17 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

So Im used to practicing and playing tournaments with other teams and so I communicate a lot. But every time I play recball with recballers and regulars, no one ever communicates. Most of our fields are close to airball field layouts, with snakes and cans and an x and such, but I just say simple stuff like "back left corner"
So whenever someone yells out a position, I always echoe it out of habit and to help out my team. My question is, in recball, do people find it annoying? Im not obnoxious about it, I mostly mirror it once, but I feel other recballers find it annoying or dont take me seriously because im only 15.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Well I never have that problem, because players are split up into experienced and Rookie. Obviously, I play experienced, so all the players there have at least a little bit of tournament experience. It is just the opposite at my field really, we all yell too much.....

Edited by A&MPBaller, 31 December 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

These guys are experienced, just most never played in tournaments or on a team. The guy I echoe always ends up being the tourtourny teammate of mine.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

I kinda like when other people make calls. Sometimes i feel like the only one who makes calls period

#5 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

well as my personal preference but i hate it when somebody starts calling out rediculous bunker names that a lot of other guys have never heard of, unless its like d1 or d2, which to me those are zones... what i dislike are when people start calling them other things that make no sense.... i mean if its one of your teams codes then keep it to your team...

#6 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

I'm a big talker on the field, its annoying when people communicate.. So I feel ya.

#7 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:22 AM

French fries?! We have a guy at french fries!?

#8 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,931 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:14 AM

People tend to not yell in recball, because it's not really a team mentality. It's recball, it's every man for himself, so you can't expect it to be like an actual team, or a tournament atmosphere.

#9 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

French fries?! We have a guy at french fries!?

Exactly... and i'm like :huh: :angry:

by all means tell me where they are that way when you get shot i'm not in no mans land with the intel lol

#10 Syrellaris

Syrellaris

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

People at my field yell, mostly when they hit someone. G1, G2, G3 etc. or O1, O2 etc when people on our team gets hit. We hardly yell bunker names or anything. We do however communicate when close by.

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

CHICKEN IN THE COOP

#12 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

Even when im playing with experienced palyers at my local field they tend not to yell out positions, me and my friend are the only 2 that do it pretty much. Drives me crazy.

But when you yell tag and charge someone they tend to give up fairly easily :D

#13 xSilent

xSilent

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Usually when i play recball with newbies, I use shapes and mirrors, and I help them calm down their game, look at them while I am talking to them, and tell them something like "you see that triangle bunker? The one next to the coke can looking one, yeah, shoot that, he's over there." or "he's at this bunker *point to a bunker on our side on the field* but on that side."

But since you say they are experienced, you might just need to deal with it for the game. Perhaps you can talk to them off field so they understand that you have to play as a team to win games.

Also, they really don't take you serious cause your 15? That's just strange to me cause as long as I am wearing paintball pants, and wearing a good mask, recballers tend to think I am a pro, (but I'm 18, and always bring my regular marker along with my pump to play recball) but that's a whole different conversation. They are probably just ageist older guys who think that if you are under 18, you aren't qualified enough to know what you are talking about.

Be calm with them, be understanding to their lack of knowledge/communication.

Play on.

DeGeo3~z2~NinjaPro68/45

RUTGERS PAINTBALL

#14 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

Though I've hardly played in tournaments or even on a team, I've gotten into the habit of shout first, shoot second.
Since I don't see a downside to doing so, I'm constantly calling out the other team's positions. Either my teammates will get smart and listen, or fail on their own accord.
It's up to them how they want to play this game. No skin off my nose.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#15 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

usually with recball, I try to focus on listening instead of barking orders

I do enough barking orders on the field, so I like being the guy that does what needs to be done in recball. When someone says "We need someone... to go over there... and do __________" I usually will volunteer

I always felt it earns a ton of respect at the field by the other players, when you are the one who is willing to step forward and get it done for the game.

It doesn't matter if they need me to sprint to the 50 and try to snatch the flag first, or go into the thick woods to hold off a push, or go down a trail, etc

In recball, for me, one of the biggest parts of playing recball is earning the respect of the players around you. When someone is attempting to "take charge" before the game starts, it certainly goes a long way in the eyes of your teammates and that person, when you volunteer to do something that is being asked.

I know everyone likes to be a chief, but there is nothing wrong with being an indian for a few games for the sake of competition

#16 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Yeah. I honestly just like helping walk ons. I grab a group of them to come where I go. Tell them to stay quiet. Teach them a little. I make a lot of friends that way. I just volunteer to do as much as possible.

#17 woodsballer414

woodsballer414

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

When we play walk on days around here most of us at least have played together before and we try to have good team work. What usually happens is theres either a guy at home or in a back can and whenever we yell out positions he'll yell all of them out. It's helpful in that A. The guy is usually in between us all so everybody can hear him and he can remind us where people are at and whose moving or eliminated. We also talk to each other if we're close. Like if I'm in D1 and there's a guy in there back right posted on me I'll tell my guy in the can to shoot that way so I can bump.
LoNgBalLeR......................................................................................................SPLAT!!!

#18 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I only call in recball (which is all the time) if I can confirm that a player is there.
I tell my teammates close to me, since it is woodsball and if I yell it out the enemy is gonna disappear in a heartbeat, and we all take different routes around.

During that process, we all communicate with close by members to of nearby enemies that were not seen before.

But most of the time we charge in and yell like maniacs and the people in the sidelines are shaking their head laughing in shame.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users