• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor519

Taylor519

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

Which would you say is the better woodsball loader. Please give some support to your choosing and don't say rotor.

Also, i would be paying the same price for either so don't reference price.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,067 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Spire.

I feel it is the better all around loader.

#3 Taylor519

Taylor519

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:04 AM

Spire.

I've gotten this a lot but then i hear of loading issues when tilted and I'm in a lot of gunfights where my gun is tilted and don't want feeding issues.

#4 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:01 AM

I just was debating on both myself I opted for the Empire Z2. I really was likin the spires larger capacity than the z2 and its easier to clean. But the Z2 is a liitle more proven being around bit longer and I am also a fan of magnetic lids (don't like speed feeds) and like that the Z2 has the rip drive anti jam programming AND the forward/reverse buttons. For me the Z2 seemed more suited to my preferences though I don't think you can go wrong either way. Mostly for me though in came down to being $30 cheaper for the Z2. I got mine new for $130 on sale compared to the $160 sale price of the Spire.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#5 Taylor519

Taylor519

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:28 PM

I just was debating on both myself I opted for the Empire Z2. I really was likin the spires larger capacity than the z2 and its easier to clean. But the Z2 is a liitle more proven being around bit longer and I am also a fan of magnetic lids (don't like speed feeds) and like that the Z2 has the rip drive anti jam programming AND the forward/reverse buttons. For me the Z2 seemed more suited to my preferences though I don't think you can go wrong either way. Mostly for me though in came down to being $30 cheaper for the Z2. I got mine new for $130 on sale compared to the $160 sale price of the Spire.

did you get yours at flagswipe?

#6 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Spire.

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#7 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:29 PM

I really enjoy the Z2, haven't used the Spire. I do like the different color options on the Spire, and when it comes to super loaders, things like that become more relevant. Get whichever one you think looks better, you'll be happy with either of them.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#8 PB4fuun

PB4fuun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

I would have to say the spire. The spire is probably an overall better hopper, it's solid, very low profile but can yet hold a great amount of paintballs. Since your using it for woodsball the spire also has a feature that allows you to turn off the LED so it won't give you away if your trying to be stealthy. It also has a feature that stops it from making a sound when you turn it on. It has never jammed on me and is very reliable and can keep up with any marker out there (discluding the few people who modified their gun to shoot 60+bps). So overall I would have to go with the spire. :)

#9 PB4fuun

PB4fuun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:53 PM

But they're both great hoppers and it pretty much depends on personal preference.

#10 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

They're both great hoppers but the z2 is more proven I have one nd love it get that it's cheaper too
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#11 TheGreat

TheGreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I'd go with the Z2. I have the Spire and the tilting thing is annoying. The Z2 is is more consistent and as stated above, proven to work well. Z2 all the way my friend :tup:

#12 southern boy

southern boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

i have owned the z2 and the spire and i would talk a z2 over a spire any day there are many things wrong with the spire that need to be fixed and the z2 is perfect from loading capabilities dosent beep ever and has digicam for u woodsballers or a pinokio since it holds the most amount of paint out there and is only 90 bucks and its amazing for the price

Edited by southern boy, 31 December 2012 - 11:58 PM.

#13 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

I haven't tried either but I would get the spire and make sure the packaging stays in good shape if you don't like it then sell it used and buy a z2

#14 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

The only two things I absolutely hate about my Z2 are; full dis-assembly and the fact that it when tilted down a great degree the paint won't roll back to be fed properly all the time.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#15 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Ive tried the Spire a few times and while it is a good loader I found a couple things distracting and kind of irritating about it. The LED is really bright...its good for indicating whether it is on or off but distracting during a game. The feature to turn off the LED is nice but it would also be nice to be able to dim it a bit. I didnt like how it pulsed and the sound of the motor is irritating. I know Im knit picking and Im sure that if I used one for awhile I wouldnt even notice those issues. I wont be trading in my Z2 for a Spire any time soon though. But if I needed a new loader and wanted something different I would take a Spire over a Rotor any day.
-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#16 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Get the Z2 kettle, remember the spire had problems picking up the demon when we were testing it earlier this year, even with the settings altered.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users