• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 lazzrpb

lazzrpb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

either camo from good will, or a dirt cheap jersey and pants, maybe even a homemade setup tell the community what you do, or ask a question that you need answers
Rules:

1. no buisness dealings
2. no trolling and or flamming
Upped project salvo

http://www.techpb.co...1

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

I used to play a lot in shorts and a T shirt before I got pants and a jersey, but I still play in a T shirt. You can do what I did, but for the sake of your knees I wouldn't recommend it. Purpose built paintball apparel helps but in the end the gains can be minimal, so just use whatever you can.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 26 December 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#3 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

If you're lucky,you can occasionally find jerseys at ggodwill.As for what I play in,usually a black t-shirt and jeans with knee pads.I don't see any point in buying paintball-specific gear if you only play once a month.And look what I found:
http://www.ansgear.c...&show=75&page=1
May pick one up as a belated christmas present to myself.

Edited by paintballguy2255, 26 December 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#4 lazzrpb

lazzrpb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

when I first started I always played in a sweatshirt and jeans they had great durability, and deflected decent paintballs
Upped project salvo

#5 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

If you want to save a lot of money, get some Bdus, a trilogy pump, a primo and a decent tank. Just don't skimp on the mask. With all that you're looking at about $250
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#6 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

just get decent pants,tank,loader,gun,goodmask and you are all set

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Get good pants. Then some kneepads, then elbow pads. After that, then you can buy a flashy jersey. Jerseys are mostly for show, im which is the only reason why I have one.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

Get good pants. Then some kneepads, then elbow pads. After that, then you can buy a flashy jersey. Jerseys are mostly for show, im which is the only reason why I have one.

I say get knee pads first because they will probably offer more protection than the padding that pants give you

#9 lazzrpb

lazzrpb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

I say get knee pads first because they will probably offer more protection than the padding that pants give you

i dont mean any offense, but this is more of a thread meant for people who cant afford jersey's or pads. but more like helpful tips for those showing up in camo pants and a sweatshirt
Upped project salvo

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

i dont mean any offense, but this is more of a thread meant for people who cant afford jersey's or pads. but more like helpful tips for those showing up in camo pants and a sweatshirt

Well you can get away with using some cheap tactical kneepads, such as the Disruptive Paintball Kneepads, or go even cheaper and use some volleyball kneepads, which work great too.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#11 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

For the majority of my time in this sport (prolly 12 outa my 13 years) i played in shorts and a pair of coveralls id take home from work (I am a mechanic coveralls are free and get cleaned weekly). Never had knee pads or the need for paintball specific gear.

Last year i sprang for a new jersy and some paintball pants. The jersy is just showing off (custom made mostly as a joke) but the pants with built in knee protection are just absolutly a god send. personally i will never play a game without em again.

T shirts or sweat shirts are more than enuff for play. But if at all possible get some paintball pants or at very least some knee pads.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#12 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Sorry for the off-topicism,but there are some cheap jerseys and pants out there.I personally still wear jeans and a t-shirt,as they are suffice for me,but like I posted above,there are less than $10 jerseys out there,which go well with some cheap volleyball/pb knee pads,which can also be had for less than about $20.And just to put a tip in here(thats what she said),in order to make cheap pads/jerseys last,always hand-wash them and dry them in front of a box-fan or under a ceiling fan.NEVER THE DRYER!

#13 Patar

Patar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:21 PM

You could find some pants for like $40-60... as long as it's not the latest edition pants and probably pretty simple it's a great buy. I think out of all gear, except the mask, pants are the thing you want to make sure you have DEDICATED paintball pants. built for paintball. The padding helps so much. Went in jeans one day and hated it.

Other than that, just run around in a baggy sweater with a tee underneath. Gets a lot of bounces too.

Edited by Patar, 02 January 2013 - 12:22 PM.

#14 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I started out in a pair of jeans and a long sleeve shirt. I got some money together and slowly upgraded from that. I got a Valken jersey for $30 2 months ago. I just got a pair of Planet Eclipse 2009 pants in today for $100. I suggest just slowly upgrading like that. Buy what you can when you can!
\Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users