• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

im looking for a gun that is very simple, reliable, easy to maintain, efficient, i would prefer it to be more smooth than not, and durable. The gun has to be under $500 but cheaper is always better.

Edited by tot810, 28 December 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#2 Lovely_angel_

Lovely_angel_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Well you've got alot of guns under that price range actually and all of them are really good! As long as you maintain any gun it will perform.

You should get a good value gun, so you can buy basic gear (mask,tank,loader,harness) assuming you don't have it already. With the extra dough you could also buy more paint at fields. Its 90 percent player, 10 percent gun.
Also keep in mind that paintball guns were designed to shoot paintballs; you don't need $1000 guns to go pro.

A good value gun would be the g4/g5. My friend has one and its really reliable, and smooth.

#3 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:23 PM

Well you've got alot of guns under that price range actually and all of them are really good! As long as you maintain any gun it will perform.

You should get a good value gun, so you can buy basic gear (mask,tank,loader,harness) assuming you don't have it already. With the extra dough you could also buy more paint at fields. Its 90 percent player, 10 percent gun.
Also keep in mind that paintball guns were designed to shoot paintballs; you don't need $1000 guns to go pro.

A good value gun would be the g4/g5. My friend has one and its really reliable, and smooth.

i already have all the gear you need and a gun i just want a different/new one

#4 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

Shocker, intimidator, axe, dm's, egos... so many options! I actually just picked up a shocker which I love, super smooth. Personally I'd go that or an intimidator.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#5 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

This is very true, minus the DP stuff. I know dp is a good company (I own a g4), but their products are meh. Id go with a used axe, drop in a boss bolt, and that will satisfy a lot of what you want.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#6 Lovely_angel_

Lovely_angel_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

what do you have currently?

#7 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

what do you have currently?

v-force profiler ninja 68/4500 gog envy proto 4+5 pack pinokio with exalt speed feed

#8 Lovely_angel_

Lovely_angel_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

K just wondering so i could see what you could upgrade to...

The empire axe could be a nice upgrade, as its really quiet, quite simple to work on, light and incrdibly effcient.

Though a cheaper gun you could look at is the etha: really cheap and will never let you down.

#9 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Axe or Drone. Drone if you want to stand out at your field.Two very smooth and quiet guns that are well priced.

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:45 PM

Although I own an Etha I would suggest the Axe if the ergonomics work for you. People either love them or hate them. If you like the Axe you can throw a Boss or Lurker bolt in the gun down the road and it will shoot even more amazingly for the price.

#11 Big Walt

Big Walt

Ow Now Brown Cow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

You could find an ugly Ego 09 for under $500. Thing's pretty much a tank. I splurged on mine since I found a color I couldn't pass up on (light azure). You can get a very nice gun for under $500. I'd definitely looked used either way, you'll only save money.

i dont shoot them, i greet them in the nude and invite them into my house to talk about jesus.

Feedback 1/0/0

Ball out til you fall out

#12 OrbitalPB

OrbitalPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Morkal Aura and save the rest for other gear.

#13 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Um Etha rail Etek 4 so many good choices can't really go wrong
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#14 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

eww i would personally stay away from the etek4 since it is a cannon and really kicky.

#15 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

eww i would personally stay away from the etek4 since it is a cannon and really kicky.

Paintball guns don't have noticeable kick tho...
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#16 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Paintball guns don't have noticeable kick tho...

That=very wrong.All guns will have kick.Even a butter smooth ultra-tuned G6R will have some degree of kick.Just because you can't feel it doesn't mean it isn't there.

OP,I suggest the Drone or the Etha,as they are both very good guns.

#17 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:50 PM

I had an AXE and I loved it, Easy to maintain and it shot well. It also fit into my hands nicely. Also try older Dm's They are also smooth.
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#18 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

If you want a newer marker, I would suggest getting an axe and the boss bolt for it. That setup shoots money, its really quiet and smooth, as well as being able to get 10 pods, but make sure you tune it correctly. dm10's (maybe even a dm11 if you search hard enough) go for around that much and they are great shooters too, although not as efficient as an axe.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#19 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

You could find a 2012 Alien Invasion used. Very reliable gun, and you literally don't have to do much maintenance on in, just lube some orings once a year. Thats it. Very smooth, very quiet, efficient, incredibly reliable. IMO best gun in that price range.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#20 Solowing

Solowing

THESE SCALLOPS ARE RAW!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

try and see if you can shoot some of the ones that you want as well. Make sure that you like it and its comfy.
When I'm sad, I stop being sad and become awesome.... true story

#21 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

would it make any difference if i said it is only my second electronic marker? Just wondering if it makes a difference or not.

#22 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

The planet eclipse etha in my opinion is the best bang for buck right now. It has the same reg and barrel as its much more expensive big brothers and it comes with the dependability and customer support that planet eclipse has become known for. I recently bought the dam and I'm gonna keep my ETHA around so I don't have to run around the snow covered north east woods with a $1300 gun. Plus I've come to find out that the DAM doesn't really play well in the cold.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users