14 replies to this topic

#1 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I finally got around to watching the ANS video of the eNEMY and just from that quick overview of it im pretty impressed.

Anybody else who cant wait for it to come out?

I'll prolly buy one with a CP 14in barrel and make it my loner for when i take my friends.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,148 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

Anything in particular you don't think you'd like about the stock barrel? Although it is pretty dang short.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

Anything in particular you don't think you'd like about the stock barrel? Although it is pretty dang short.

I just cant that short of a barrel really. Just my personal preference.

#4 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

It's already out dude, I just got mine today. The barrel length is definitely a personal thing, but I don't like having a barrel longer than 12" when I'm playing woods or "town" style fields where there are tight corners instead of a puffy airball bunker to maneuver.

Posted Image

I know Punishers still has black in stock. If you don't care about colors, get it now, they're going fast.

Edited by erg993, 31 December 2012 - 05:02 PM.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#5 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

It's already out dude, I just got mine today. The barrel length is definitely a personal thing, but I don't like having a barrel longer than 12" when I'm playing woods or "town" style fields where there are tight corners instead of a puffy airball bunker to maneuver.

Posted Image

I know Punishers still has black in stock. If you don't care about colors, get it now, they're going fast.

Let us know how it shoots/feels. I'm considering picking one up as a loaner
Check out my youtube channel!!!
Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#6 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the picture and info! Ive only really looked at it today and saw ans still only had the pre-order up. never thought of looking somewhere else. Thanks

#7 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Let us know how it shoots/feels. I'm considering picking one up as a loaner

I can pretty much already tell you how it is, having owned a Vibe, SP-1, and mechanical Ion. It essentially has the feel of an eNVy in terms of ergonomics, and it shoots pretty much just like a Vibe/eNVy, arguably a bit softer and quieter (I haven't shot them side-by-side, nor have I measured the sound lol) because of the second tail o-ring to seal off the dump chamber. It definitely still makes the same "plunk" sound when it shoots, but it's not as extreme because of the extra o-ring.

The weight of the trigger pull is adjustable as you probably know. I tried the heaviest, middle, and lightest spring tension settings, and I tried without any spring tension. I set mine to be on the second lightest spring setting. If you've shot a mechanical Ion, it can be as "heavy" of a pull, or lighter. It's much lighter than the pull for a 68 Automag or any sear tripper like a Spyder or a Tippmann. The trigger pull is VERY short; you don't have to worry about short-stroking it like on an Autococker.

The composite on the body isn't the same as the frame/breech sleeve/back cap, and it comes with a basic tray like SP markers used come in, minus the outer cardboard box. But it's also only $130, I didn't expect it to have a hard case like the other GoG markers. It comes with a few spare o-rings, a barrel condom, and a very simple maintenance/instruction pamphlet.
Spoiler

Basically, it's a slightly lighter eNVy (no battery) with a short, mechanical trigger.

This is definitely great for having for rec play or having a cheap, light, simple loaner to have sitting around for friends. Heck, if you're confident with your skill in airball, you could get away with using one of these (at least at a recreational level) because it is definitely on the faster side in terms of mechanical markers.

Edited by erg993, 31 December 2012 - 05:55 PM.

Feedback

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Ive had mine for 3 weeks now, and ive been loving it so far. Just last week everyone at the field wanted to shoot mine cause they dont know what it is and that most people have never heard of/shot a mechanical spool. Shoots awesome, and its operation is quiet as hell on the field. I havent chopped paint, and ive gone through 1 1/2cases so far with it. Two things I have a gripe on it is that the grips are made hard rubber, and the ribbed part hurts a bit to hold, but its not much if you wear gloves. Its also a little too quiet; I had to turn the settings on my halo up because sometimes it didnt hear the shot. The gun was -/+ 5 on the chrono for me, which was nicely consistant. I also love how the size is that of most spool valve markers, so there was no "personal break in" period for me, moving from an extcy to this. The trigger is nice and crisp. I have noticed however that it is entirely possible to short stroke it a bit when you apply a very small amount of pressure on the trigger. I recommend it to any beginner, for its price and quality.
Heres mine:
http://m.flickr.com/...x?id=8278242929

Edited by MangoPhett, 31 December 2012 - 09:39 PM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#9 !bob

!bob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

just wish it had cocker threads.
Posted Image

#10 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

just wish it had cocker threads.

This, a longer barrel, different feedneck, macroline, on/off asa, and more woodsball-friendly shell colors. Since it seems to need so many upgrades for my tastes, the mech ion starts looking like a cheaper and more attractive option.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#11 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Just throwin it out there, it comes in matte black, I don't think you'll find any better options for building an Ion. Also, the barrel is fine, especially for staying out of the way in woodsball, and the hose that comes on this is actually better than macroline. You're right about the feedneck, it's not the best, but for $130 I'm not complaining. An on/off ASA would be nice, but realistically, the eNMEy is the cheaper option.

Let's say you get an Ion for $70 that has a clamping feedneck and an on/off ASA. You're still gonna need the drop-in mech kit for $76, and a bolt-out-back body for $45. You just spent more on the Ion. Plus, the ASA will likely have a side-port for the macroline.

eNMEy w/ straight port ASA + two macroline fittings + macroline = $200ish
Ion + body kit + mech kit + Cocker threaded breech = $230ish + the cost of any other parts you want
Ion XE + mech kit + Cocker threaded breech = $200ish + the cost of any other parts you want

In my opinion, the eNMEy is the cheaper option, mostly because I wouldn't be buying extra parts for it like I would be for an Ion. It has a great regulator, I like the barrel length for woodsball, and I'm OK with the feedneck and ASA. Really, how often will be I be degassing it during the day? Once at the end of the day, maybe once more if there is a break for lunch. How often will I be messing with the feedneck? Once at the start of the day, once at the end. With the Ion, I'd be replacing any stock pieces (including the ASA because it easts threads, the eNMEy's ASA does not) other than the barrel.

I'm not trying to bag on you, I'm just trying to throw out some different options and perspectives for you. I like the simplicity of the eNMEy, but I've also owned a mech Ion, and I only sold it because I ran into a tight financial situation. I didn't build another because I wanted something cheap and ready to go right away this time around, and for me, the eNMEy was more than ready at $130. If you build an Ion, you'll probably end up spending more money, but you'll have something with more character and it will be a much better conversation piece.

Edited by erg993, 03 January 2013 - 09:44 PM.

Feedback

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Plus, its surprisingly easier to unscrew the tank on this gun, even without triflow, then with most non on off asa's. Like theres barely any force needed.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Just throwin it out there, it comes in matte black, I don't think you'll find any better options for building an Ion. Also, the barrel is fine, especially for staying out of the way in woodsball, and the hose that comes on this is actually better than macroline. You're right about the feedneck, it's not the best, but for $130 I'm not complaining. An on/off ASA would be nice, but realistically, the eNMEy is the cheaper option.

Let's say you get an Ion for $70 that has a clamping feedneck and an on/off ASA. You're still gonna need the drop-in mech kit for $76, and a bolt-out-back body for $45. You just spent more on the Ion. Plus, the ASA will likely have a side-port for the macroline.

eNMEy w/ straight port ASA + two macroline fittings + macroline = $200ish
Ion + body kit + mech kit + Cocker threaded breech = $230ish + the cost of any other parts you want
Ion XE + mech kit + Cocker threaded breech = $200ish + the cost of any other parts you want

In my opinion, the eNMEy is the cheaper option, mostly because I wouldn't be buying extra parts for it like I would be for an Ion. It has a great regulator, I like the barrel length for woodsball, and I'm OK with the feedneck and ASA. Really, how often will be I be degassing it during the day? Once at the end of the day, maybe once more if there is a break for lunch. How often will I be messing with the feedneck? Once at the start of the day, once at the end. With the Ion, I'd be replacing any stock pieces (including the ASA because it easts threads, the eNMEy's ASA does not) other than the barrel.

I'm not trying to bag on you, I'm just trying to throw out some different options and perspectives for you. I like the simplicity of the eNMEy, but I've also owned a mech Ion, and I only sold it because I ran into a tight financial situation. I didn't build another because I wanted something cheap and ready to go right away this time around, and for me, the eNMEy was more than ready at $130. If you build an Ion, you'll probably end up spending more money, but you'll have something with more character and it will be a much better conversation piece.

I think you've written a reasonable response that well covers the comparison. Personally, I don't like shorter barrels and especially don't like the eNVy-style shorter barrel. I also like an on/off ASA, and would want to replace that feedneck. None of this is to say I wouldn't buy the eNMEy when comparing to a mech ion, but the choice becomes harder when there are some major equipment features of the eNMEy/eNVy platform that I just don't like at all. I think your last line well covers it - do you spend less to get something you don't want or spend more to get a marker the way you want it? That almost seems like the unifying theme of most paintball purchases.

#14 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yup, it all comes down to what you want on your marker and how much you're willing to spend to get it that way. I think my biggest trend with talking about this marker, no matter where, is pointing out that the shorter barrel doesn't mean it will be less accurate. I think it's a total waste for people to buy a new barrel just because they think a 14" barrel will be more accurate than the stock barrel, so I really try to prevent that mistake lol. If you just want one, that's a lot different than buying one because you think it improves performance.

Feedback

#15 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Yup, it all comes down to what you want on your marker and how much you're willing to spend to get it that way. I think my biggest trend with talking about this marker, no matter where, is pointing out that the shorter barrel doesn't mean it will be less accurate. I think it's a total waste for people to buy a new barrel just because they think a 14" barrel will be more accurate than the stock barrel, so I really try to prevent that mistake lol. If you just want one, that's a lot different than buying one because you think it improves performance.

Oh no, I'd make no accuracy claims about it. However, the barrel length is about 9.5" and is ported for a good 3+ inches. This reduced control bore length will affect the efficiency and consistency of the marker making it less efficient and less consistent than when used with a properly ported barrel with longer control bore length. Between that and sighting down the barrel, those are my two main complaints about both the eNMEy and eNVy. I know a lot of members of the forum would question how much slight gains in efficiency and consistency are worth. For me personally, I want to be able to edge my marker as close to the field limit as possible (for local fields that play at 280 fps) and I do want a barrel that maximizes my efficiency. Honestly, the fact that GOG can't be bothered to sell the gun with a barrel that at least hits the minimum control bore length is incredibly disappointing. Then again, GOG also sells the insert-style freak kits that are way too short in control bore, too.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users