luxe 1.0, then throw an Eigenring in it and have better efficiency too.

a DM on stock settings should be more efficient than the luxe on stock settings, but the luxe will be smoother. at least thats what i saw out of my luxe and dm's
im not really sure why people complain so much about dye releasing a new gun every year. in the end, it only benefits the buyer because you can get a gun thats 12 months old for $600 less than retail price.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

a DM on stock settings should be more efficient than the luxe on stock settings, but the luxe will be smoother. at least thats what i saw out of my luxe and dm's
im not really sure why people complain so much about dye releasing a new gun every year. in the end, it only benefits the buyer because you can get a gun thats 12 months old for $600 less than retail price.

This is exactly what Ive been realizing. DMs are a used gun buyers dream.

To the OP, if youve got the money the Geo 3 wont disappoint, but some would question if PE has made a spool that worth that much yet given the performnance of similarly proced guns that shoot smoother/quieter, but the Geos are undeniably the least maintenance intensive. The DM will be a much cheaper option since you can buy any model 08-12 depending on your preference and they will only have minor changes (trigger, gripframe). If you really want all the benefits of a spoolie (quietest, softest shot) then the Clone GT or Luxe is the way to go.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users