• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

I have an invert too hopper and I have the 90$ to spend on a pinokio on ans gear..... Would it be a good idea to upgrade?

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

Sure it is, it will be a seriously nice capacity boost also.

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Or buy a used rotor.

Pinokios are great if you need the capacity, that is about it.

#4 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Im no means abusive on my gear by i find that the pinokio shell is just simply too brittle to compete against a modern loader. I would save for a spire or rotor.

Edited by XxJellyFilledxX, 29 December 2012 - 12:30 PM.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#5 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

Thank you.... I might just save a little more money for a new rotor

#6 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

I've played speedball with mine for almost a year without trouble, and pinokio will replace the shell if you break it.

If you do get a rotor, get it used, but make sure it's v3. No reason to get a new loader anyways unless its that important to you..

#7 250 cal pntball

250 cal pntball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

Not a big fan of the rotor if your a senario player the pinokio is GREAT but not for speedball I love the invert halo too for speedball!

I play anything.

My setup ~ Dangerous Power Revi with a Techt bolt, 68 4500 empire tank, Dye Rotor, Dye I4s with amber and mirror lense, valken redemption pants, Empire 2012 Contact Jersey, Nike Cleats

#8 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Not a big fan of the rotor if your a senario player the pinokio is GREAT but not for speedball I love the invert halo too for speedball!

Why is the pinokio not great for speedball?

#9 Nokified

Nokified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

It's a bigger profile compared to the spire rotor z2.
Don't you have to pay for shipping after 90? Also try to find if you need other gears because you already have a working loader anyways

Edited by Nokified, 29 December 2012 - 04:00 PM.

#10 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

I play mostly scenario and speedball once or twice a month

#11 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:54 PM

Don't you have to pay for shipping after 90? Also try to find if you need other gears because you already have a working loader anyways

Sounds like you have never really used a pinokio before... I have not noticed a difference in the amount of hopper hits that I got with my pinokio in comparison to other loaders I have used.. I even used to play snake with a pinokio, and the extra capacity is great. Personally, I'd just get a used one on the bst for around $70 shipped.

#12 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

Yeah and I don't really need the best airball loader because like I said I only play airball once or twice a month but play mostly scenario so I want a loader that's best for scenario

Edited by pb28188, 29 December 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#13 Nokified

Nokified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Sounds like you have never really used a pinokio before... I have not noticed a difference in the amount of hopper hits that I got with my pinokio in comparison to other loaders I have used.. I even used to play snake with a pinokio, and the extra capacity is great. Personally, I'd just get a used one on the bst for around $70 shipped.

I like my pinokios too, not saying anything bad about it. I even have a smoke and a black. If you put the loaders side by side you'll notice the difference. But I guess if it works for you great, I'm pointing out the difference. The biggest gripe about the pumpkins is they take more work to disassemble to clean. They say you can spray the inside with water to clean it but I've never tried.
If you want a cheap awesome loader go with pumpkins. They're 90$ it's a shame it doesn't come in other colors like camo or white etc

Edited by Nokified, 29 December 2012 - 10:39 PM.

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yeah and I don't really need the best airball loader because like I said I only play airball once or twice a month but play mostly scenario so I want a loader that's best for scenario

Get a Pinokio then. It can take hits but be aware that diving into bunkers and smashing into the wooden plank might crack the shell.

Edited by kingJurzy, 29 December 2012 - 11:11 PM.

#15 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:54 AM

even if you don't play a lot of airball i would still get the rotor because i have a pinokio and im getting kind of tired of it i would really prefer a tool-less disassembly

#16 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

used rotor. got mine for $80 used. no problems or cosmetic flaws

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#17 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

I also have an exalt speedfeed and pinokios fit halo speeds feeds so that would save 20$ but thank you

#18 250 cal pntball

250 cal pntball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

Why is the pinokio not great for speedball?

this is because its a little bulky and brittle but senarios the high cap is great

I play anything.

My setup ~ Dangerous Power Revi with a Techt bolt, 68 4500 empire tank, Dye Rotor, Dye I4s with amber and mirror lense, valken redemption pants, Empire 2012 Contact Jersey, Nike Cleats

#19 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Curious here... when you talk about extra capacity being a positive, does it matter THAT much? I mean obviously it matters when you start the match and you fill it to capacity. But aren't you from there on going to just be at the mercy of the capacity of a pod? I mean do you get larger/smaller pods that match the capacity of your hopper or what?

#20 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Some people don't like having to drain the full rotor/z2/spire before being able to dump a pod in without spilling shit everywhere. The pinokio makes it easy to not lose any paint from an over fill.

#21 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

quote name='dustyshouri' timestamp='1357695599' post='3129787']
Curious here... when you talk about extra capacity being a positive, does it matter THAT much? I mean obviously it matters when you start the match and you fill it to capacity. But aren't you from there on going to just be at the mercy of the capacity of a pod? I mean do you get larger/smaller pods that match the capacity of your hopper or what?
[/quote]

Some people just put in pod after pod to fill up the hopper in a down time in the match. Others do just fill it up at the beginning and just run a pod through as soon as it starts to get empty.

#22 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

If you have 90 dollars and want a used loader with a good capacity, get an Empire Prophecy V2, not the Z2, and put the large nose on it so it holds two full pods.

#23 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Pinokio is a tank deff worth the $90 dollars. little loud when spinning, but idc that much

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#24 Nokified

Nokified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

You can shoot way more than average rounds without reloading. What is there not to like? Sure you'll still have to reload from time to time but you'll have an advantage over others.

Say in a woods all game, you and your opponents are trading. You can outlast him without worrying about reload because you have 1/3 more capacity than him.

Of course you can just shoot and load a pod at the same time but it's not the same as just concentrating on your target

#25 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:53 AM

Im no means abusive on my gear by i find that the pinokio shell is just simply too brittle to compete against a modern loader. I would save for a spire or rotor.

^This, minus the rotor. If anything I would say Spire or Prophecy.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#26 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Pinokio is a tank deff worth the $90 dollars. little loud when spinning, but idc that much

It is not loud at all! The Rotor is much louder IMO
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users