• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 bo39

bo39

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hey Guys my mom just bought me the JT Outkast start-up kit from Walmart i want to know is it any good for scenario games and rec or should i spend money to upgrade it to hells edge.

#2 250 cal pntball

250 cal pntball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

No. Get something real from ansgear. this will not last a full day of play.

I play anything.

My setup ~ Dangerous Power Revi with a Techt bolt, 68 4500 empire tank, Dye Rotor, Dye I4s with amber and mirror lense, valken redemption pants, Empire 2012 Contact Jersey, Nike Cleats

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Hey, my first gun was a VL Triton II set from walmart on my 12th birthday.

Posted Image

In my opinion, if it shoots, then it'll definitely work as a beginner gun, although you may grow out of it VERY quickly.

EDIT: DO NOT UPGRADE ANYTHING ON IT. Save up to buy a better loader, tank, and mask first off. After all that, you should look into buying a new gun. In the meantime, have fun playing paintball and welcome to TechPB.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 31 January 2013 - 09:49 AM.

#4 Pb player eh

Pb player eh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

And I thought I had a bad first gun with my a5 lol

#5 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:32 PM

And I thought I had a bad first gun with my a5 lol

hehehe
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#6 dragonwing7x@gmail.com

dragonwing7x@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

my first gun spyder victor grew out of it quicly now use an uped ion

Player of STL huSTLe             XTREME paintball park milstatd illinois home of total greif

giphy.gif

http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#7 William Salazar

William Salazar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

My first paintball gun is a Planet Eclipse Etek 3 LT; I use it with a dye rotor and a 4500 tank. I was wondering what would be a good upgrade from an Etek 3.

#8 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

kids.

My first gun was a Talon, the gray one. Then it was a 98 custom with a RT, man I thought that thing was a machine gun.

My first paintball gun is a Planet Eclipse Etek 3 LT; I use it with a dye rotor and a 4500 tank. I was wondering what would be a good upgrade from an Etek 3.

why upgrade? you could always save your money to play more

#9 southmsbrad

southmsbrad

I play Techpb Videos to sleep at night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

I had me an Ole Brass EAGLE baby!!! Hey dont waste your money on upgrades, just have it for fun and save up to buy some quality gear

#10 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

No. Get something real from ansgear. this will not last a full day of play.

Don't exaggerate. You're going to out grow that gun fast and want to get something higher end but you can use it if you don't play all that often. If you plan on staying in the sport for a long time though, you should have gone with something else, like a used Proto Matrix or a used Ion, both can be found for around $120.

No need to upgrade from an Etek 3. An Ego will shoot nicer but there is absolutely nothing wrong with an Etek 3.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#11 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

its a ok starter but you will grow out of it quick
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#12 splatman917

splatman917

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

my advice would be to return it, buy a little more expensive start up setup:

gun- azodin kaos: $90
tank- guerilla air 62/3000: $50
loader- invert halo too: $75
mask- v-force profiler: $75

in total: $290

now i know this is expensive, but if you buy this then you have the ability to upgrade your gun, you already have a fast loader and a good hpa tank and a good mask, you can compete with anyone!

#13 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

IF it shoots, and you can carry it, use it!

Don't worry about it being not up to standard with the others. If it can get you to play paintball then it gets you to play paintball.
If you enjoy paintball a lot, get the set-up splatman said, but I recommend the GOG Enemy over the Kaos. Enemy can be upgraded to a higher potential than the Kaos.

#14 LTU_Llexas

LTU_Llexas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

half year ago brought 07 pmr with upgrades for my son. bit by bit collected everything else, so how it looks now:
Proto Pmr 07
Tech T L7 bolt
Dye ultralight 14 barrel
NDZ's clamping feedneck, back cap, trigger, on/off ASA with SP rail (all ALU)
halo loader stock
07 draxxus 68/4500 tank
Cost in total 290$

Edited by LTU_Llexas, 30 January 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#15 evan15549

evan15549

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

For the price, it is an excellent marker! As long as you have everything you need to play (Mask, tank, hopper, marker) then you should be good to go! It's not the marker that decides how much fun you'll have.

#16 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

Hey Guys my mom just bought me the JT Outkast start-up kit from Walmart i want to know is it any good for scenario games and rec or should i spend money to upgrade it to hells edge.

Don't worry about upgrading a beginner marker. Concentrate on first buying a high end mask with a thermal lens. Then a good 4800 HPA tank and when/if you get tired of the shake and bake, pick up a good force fed loader. Just keep your JT clean and maintained until you decide to grab something new.

#17 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

For a beginner package thats perfectly fine. In a year you might decide you don't even want to play anymore, and all you'll be out is $100-$150. Don't listen to the people on here telling you to spend more money, not everyone has $300 to spend on their first setup.

This was my first gun, 12 years ago, ViewLoader Orion. I got it for $50 and I always used a gravity hopper and CO2 with it. The gun still works today like the day I bought it, which is more than probably 90% of people can say about their newer guns. Only reason I upgraded is because I wanted something that shot faster and didnt feel like a .50cal when it fired.

Keep your package and own it. If down the road you really get into the sport and want to upgrade you will be better for it.

#18 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

You can't buy an electric loader for the outkast the elbow it comes with doesnt fit it

#19 Nextgenpb96

Nextgenpb96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

my first gun was a spyder. Know i have a mini. i say save ur money and by a better gun :D

#20 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

my first gun was a spyder. Know i have a mini. i say save ur money and by a better gun :D

know.... now*

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

#21 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Why didnt you just rent?

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#22 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

An ego11 almost the same ergonomics and a ton of more features and a little quieter too.

#23 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

An ego11 almost the same ergonomics and a ton of more features and a little quieter too.

Any High end, used or new.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

For a beginner package thats perfectly fine. In a year you might decide you don't even want to play anymore, and all you'll be out is $100-$150. Don't listen to the people on here telling you to spend more money, not everyone has $300 to spend on their first setup.

This was my first gun, 12 years ago, ViewLoader Orion. I got it for $50 and I always used a gravity hopper and CO2 with it. The gun still works today like the day I bought it, which is more than probably 90% of people can say about their newer guns. Only reason I upgraded is because I wanted something that shot faster and didnt feel like a .50cal when it fired.

Keep your package and own it. If down the road you really get into the sport and want to upgrade you will be better for it.

Don't listen to this guy. Go buy all that 300 bucks worth of gear. It's all worth it in the end, whether you decide to continue playing paintball or not. If you do decide to keep on doing it, then you're all set for a really long time, and do not have to worry about stuff as useless as upgrades. Most upgrades do near to nothing for your gun, and you may have used that money on actually playing, paint, or another gun entirely.
However, if you do decide to not get into the sport, then you're fine too. It's a whole lot easier selling the high end, nice gear used, than the sub par, shit crapper stuff that's also used.

More people are willing to buy a used rotor, used i4, and used ninja 68/4500 than a used eggy, used walmart jt's, and used 48/3000 steelie. Less money lost, and more experience with the sport is all you leave with.

#25 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

Unless youve got disposable income throw away Buy that stuff in 3 months if you're still interested in the sport. If your gun shoots that's all you need to have fun. As a beginner your equipment is going to make very little difference.

#26 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

now i know this is expensive, but if you buy this then you have the ability to upgrade your gun, you already have a fast loader and a good hpa tank and a good mask, you can compete with anyone!

no. this is a starter thing. which means hes not even sure if he'll like paintball enough. Don't assume that people automatically like paintball when they get into it. why would he spend almost 300 dollars which isn't even his own money because his mom bought him the jt outkast, when he doesn't even know if he likes playing enough to continue? if it shoot then play with it.

Lulzjustacat.png

#27 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

no. this is a starter thing. which means hes not even sure if he'll like paintball enough. Don't assume that people automatically like paintball when they get into it. why would he spend almost 300 dollars which isn't even his own money because his mom bought him the jt outkast, when he doesn't even know if he likes playing enough to continue? if it shoot then play with it.

Because, if he buys the good stuff first, he'll either:
Really like the sport and be glad he got the good stuff first.
or
Not like the sport, and have items that aren't that hard to sell and will most likely get most of his money back.

He'll probably lose close to 50 bucks, but at least he had fun doing so, plus 50 isn't even that much. Get the good stuff first. Whilst saving up for it, use the rest of your money just to play, because money can't really buy experience or a good time.

#28 Nextgenpb96

Nextgenpb96

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

know.... now*

my bad mom.....

#29 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

or
Not like the sport, and have items that aren't that hard to sell and will most likely get most of his money back.

He'll probably lose close to 50 bucks, but at least he had fun doing so, plus 50 isn't even that much. Get the good stuff first. Whilst saving up for it, use the rest of your money just to play, because money can't really buy experience or a good time.

you fail to dispute the other point about the money not even being his, so its really up to the parent. so he can't even get that stuff without the help of his mom.

Lulzjustacat.png

#30 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

or

you fail to dispute the other point about the money not even being his, so its really up to the parent. so he can't even get that stuff without the help of his mom.

Well then I'd say to just wait until you can afford it, and just play or rent until then. Because honestly, no electro is worth it in the long term if its under 200.

#31 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

know.... now*

my bad mon.....

Fixed... you are now Jamaican...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#32 walk on pro

walk on pro

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

know.... now*

my bad mom.....

its ok sweetie

Horizontal Stock Class CCI Phantom

2011 Proto Rail, Draxxus 68/45 with Ninja Pro Reg, Halo Too with Exalt Speedfeed, CP .685 14 inch 2 Piece Barrel.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users