• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:21 PM

I just got into speedball and prefer it A LOT more over woodsball. I know the ways to communicate such as s1 and d1 referring to the first snake and dorito from the opponents side, respectively. I also know left 20 means the opposing player is on the left, 20% from their side. There is also stuff like dorito 20. Which way is best or does it all depend on the team. What is also the most popular so i know what to use when playing walkon. I prefer the s1, d1, a1, stuff.

#2 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Chicken in the coop for someones at home. Or if they are in the same bunker as you just opposite side of the field you would yell my mirror.

Edited by TexasBalla, 27 December 2012 - 04:00 AM.

#3 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,932 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Listen to what the other players at your field use. All else fails just say the side of the field and he shape of the bunker. Ex: right corner aztec...ect

#4 Darthdoug

Darthdoug

Playing for CRU LT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Fortunately or unfortunately every country, region, and even team has different calls for different things. The main thing is to keep talking to your teammates and make sure THEY understand what you mean. It doesn't matter if you what you call it as long as your team understands. If you're playing with a team you'll have standard calls. If not at least ask the other people at the start box what you all want to call a few key bunkers on the field. I.E. "Okay, I'm going to go to that mini dorito and then into the snake. I will need to know if that tall tower near their snake is live. What do you want to call that tower?"
Doug

I play for Cru Paintball
My Team is Cru LT

#5 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Fortunately or unfortunately every country, region, and even team has different calls for different things. The main thing is to keep talking to your teammates and make sure THEY understand what you mean. It doesn't matter if you what you call it as long as your team understands. If you're playing with a team you'll have standard calls. If not at least ask the other people at the start box what you all want to call a few key bunkers on the field. I.E. "Okay, I'm going to go to that mini dorito and then into the snake. I will need to know if that tall tower near their snake is live. What do you want to call that tower?"

^ he knows whats up. :tup:
just make sure everyone knows what you're talking about and it doesnt matter what you call the bunkers. hell, make the calls in german if people will know what you're talking about.

if you are just playing rec-ball, dont worry about using code names as it will probably confuse a couple of your teammates if they aren't experienced. the whole point of code names is so that when you call it out, your team knows exactly what bunker they should look at, not so the other team has no idea what you're saying. so like someone suggested above "chicken in the coup" for back center seems pointless when you can just say "back center" or "home".

things like type of bunker and general location seem to be universal. so things like "right-can", "back-left", "left- tall maya", etc. are what you should try and use for recball to guarantee people understand you.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#6 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Say like football terms, thats our basis at my field. Like 50 is halfway, 20 is a little away from the very back, etc. Then just left, center, or right side. If all else fails, like etek girl said, say the shape and side of the bunker. At our field we have special codes that players use, like cannon is actually snake, and cannonball is the bunker before the snake. Also, find out the basis for determining outs. Like for us its ____ is a G.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users