Photo

General Paintball Wear Advice (Jerseys, Pants, Pads, etc.)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Scirca

Scirca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

So, I'm going to finally buy actual paintball clothing, jerseys, pants, etc. Can somebody give any suggestions as to which brand is the best?
I'm looking for something that is very durable, yet cool (in the sense of temperature). I live in Miami, where temperatures are pretty high year round. If it helps, I usually play forward or snake.
I've been eyeing the 2013 Empire LTD THT Jerseys and Pants, Dye C13's, and the Planet Eclipse 2013 Jerseys and pants. Which one is better?

Also, I have a few questions:
  • What is the difference between long sleeve jerseys(such as C13 jerseys), and jerseys like these: (http://www.ansgear.c...rloadjersey.htm).
  • Do I need to buy elbow and knee pads if I buy the long sleeve jerseys and pants? Or will I be fine without them?
Now, about pod packs, I also need a pod pack, my NXE Pod pack is kind of falling apart, so any suggestions? (I have 4 pods of paint and usually will go through two at the most in a game, but it's nice to have all 4 just in case.

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

As far as the Empire pants go, get the 2012 LTD pants. They are the same thing just in different colors, cheaper, and they should still have the size you would need. I have the 2012 LTD ants and jersey and I wouldn't go with anything else.

#3 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'd look at Empire's Contact Zero gear. It's meant to be worn in warmer areas. I use an Empire React pack that was $30 or $40, and it's never let me down. I use Eclipse pads, and they're awesome. I would recommend pads, because not all jerseys and pants have tons of elbow and knee protection.
Posted Image

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Knee pads, elbow pads, slide shorts (optional), pants, jersey is usually the order I hear and it works pretty good. Honestly I would say just get the lightest cheapest jersey you can or wear a long sleeve tshirt unless you're on a team

#5 Scirca

Scirca

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

How are the HK Hardline Jerseys/Pants? Are the durable? They're pretty nice and look durable, but I'd like to know from someone who owns them

#6 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:52 PM

I own the dye c13s, if they are in your budget I would recommend them. They do breath very well, the entire section on the back of your leg from your knee down is some very breathable mesh.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#7 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

I wear a Hardline jersey (purple one exclusive to HK's website) and it's great.
Posted Image

#8 leonarddrake

leonarddrake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

I have use bolder paintball clothes knee pads, albow, paintball half finger gloves. It is very cheap and comfortable  and it works pretty good. 

Edited by leonarddrake, 05 August 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#9 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:11 AM

Eclipse knee pads are good. I didn't want to spend much on jersey and pants so cheap Valken fates and an old invert jersey work for me, but they have very little padding anywhere. If you have the cash, something with more padding for bounces may be better for you
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#10 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

I absolutely love my contact zeros from empire.  Pads fit perfectly under them and after two season of scenario and woodsball they are still holding up.  Pod packs are pretty much personal preference, I myself run with a 3+6 from valken.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Diaruptive Gen 2 Pants are awesome if you're looking for cool and breathable pants. Jersey wise I'd say avoid the contacts from empire. For me they were pretty hot. Hkjerseys are fairly cool, from what my brother says. They've held up well enough for him, and we live in Arizona, and he's managed. That being said, he only plays at indoor fields.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

I live on a sub-tropical island (Okinawa, Japan) so I can relate to the hot weather in Miami.

This is my personal preference for paintball gear:

Pads:  Dye - they are very durable, comfy, and worth every penny.  I've had the same pads (elbow, knee, slide shorts) for 3 years and they are still going strong

Pants:  You can't beat Empire for durability.  The Contact Zero pants are going to be your best best for well ventilated and durable pants.  PE pants tend to be on the heavier side and dont offer a lot of ventilation.

Jerseys:  Dye>JT>Empire (I really like how Dye jerseys fit.  JTs are pretty decent.  Cant stand the fit of Empire jerseys.  PE jerseys are going to be pretty heavy in comparison to the others)

Hope this helps!

-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users