• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DJ GANDHI

DJ GANDHI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

I am getting a cheap pump for rental days as i dont want to shoot my electro or my E-cocker, so i have used the traccer but not the SL-68ii, a friend of mine who is a Tippmann sponsord player said the SL-68ii is more sturdy and feels stonger in the hands, however i like how the traccer you can change your barrels on it, but i dont like how plasticy and flimsy it feels, also changing the velocity is abit awkward, compared to the SL-68ii.

what are your thoughts ?? And what would you buy ?? :D

thanks for your time.

Eddy.

Edited by DJ GANDHI, 30 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#2 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Have both myself. Far prefer the SL68-II as it is much more robust smaller and has no bolt wear issues. And as you mentioned the velocity adj is far easier.

Only things I like bout the Trracer is the barrel is cocker threaded allowing you to under bore to prevent roll outs AND it seems to be a tad more efficient on air. Maybe get 20 more shots outa my 13 ci 3000 psi tank.

But that said. The good old tape modded barrel detent works just fine on the Tippmann and does not seam to affect accuracy in any way. I Love my Tippmann it shoots great is even easier than the Trracer to maintain and I can count on it working every time.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#3 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Yeah I really enjoy my sl-68 II, I got it on sale for $90 and its well worth it. Pump stroke feels pretty normal for a nelson and the ergos are great.

#4 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

I say trracer+ bottomline kit.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#5 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Neither, my vote goes for a trilogy, the only downside is that it has no autotrigger like the other two do, but you said it would be used for rental days so it doesn't matter.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#6 Yankee Paintball

Yankee Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

Put a pump kit on the cocker. It should be cheaper then either gun.
Connecticut's woodsball field! Bookmark www.yankeepaintball.com Closed for the winter, reopening April 7th, 2012.
Authorized Dealer for CCI, Tippmann, Planet Eclipse, Tiberius Arms, and DYE . Distributor for Valken, KEE,APP and Procaps.
Need Yankee Paintball info fast? Email.

"That blew so hard all my old Nintendo games started working again."~Dstyles75

#7 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Id stay away from the Empire Trracer due to the one fact of the bolt wearing out after a case of paint in my personal experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users