• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

So about at about 10:30 this morning I found out my grandpa had a stroke, he died about an hour ago and it was actually a heart attack or something, I don't really know. I don't have anybody to really talk to so I thought, why not tell some people about how awesome he was and still is.

He was that guy that would do anything for me and others, like in the summer he randomly gave me his $800 compound bow along with his arrows, and he bought me a release and a new quiver. But over the years all the things he has done for me are just incredible, he'd give me money whenever I saw him and he probably bought me and my brother over a 100 subway sandwiches each. He was a hunter and shared his love of weapons with me, I never shot an actual gun with him but he took me to bass pro shop all the time and what not. He was funny but not with words, it was just the things he did. he was overweight and had some pretty damn bad health, but he changed by doing, wait for it... eating onion salad and walking. All he ate was salad and onions, he spent a lot of his day walking and he lost a lot of weight, it was awesome. He had bad hearing and dentures, and he probably had 5 pairs of hearing aids and it was getting ridiculous but it was funny. At the end of it all he was an amazing guy who knew a lot and was a straight up bad ass.

That's the end of that.
Have a nice day.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

It always sucks when someone you love passes. Your grandfather sounds like a bamf and the way you described him makes him a bamf. Take care of yourself.

#3 ExcellentStudent

ExcellentStudent

Swaggasaurus Rex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

I know that feel bro.I lost my grandma on Easter 2 years ago.It's really hard

You can't love yourself too much, until you start chafing, them's the rules.

#4 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

It's sad but it's more surprising. He never ate bad food in the last year of his life, he was skinny-ish and he never showed any signs of slipping, I just talked to my grandma and she said the same thing, that is the weird part, he did all the right things.

#5 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

I feel you man, I lost my dad around 3 years ago, and my uncle last year. All we can do is honor them with the good memories they gave us.

#6 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

I feel ya bro. I lost my my gandma 3 weeks ago. Keep your head up man.

#7 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

You have no idea how much that that was like my grandpa, except instead of subway he went to mcdonalds and he was the best driver this world has ever seen. He outran a lot cops back when my dad was a kid. He loved guns and weapons a lot. About a month or so before he passed he gave me his (replica) Katana and a colt AR-15. It always hits home when someone you love dearly passes away. But I always remember the law of conservation of energy, Energy can never be destroyed, it can only change form. All the energy that he used is still around, and always will be.
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users