9 replies to this topic

#1 Bigpants

Bigpants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:09 AM

Freak vs. Shaft 4 vs. Boomstick

if anybody has used any of these and would like to let me know the pros and cons of each it would be much appreciated

#2 NoLimitsOnLife

NoLimitsOnLife

Patience is a Virtue, and my board is broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:16 AM

i used to own the shaft 4. couldnt tell the difference between it and the stock barrel. i would go with a freak barrel ket simply cause you can change inserts to match your paint however you want.
Posted Image
Setup: System X NME LE, Dye Rotor, Guerrilla Air 88/4500 Myth G2
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

WHY ARE WE YELLING!!!1!!1!11!!!

My vote goes to the Freak kit because it looks batter and because the inserts don't cost you a kidney on the black market. The boomstick is just a waste of money.

#4 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

Depends on your financial situation really, and what you like the look of. In the end a barrel is just a tube that sends the paintballs in the direction you point it. I personally wont use the freak kit because of the windows on the barrel back, I don't like when the insert color clashes with the color of my gun. Boomstick looks insanely sick but is crazy expensive and have personally seen 2 of them snap where the SS insert meets the CF sleeve. Shaft4s do their job, if you are considering a shaft4 I'd say just go with the Lapco Fuse, they are cross compatible (Shaft4 fronts and backs fit Fuse fronts and backs) and the quality/finish is better on the lapco.

But all in all, if you are buying a new barrel in hopes of some performance increases, the differences will be minimal and I would say stay stock unless you are buying purely for aesthetic purposes

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

If you want a really nice barrel that uses Freak inserts there is the Deadlywind Fibur, which is CF and accepts them.

#6 sunshinekid91

sunshinekid91

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

i use nothing but cp one piece barrels on my guns (one piece! not the two piece...the one peice). for thirty bucks you get a one piece barrel in the bore, length and color you want (still less than just a boomstick back alone and will pretty much always match the color of your gun for those concerned with the bling bling O_o). ppl swear by boomsticks and freak kits but i just don't think they're worth their price when compared to that of a cp one piece. I owned a boomstick in the bore of paint my field used at the time thinking it'd be an upgrade to my one pc CP (both barrels were in the same bore)...sold it after three trips to the field to buy more CP's in different bores. Now freaks i've never owned, however i've owned those using them :ph34r:
And Shepherds we shall be, for Thee my Lord, for Thee...power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall in ever be. In Nommine Patri, et Filli, et Spiritu Sacti, AMEN.
ACADIANA PAINTBALL COMPLEX
Kid please, my System X NME LE will literally shit your gun...how do you think I got my reflex rail?

#7 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Freak Barrels. Most of my guns have Freak systems and I love them.

#8 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

freak all the way baby
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#9 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

If you have $ the CF Boomsticks are by far the best barrels out there. However, if you want to save cash I would go with the freak system. In the middle of the two I'd put the Shaft kit because I like how it has a longer control bore but just like the boomstick you need to buy separate backs which could get expensive.

Edited by LegionPB, 12 January 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#10 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

They're all nice barrels, and you can bore match pretty well with any of them. I'd suggest the Freak, mostly because it's not as expensive to buy multiple bore sizes: you buy a $12 insert as opposed to a $40+ back.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users