What is the best pump guns IYO. I dont know anything about them

#2 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Anything from CCM will be second to none, and Also check out the Bob Long MVP if your willing to spend the cash.

#3 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:56 PM

of the modern day pumps CCM is arguably the best there is out there. the pump that i use is a 2K5 superstock autococker that has a CCM deluxe pump kit, CCM bolt, and CCM locking feedneck, i got it all for 180$. http://i1073.photobu...07/photo-11.jpg
if you're just going to get "into" pump don't just buy the "best" or most expensive pump gun you can find. try to find someone that will let you use their pump gun for a few games to see if you actually like it. you could always look for a cheap old autococker someone put a pump kit on and use that, triliogys, prostocks, etc. maybe even a kaos pump.
besides that almost all pump guns are internally identical, so when looking at older cockers all you really need to look for is the "body" of the marker (just for looks), and the pump kit that is on it.
personally i would get an old cocker with a nice body upgrade the feedneck to clamping, slap a CCM deluxe kit on it, and you're golden.

Edited by LUXOR54, 30 December 2012 - 06:59 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#4 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

I would try pump out first. I bought an azodin KP then a CCM T2. Even though I didn't play much pump it was fun for recball.
I sold my T2 but now I'm looking to find a nice stock class cci phantom.

#5 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

in my opinion, the best pump is the one i made out of spare cocker parts and a nice pump kit... i've never really liked CCM stuff, i find it to be way over priced for what you get... my mini-orracle pump with eclipse internals and a sanches machine pump kit and grip frame i find to be smoother over all then a ccm pump, and it farts less.... farting is exactly like it sounds... when you pull the trigger to shoot a ball, the hammer drops,hits the valve, and that farting noise you hear is the hammer bouncing against the valve causing it to leak air... you can re-spring a CCM to get rid of the fart, but for a gun that price, it should come sprung right out of the box...

the best way to get into pump is to pick up a used cocker pump (also called a sniper) for between 150 and 200 ... if you dont like playing pump, you can get your money back easily...

if you find that you really like pump, the options are endless... you can buy a ready made factory pump, or build your own from cocker bodies and parts to fit your own look and style...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#6 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:09 AM

Start with an azodin kaos pump or possibly a trilogy. Don't worry about high end pump guns for now, just look for a good deal and try it out. pump is great you will have a lot of fun and it will improve your skills.

#7 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Well it looks like I will be getting kaos pump through a trade so im set

#8 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

Funny part is that ccms are probably best for pump noobs since they are ultra smooth, and you can lay down a lot paint for a pump
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#9 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Funny part is that ccms are probably best for pump noobs since they are ultra smooth, and you can lay down a lot paint for a pump

yet they cost 500+ dollars,which sucks cause I'm broke :(
And to the OP,I love my sniper,but the KP is an amazing first pump.It is very simple to use,and has a good pump stroke,all for under $200

#10 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

What can I say, after you shoot something like a ccm your world will never be the same
gnUDL.png

#11 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:01 AM

If I end up liking pump I will upgrade to a CCM.

#12 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

honestly people make WAY too much of a big deal about "getting into pump"

getting into pump, is like getting into "walking"

"Hey guys, I'm interested in trying out walking.... what do I need to do?"

Here is how you "get into pump"

1) find any gun that uses the pump mechanism
2) go play
3) decide if you want to spend more money on another marker with a better pump mechanism

Honestly, if you just want to try it, see if you can borrow someone's pump gun. There is a reason why 95% of all paintball players don't play with a pump gun, and you'll quickly learn this after about 30 seconds of being on the field. For 95% of paintball players, they'll decide it's not for them and go back to electric. For the other 5%, 4% will buy a pump gun they'll never use, 1% will buy a pump gun and sell their electric marker

I've shot nearly every pump from a Sterling to a Tippmann C3, CCM to MVP, with the exception of some very minor differences, it's all the same shit

clack-clack.... poof
clack-clack.... poof

http://www.ebay.com/...=item460773e2f9

^^ there ya go, $50, put a 20oz CO2 tank and a VL-200 on it... you're now a pump player!

#13 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

What about a Talon. o.0?!

Also. For me when I owned my pump(s) I never intended to become a pump snob, I would always go back to electric eventually. It's nice to have a pump marker in your Gear bag in case you want to play but don't have the cash on hand to buy a few cases of paint and only have enough for a bag or two.

It's also nice for new players that you go up against, a pump is a ton less intimidating then a Super pneumatic wall of death paint... It also gives you time to work on basic skills that do need brushed up on. I for one believe if any actual player is serious about "skills as a paintballer"( -_-;) they need to keep one around, even if it is some wore out Sniper in the back of their trunk that's been left back there for 6 months.

Edited by Panda Man, 31 December 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#14 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Good point mike, but yet we get the topics when it comes to what beginner marker to get? what starter electro to get? oh I'm paintball noob what do?

Honestly if someone wants to get into pump a phantom or used sniper
gnUDL.png

#15 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Eh, making the jump from electro to a Phantom/stock class can be intimidating for some players. Even switching from a mech to stock class can be scary. The best way to start playing pump is buy an open class pump at a price you're comfortable paying, play with it for a few weeks, and decide if you want to get fancy or not. If you don't like it, you can usually sell for close to what you paid, unless you were an uninformed consumer and paid too much.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#16 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:44 PM

the good thing about pump if they tend to hold their value int eh used market.... if you buy a sniper for 300 and decide you dont like playing pump, you can resell it for 300, because thats the market value...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#17 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:38 PM

the good thing about pump if they tend to hold their value int eh used market.... if you buy a sniper for 300 and decide you dont like playing pump, you can resell it for 300, because thats the market value...

Oh yea, if you bought a used ccm to try for $400, you can probably get it back if you don't like it
gnUDL.png

#18 Patar

Patar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

CCM are the top tier of the pump world, but as with most things... there's some sentimental value to putting together your own stuff. If you want to tinker with your gun and customize every little bit and have something that you cherish for reasons beyond it costing you a ton of money, buying an autococker and converting it to pump, or upgrading a pump autococker, is great.

You can equip it with CCM parts, or some parts from other companies that sometimes don't even make parts for these kinds of guns anymore.

all up to you. I started pump because of the budget issue. Buying a $600+ gun right off the bat didn't really follow that agenda.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users