• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 drs386

drs386

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hey guys, I searched this entire forum and nobody has had my problem yet. Just got 2 phenoms for 2 family members. At first neither were working, one was leaking out of the trigger frame and cyclone wasn't turning, but I managed to fix that (somehow I took the gun apart and put it back together and now it works, which scares me into thinking it will just break again).

Now the other gun is leaking out the trigger, and is shooting fine. However, the cyclone will not move. It tries to, and I have taken it apart, lubed it, even switched it with an A-5 cyclone, and it still won't cycle. It acts like it wants to and I can see it starting to get some power, it just doesn't do it all the way. When I pull the trigger back on the gun that works, I can hear a crisp sound of the air going back into the solenoid. (At least that's what I think it is). On the broken phenom, when i pull the trigger and release it makes a loud refilling sound that takes about half a second.

Here's where it gets dumb; I field stripped it and greased up the part of the gun where the cyclone hosing plugs in, checked the o-rings and everything is fine; when I put it back together it didn't work at all. It is now shooting a few shots, but then seeming to go into a half pressure mode where it doesn't want to fire but I can hear the battery working. It almost seems as if that stupid pin in that brass thing isn't hitting the hammer back and I have taken that out and tightened it and greased it like everybody else says with no success. Now after a few shots it is shooting out snowballs.

A few things you should know:
1) I'm using C02
2) The phenom can use C02 as advertised because the working phenom is fine with it, the broken one does the same thing with a remote coil and the gun is not being aimed down or anythin.
3) My SP1 runs C02 plugged straight in and nothing bad has ever happened to it since i've had it
4) The working Phenom with C02 plugged in doesn't get cold (only the ASA does) On the broken phenom, the barrel freezes up after only a few shots. There's something missing that was fine since the last time I took it apart and I made sure no parts were missing.

It's really frustrating to know that a brand new gun has so many problems and that I can take it apart and have half of it work, then field strip it, put it back on and have the entire thing not work again. If ANYBODY can help me i'd be so happy. I called Tippmann and nobody can help me until Wednesday over the phone, and I've already called Tippmann Parts and they couldn't help me either. I'm trying to play by Saturday (the 5th).

Thank you and please let me know !

- Daniel

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,151 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Sounds similar to this guy's problem:

In his case, Tippmann had to send a new part that wasn't restricting the air to the Cyclone. If you're willing, you could probably take a small drill bit and attempt to widen the hole on that part and see if that helps.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 29 December 2012 - 08:05 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

There are a few issues that could be going on here.

widening the hole in the cyclone fitting that goes into the valve body with a small drill bit will probably fix the problem. For the leak around the trigger frame, check the orings on the valve plug. If you have any more trouble after that, post back up in here and I'll give you a hand.

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#4 drs386

drs386

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

I called Tippmann and they offered to send me a new part for free, so I will probably drill into this one seeing as I want to play tomorrow, hopefully this fixes the problem i'll post back here when I do it! Thank you

Also, the leaking around the trigger frame hasn't gone away, but it wasn't doing it before. I tightened the brass plug and greased that pin and did everything but nothing seems to work. I've even switched grips, brass plugs, and pins between 2 different phenoms and the same exact one leaks and the other marker is fine.

#5 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

When you say "the exact same one leaks", do you mean the exact same gripframe or the exact same body?

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#6 drs386

drs386

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

When you say "the exact same one leaks", do you mean the exact same gripframe or the exact same body?

I meant the exact same body

Okay: New part came in from Tippmann (finally) and it worked, the cyclone moves. I didn't hear the leak and I don't know why, but that's okay. I shot maybe 50 balls out of it and it chopped quite a bit, and the cyclone didn't seem to be landing in the same place each time it spun but that might be a cyclone problem needing to be tightened.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users