• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Xfactor

Xfactor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

What ever happened to the alien invasion, it looked great on paper, but nobody shoots it.

#2 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

tons of people shoot it. I have one, and I know a few people who shoot alien religiously.

problem is, Jack Rice, over at Alien is a bit of a hard head when it comes to defending his products till the day he dies and there's a lot of people who bag on him. for his business and personal practices.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

Ace's Feedback Ace's Mod App

#3 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

^^ pretty much in a nut shell. Word on the street is there will be a 2013 independence. And he is making a spool gun.

#4 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

i refuse to support Alien solely because of jack rice.... the way he handles himself on the forum isnt acceptable in my book... he may make a good gun, but the guy is a douche when interacting with people on here that question his claims or have proven him wrong.... because of his actions he is one of the few companies i will never support, zodiak and machine paintball are 2 others because of their owners and how they interacted with each other on the forums...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#5 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

I shoot an Invasion and love it!

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,873 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'm sure they're fine guns, but c'mon... at least try and make the body match up with the frame when you design a gun.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#7 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:56 PM

as a $650 gun, it often gets overlooked as a mid-end and the fact that alien is a smaller company both add to why you don't see to many of them.

#8 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

I hear they shoots nice. They look like the a block of crap though.
I like the alien panel grips though ;)

#9 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

My teammate had one, pretty nice guns..

#10 lukylovespaintballin

lukylovespaintballin

Turtleloverofthemaxofthemostextreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:01 AM

they arent that popular since most stores dont sell them, and since they arent popular, other stores dont sell them and the cycle continues...

My link for my guns

MY FEEDBACK 5/0/0

Nothing some beatings tear gas and hard labour will fix

#11 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

i refuse to support Alien solely because of jack rice.... the way he handles himself on the forum isnt acceptable in my book... he may make a good gun, but the guy is a douche when interacting with people on here that question his claims or have proven him wrong.... because of his actions he is one of the few companies i will never support, zodiak and machine paintball are 2 others because of their owners and how they interacted with each other on the forums...

Respect is a two way street.

I will fucking cut you AceComets, I will cut you like....paper with......scissors?

#12 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

i agree with you... but if someone is attacking your findings or your company or what not, then the best response is a tactful and respectful response... no sense in sinking to teh attackers level in public... save that for the private messages and such... thats why i wont support companies like alien, i have no respect for their owners based on how they interact with their porential buyers/users on public forums like this one...

respect isnt given, its earned
Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#13 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

When did all this happen? I'm curious to see what they've said. I've heard a little about how Jack Rice handles himself, but not about the others.

#14 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:27 PM

i agree with you... but if someone is attacking your findings or your company or what not, then the best response is a tactful and respectful response... no sense in sinking to teh attackers level in public... save that for the private messages and such... thats why i wont support companies like alien, i have no respect for their owners based on how they interact with their porential buyers/users on public forums like this one...

Do you blame him when what makes his guns unique is turned into a meme where %40 of the forum is being disrespectful children? I agree, earn respect and earn customers and yeah he's a little bit.......hardheaded....but at the same time the forum as a whole isn't innocent.

#15 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

Do you blame him when what makes his guns unique is turned into a meme where %40 of the forum is being disrespectful children? I agree, earn respect and earn customers and yeah he's a little bit.......hardheaded....but at the same time the forum as a whole isn't innocent.

i am not claiming the forum to be innocent... there are plenty people here i see act in ways that i dont approve of or respect... i am jsut more vocal about it when its a person in the industry, and not just a player... and i dont see this meme you are talking about, if a person has a rep there is a reason for it...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#16 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

The product makes the first purchase, the customer service makes the repeat purchase.

What I tell myself. Sure, the product is great, but like some have said, I'm not going to just comeback for the product if the company isn't respectful about it.

The Invasion I had was very very nice. I was incredibly impressed with it for the price.

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#17 paintballer4ever

paintballer4ever

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,166 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I won't support them, especially after what happened with some of buddies over at Seattle Thunder.

#18 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

I won't support them, especially after what happened with some of buddies over at Seattle Thunder.

In another thread Jack himself said that Seattle Thunder never shot them at any event. I've heard this rumor before though - what's the real background on what happened there?
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#19 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

In another thread Jack himself said that Seattle Thunder never shot them at any event. I've heard this rumor before though - what's the real background on what happened there?

That's between Jack Rice and Seattle Thunder. A 50,000 person forum doesn't need to have access to it.

#20 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

this is turning into another fuck jack rice thread.
:dodgy:

#21 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

to put it quite simply.... and to not derail this thread even further....

alien guns are fine, they work, they have nice features... but i personally cant support the company based on what i've seen and heard about the owner.... my opinion means nothing in the grand scheme of things, and yes, i've shot an independence, i didnt really like it... i know some people that are die hard alien fans and would lick the scum off jack's boots just so he would talk to them... so i've had a chance to heard more about alien then i would like to...

my opionin is my own... i dont force it on others.. since this thread was about alien, i talked about why i didnt like the company... if the thread had been about another company i dont choose to support, i would have talked about why in there....

dont make this a "fuck jack rice" thread, otherwise i will shut it down... if you can express your opinion in a intelligent manner please do so, if not, shut the hell up and move on
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#22 Jack Rice

Jack Rice

President, Alien Paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

that question his claims or have proven him wrong

See that's the problem.
What I have said is that no one has "reasonably" proven me wrong.
Everyone said make a video - so I did.
Then some said well yo can't see enough of the gun - or it wasn't enough balls shot. Make another video - so I did.
IMO anyone reasonably looking at the videos - says - OK the shot is better.
It's a paintball - filled with liquid - there is a limit on how much spin can be put into the ball.
If you look at the 150 foot shot you will see the circle goes from about 36 inches to about 24 inches - doing the math that's 6 inches each way.
So a guy picks up the gun and shoot something 100 fee away - just rips off a string - and says I can't tell a difference.
Not being about to tell a difference - isn't "no difference"

Trouble is that I said a 36 inch pattern is 50% bigger than a 24 inch pattern. Let's do the math ;-) Half of 24 is 12
12 + 24 so by that definition other guns are 50% less accurate.
Well some players went nuts - it was like a was drowning kittens in my back yard.
Now I could have said Alien's are twice as accurate - by different way of doing the math.
Volume of a circle is the radius squared, times pi -- and pi being a constant, drop it.
12 x 12 = 144
18 x 18 = 324
So by that logic the sweep is way over twice as accurate.
But... holding the gun, you can't tell 6 inches on each side at 150 feet. So all of a sudden I'm "proven" to be a liar.
Truth be told - I showed what was happening in two videos - said nothing more than what is.

To get an even better shot you have to do what First Strike did. Cut the amount of paint down by 2/3's??? and impart huge spin.
Great! Much better shot - maybe 25 times more accurate. And 25 times the cost.
Sweep doesn't add to the cost and if you play with one awhile you will notice the difference.
Now what I say is "Spray and pray is OK" Just give your prayer the best chance to get answered.

Edited by Jack Rice, 17 January 2013 - 10:04 PM.

The most thoughtfully made guns - not the most expensive!

#23 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Posted Image
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#24 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Here it comes.

#25 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Posted Image

Same here. :lol:

#26 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

so can i tilt the gun and it will shoot arund bunkers like an apex?? if so and its turney legal im getting one
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#27 Jack Rice

Jack Rice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

so can i tilt the gun and it will shoot around bunkers like an apex?? if so and its turney legal im getting one

Again, this is where the problems are, others making claims (or at least assumptions) for the gun that were not stated.
By imparting some spin on the ball - giving it an inherent rotation - it has a slight gyroscopic effect.
To repeat myself...yet again...
A knuckleball has no rotation so it picks up a rotation while in flight. That make it's trajectory more erratic.
We are throwing fastball - tighter flight - not curve balls.
It works, videos show it and hundreds of players know.
How important is the difference is - that is a matter of opinion.

#28 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Tell it like it is jack!

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#29 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

yeah i have seen your vids.. great stuff.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#30 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hi Jack, firstoff I would like to say thank you for trying to devlop and further the gear and technology of paintball, you have done more than 95% of the paintball world has to further this sport. Anyways, would you mind posting the videos you made here so we can see them? I am no expert in how a paintball flies, or how exactly bolts effect said trajectory, is there a spread sheet, graph, video or picture that can slow down what the sweep bolt does, so we can better understand what exactly it does to the balls flight path. Just trying to sift through the dirt and find the golden nugget of factual scientifically supported truth that lies under the debate of the sweep bolt.

#31 Jack Rice

Jack Rice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

On phone- back on Tuesday -will post then - but they are all on you tube - search "sweep"

#32 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Ok, thanks, looking forward to see what you have to say.

#33 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

alien guns shoot great. my teammate has a 2011 indy. thing is fucking awesome to shoot

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#34 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Does it have a on off I am intrested but a on off is a must not doing the whole invert mini thing again

#35 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Does it have a on off I am intrested but a on off is a must not doing the whole invert mini thing again

No Asa is like the mini's.
Pretty sure it's not an on/off, but was very easy to unscrew while pressurized.

#36 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

to degas it you unscrew the tank like a half turn and then take one more shot then umscrew it the rest of the way. and I have an Invasion and I love it, shoots great. would definitely buy from Jack and Alien paintball again.

#37 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

to degas it you unscrew the tank like a half turn and then take one more shot then umscrew it the rest of the way. and I have an Invasion and I love it, shoots great. would definitely buy from Jack and Alien paintball again.

That's standard for a non-on/off.

#38 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

That's standard for a non-on/off.

yeah i know im just trying to help out :P haha

#39 SamBo

SamBo

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'm going to try to extreme overbore and shoot reballs to see if I can actually see the affects of the sweep bolt. Just a little experiment.

#40 Jack Rice

Jack Rice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

I had a team in Sweden that shot (reballs) and I had to send bolts without the insert because they said the sweep was too much so maybe you will see it. - after hearing from them I planned on doing it (video) haven't

Edited by Jack Rice, 21 January 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#41 AceComets

AceComets

Low-Ball Extraordinaire

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I might be picking up another invasion in the spring, hopefully straight from Alien themselves...gonna have to give them a call and see if they'll do a custom anno for me. cause I'm a twat ;) Posted Image

#42 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

God Dammit! I saw cockerpunk and started popping popcorn.

I am disapoint.
8/0/0

Are we doing Satan's work? Absolutely

Been scammed? PM a mod :)

#43 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

I like my angel :P Aliens are nice though no doubt about that...
109.gif

#44 Jack Rice

Jack Rice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

would you mind posting the videos you made here so we can see them?

I have sent standard bolts to others - most never do the tests - this one guy was kind of playing around - fake accent and setup was questionable -but you can see the gun shooting and see the results - I would skip to about two and a half minutes into the vid... but at 150 feet...

IMO these are the result anyone who gives it a full, fair test will get. I will add that paint is still very important. The sweep won't make bad paint shoot like good paint, but the more paint you shoot and more different paint you shoot the more you will see there is a difference. At 150 feet this guy got - say 3 feet higher, and I think the pattern is noticeably tighter. Maybe some would say at 150 the difference isn't enough to worry about because if that is the pattern at 150 feet then the pattern at 30 feet is increased ??? the width of the paintball??? but I still get to better is better.

Here is what we did:

and the original one

#45 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I liked my 09 alien independence, I'm just more of a spool valve person.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#46 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

i have shot an invasion and while i never tested the results i know when playing I thought i had an advantage so i played better winning must first start in your mind before it can happen on the field every bit helps, and while most moderators here have their views on alien that is their view and until you have actually shot an alien you really shouldn't relay another persons view. I will say this my alien shot great and needed no maintenance, If the opportunity arises i would take another one in a heart beat

#47 Jack Rice

Jack Rice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

I liked my 09 alien independence, I'm just more of a spool valve person.

Done a lot of work on Spools - To me I don't like how fat they are, how much maintenance they need, the less shots per bottle and most of all - if you do break a ball - they are almost impossible to clean. You would need maybe 5 clean double ended swabs to approach clean - otherwise you are just pulling paint through your breach and barrel.
You can shoot them clean - but it's not like shooting a clean gun. Almost as good - to me - isn't.
But I know that many do like them.

#48 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,668 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

I know when I had my luxe I could de-gass it, pull the guide up and run a swab through the entire breech of the marker in a matter of seconds, if I ever needed to do that, I never had to do that... However, I do see what you're saying. Spoolies have their plus sides and negatives, as does anything really. I just enjoy spoolies because they feel more streamline than stacked tube poppets and are usually quieter and just as if not more efficient than most poppets these days.

Spoolies are just more enjoyable to shoot imo, and that's what it comes down too for me personally.

If given the chance, I'd shoot another alien. I wasn't a fan of the invasion at all, but the Independence is a fantastic marker. I especially liked how the SL versions that came out. I just wish they weren't such a limited run.

Edited by SOUP, 22 January 2013 - 11:59 AM.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#49 Jack Rice

Jack Rice

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

i have shot an invasion and while i never tested the results i know when playing I thought i had an advantage so i played better winning must first start in your mind before it can happen on the field every bit helps, and while most moderators here have their views on alien that is their view and until you have actually shot an alien you really shouldn't relay another persons view. I will say this my alien shot great and needed no maintenance, If the opportunity arises i would take another one in a heart beat

Definition of MODERATOR
1: one who arbitrates...mediator: ...nonpartisan...who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion (note: the ... means I edited the full definition to show more of the meaning I wanted!)
Knowing the Mods view makes the thread less objective, but pretty sure they are volunteers - not paid - so it makes sense that they feel more free to straddle the line between moderator and "opinion...ist" Posted Image

Thanks for the nice post, always nice to hear players like shooting Alien guns.

#50 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Definition of MODERATOR
1: one who arbitrates...mediator: ...nonpartisan... who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion (note: the ... means I edited the full definition to show more of the meaning I wanted!)
Knowing the Mods view makes the thread less objective, but pretty sure they are volunteers - not paid - so it makes sense that they feel more free to straddle the line between moderator and "opinion...ist" Posted Image

Thanks for the nice post, always nice to hear players like shooting Alien guns.

no problem will alien be at extravaganza this year?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users