• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

So my teammate has two axes, one relatively new black one and one silver that has 14 cases through it. I played a game with the broken in one and it shoots really quiet and smooth. It is almost as smooth as my drone which only has 2 cases through it. Should i trade my drone for an axe and if so should he add because he was offering a straight trade or $300. My two concerns for the drone are the trigger (which i will upgrade), and the psp mode. I kinda want to have two markers so maybe i could trade him a iPod touch, PSP, a5, 48 3000 tank, and bunch of other stuff for an axe?? Which would be better for tournament play? I mostly play semi for young gun tournaments and recball allows ramping at my field.

Edited by marceldacs, 30 December 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Get whatever gun you like more, I don't think you should be ramping in recball though, but that's just me. And the psp mode isn't that big of a deal, it isn't gonna make you loose a game...

#3 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Get whatever gun you like more, I don't think you should be ramping in recball though, but that's just me. And the psp mode isn't that big of a deal, it isn't gonna make you loose a game...

k thx. Mikes vid was worrying me and giving me buyers remorse.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

If you like the ergonomics of the Axe I would say go for it, but its all about what you like.

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:45 PM

That's the thing too, Mac Dev should be replacing those boards not let that issue continue any further
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:49 PM

You got to have a replacement to be replacing with. MacD is at the mercy of the board maker.

#7 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

I don't blame Macdev for putting board modes as an afterthought. Being an Australian company and selling a lot in NZ and Australia, where semi only boards are required, That being said, they should come out with a software update or something.
As for your original question, I like axes except for the ergonomics, everything else about them I love. If you like the ergos and it gets better efficiency, has a better trigger than your drone, and the timeout on the psp mode, I say go for it. mike also make a great video on tuning your axe.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#8 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Oh serious Mac Dev out source s the production of the board? The boards are like $80 a pop it should be flawless or damn close
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#9 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

I still like everything on the drone better except the trigger and psp mode. The trigger problem can be dismissed because I am getting an after market trigger. How big of a deal is the psp mode problem? Is it hat bad considering instead of one trigger pull for a three round burst you only need two trigger pulls for four shots? What do you guys think?

#10 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

It's one of mikes personal pet peeves, as I already said, the stupid psp mode isn't gonna make you loose a game. It's not big deal, and shouldn't stop you from buying/using a gun.

#11 Pbmcdev

Pbmcdev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

I still like everything on the drone better except the trigger and psp mode. The trigger problem can be dismissed because I am getting an after market trigger. How big of a deal is the psp mode problem? Is it hat bad considering instead of one trigger pull for a three round burst you only need two trigger pulls for four shots? What do you guys think?

the critcal trigger for the drone is amazing i have it

#12 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Yup gonna get one i am so excited. What does the package come with? Glue, trigger, and magnet?

#13 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

Yup gonna get one i am so excited. What does the package come with? Glue, trigger, and magnet?

yup a magnet, the trigger itself and a tube of crazy glue

#14 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:10 AM

i would get the axe because i like getting different stuff if you can get him to add then that's only a plus

#15 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:42 PM

I say stick to the drone.If psp mode is your only problem with it,then that must be a pretty damn good gun.And looks are important to me when I am buying a gun.So,I say go with the drone.No sense in replacing what works.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Also MacDev is going to be offering an upgraded solenoid for the Drone, don't know if it will be a free or paid upgrade though.

#17 Pbmcdev

Pbmcdev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

It comes with the magnet and crazy glue. When I installed it I had to use hot glue because the crazy glue he gave was shit. Other than that its good

#18 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

srry for bringing this thread back up but new stuff has come up.

I now have two options

1. trade my drone for a black axe with 4 cases through it and not upgrades. It has the optimus board

2. trade my drone+$100 for a silver axe with 14 cases and the shockwave board and cp feed neck.

Will empire give me a free shockwave board if i get the used black axe. WIll they still send it for free even though i am not the original owner?

#19 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

can someone help me out here please?

#20 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Well an axe should add if anything, and I doubt empire will give you a free board.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users