• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 italian Stallion

italian Stallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

So the next logical step is some clothes made for paintball and I have some money from the holidays and I'll be getting back to work in the Spring/ late winter. So what order should I buy pads in and what pads would you recommend? Danke.
As for the screen name, its a long story.

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

In my opinion, knee pads and slider shorts first, in that order. Knee pads because those will easily see the most use, and slider shorts because:

You ALWAYS protect the McNuggets.

#3 southern boy

southern boy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

hahahaha!

#4 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

i bought elbow pads first, then knee pads, those are the only pads i wear. not to concerned about getting blasted in the jewels.

Edited by LUXOR54, 30 December 2012 - 01:05 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#5 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

I dont wear padded slide shorts, just knee and elbow pads, thats what takes the brunt of your dives and slides

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#6 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

In my personal opinion it's what you play I am a woodsballer so slider shorts were first then elbow/forearm pads and honestly at the fields I play at its mostly standing and very little kneeling so knee pads aren't important.

Look at what is feeling sore the most after you play, if you find your knees are bruised/sore after the day go got a pair of knee pads, your arms and elbows bruised grab those, I found slider shorts just overall nice since my pants are lacking in protection in that area (not just the jewels but all around) but my knees have a good amount of protection so I found knee pads not necessary
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#7 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

i bought elbow pads first, then knee pads, those are the only pads i wear. not to concerned about getting blasted in the jewels.

I hope you buy some jewel protection, had a rental hit me in the nut from 50yd away with my slider sorts and some bdu and it was not great. Then the ref told me to wipe and play on, maybe because i was swab tagging
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#8 italian Stallion

italian Stallion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

In my personal opinion it's what you play I am a woodsballer so slider shorts were first then elbow/forearm pads and honestly at the fields I play at its mostly standing and very little kneeling so knee pads aren't important.

Look at what is feeling sore the most after you play, if you find your knees are bruised/sore after the day go got a pair of knee pads, your arms and elbows bruised grab those, I found slider shorts just overall nice since my pants are lacking in protection in that area (not just the jewels but all around) but my knees have a good amount of protection so I found knee pads not necessary

Well I usually get tagged while on the run when I'm playing woodsball because I'm usually running around like an idiot, and the last time I played it was a whole day of woodsball, and I had welts everywhere (was at a field where blaze is the only option, and that shit gets you bad when it bounces sometimes.) but the especially bad blood leaking ones were all over my legs. Maybe pants? dont have pants yet. that kinda seems like a good idea now but I'm about to purchase a new pack, so im only gunna have like 55 to spend on whatever the first set of pads I get.
As for the screen name, its a long story.

#9 Nokified

Nokified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Knee pads. Just use a regular short to substitute for now. It's winter anyways

#10 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Slider shorts gotta protect the junkk than knee bk im on my knees more than my elbows
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#11 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

Well I usually get tagged while on the run when I'm playing woodsball because I'm usually running around like an idiot, and the last time I played it was a whole day of woodsball, and I had welts everywhere (was at a field where blaze is the only option, and that shit gets you bad when it bounces sometimes.) but the especially bad blood leaking ones were all over my legs. Maybe pants? dont have pants yet. that kinda seems like a good idea now but I'm about to purchase a new pack, so im only gunna have like 55 to spend on whatever the first set of pads I get.

If you don't have paintball pants yet those are a yes I used to think sweats would be fine for the longest time now I can't imagine playing without my paintball pants they protection and breathability is amazing it's like a night and day. I personally didn't think much of paintball pants until I got them now I would recommend them before a jersey. After that depending on the pants you got you may only need knee pads or you may only need slider shorts or you may need both DONT CHEAP OUT ON PANTS THOUGH buying a whatever pay because you'll save $20 is a waste of time the padding will be terrible or non existent and you'll be spending around $70 on slider shorts and knee pads anyway http://www.ansgear.c...ants_s/2326.htm you might find your size here if not check the rest of empire they have a great selection of pants for anywhere from 60-100+ but if you are willing to spend $100+ on pants get these http://empirepaintba...paintball-pants those with a pair of slider shorts give amazing protection and comfort from what I've seen people love JT pants so those are my recommendations for paintball pants for low and high budgets
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#12 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Be a little thrifty. You can get away with no paintball specific slider sorts, and knee pads.

Volleyball knee pads $15-$20
Baseball sliders $40
Then your choice of paintball elbow pads.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#13 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Slider shorts gotta protect the junkk than knee bk im on my knees more than my elbows

Ohhhh thats how it is....

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

Be a little thrifty. You can get away with no paintball specific slider sorts, and knee pads.

Baseball sliders $40

Paintball slide shorts are about $50 and are much more functional for paintball.

#15 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Depends. Do you have nice padded pants?

If so
Arm Pads
Knee Pads
Sliders

If not
Knee pads
Arm Pads (Only if you superman dive alot) Otherwise go sliders before arms.
Sliders

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#16 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Baseball sliders $40

Paintball slide shorts are about $50 and are much more functional for paintball.

The baseball ones I use work just as well.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#17 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Baseball sliders $40

The baseball ones I use work just as well.

I seriously need someone to link me to a nice pair of baseball of football slide shorts that have foam padding. I have been looking EVERYWHERE and I cant fin them for the life of me.

#18 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I would say Knee pads (just get cheap volleyball pads) arm pads and then maybe padded slider shorts.

#19 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Dye elbow pads would be my first pick (and they were) kinda just personal preference on whether you wanna protect your elbows from a dive or your knee's from a slide?
109.gif

#20 Forrest

Forrest

It's gonna be a bloodbath!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'd say to try to buy Knee and Elbow pads at the same time.
I'd recommend the Dye Core Elbow and Knee pads, and the Planet Eclipse Overload Elbow pads.
I don't use Slider Shorts and I don't think you really need them, but to everyone their own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users