• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

I just bought a a empire mini and have a bad case of buyers remorse that hits me every time I see a used etek axe ego etc is this justified in any way or am I just stupid and discontent.
Thanks to the help,
Gnarlee

P.s I don't really know where this goes so I just put it here.

#2 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

doesn't matter the marker, the player is Everything. Hand a bunch of walk on's Luxe's and Egos then give a Division 3 Team Rentals... 9/10 the D3 team wins.

Practice with your Mini, take some time working with it. There might be something you can do with it you can't do with other markers.

#3 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

My proshop guy showed me a mini and was amazed how good it felt in the hands. Im seriously thinking about picking one up.

Not for nothing being a mini you could build a super-light setup and whip it around easier and faster than anyone else.

What color did you get?

#4 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Also remember the mini is super efficient. The one I had got around 9 pods off a 68/4500

#5 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Thanks, and does everyone else feel this way too

For some reason I can't shake this feeling

#6 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 11:51 PM

it happenes. I traded a macdev clone for a axe, a invert too and some cash and felt like i made a huge mistake. turned out the axe for me shot better than the clone did as far ergos went

#7 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

for sure it happens man, i've felt it many times, but never did with my axe or mini, unfortunately i don't have either because i've caught the retro gun bug again. best thing is to just try it out, a lot of times that feeling is just one of "well i have it, now what"

#8 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

I get buyers remorse all the time. It does suck and it makes you feel like you like crap. But after a while when u play with it, tune it, and have a feeling for it, it becomes like your child. Now this sounds ridiculous but its true. I had buyers remorse after buying my phantom, and now its my favorite piece of gear Ive ever owned.

#9 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

So you get buyer's remorse for getting something unscratched, with a warranty and in working condition. Hmmmm.

Remember that used comes with history and is not always a great deal.

#10 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

i've got sellers remorse... the only gun i truely miss and regret selling was a shcktech e-series SFL cocker..... i loved that gun
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#11 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Me too I miss my Timmy even though it leaked

#12 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I've had it before and it sucks.But you will get over it.Just don't think about the other guns,think about what setup you plan on running,how you will use it on the field,stratigies that you can use because your gun has something special,and the list goes on and on.

#13 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

I really miss my Ebolted 98 Custom, That thing shot lasers and was lighter then people think. I'm Eye balling the Crossover right now since it would be it's Evolved replacement.

#14 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

I think marker does matter.
Mainly the player though.

#15 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

2 players of equal skill pitted against each other, one with a high end electro, one with a low end electro... the outcome will not always be the one with the high end gun, but more often the not quality gear makes it easier to get that game ending shot...

but, if you pit an experienced pump player against an experienced tourny electro player, say sony lopes vs nicky cuba... both pros, but at the top of their game... it will go either way...

the gun you shoot only matter so much as how comfortable it is in your hands... if playing with an ego feels awkward because of the ergos, then you will not do as well as wtih say a mini, that feels 10 times better in your hands... the more comfortable you are with the gun, and the better fit it is with your body size and playing type, the better you will be...

for example... i've been shooting cockers since '05... a Kapp Lava cocker (mech) was my first true high end gun... its what i learned to play speedball with... not long after i got the lava cocker i picked up a 2k2 timmy... i simply couldnt hit shit with the timmy because i wasnt used to it and it felt awkward in my hands... where as i could one ball people all day with the cocker....

still to this day you put an e-cocker in my hands and i wreck house... yet with any other electro... i still play well, i just dont have the first shot accuracy like i with a cocker... because i am more comfortable shooting a cocker...

so, if the mini fits you and its comfortable, then play with it, no need to be remorseful about the purchase... if your gun and gear get you out on the field playing, and its comfortable and fits you, then who cares what you shoot...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#16 xSilent

xSilent

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I have buyer's remorse and I own a top-of-the-line marker (geo3). It just comes with buying thing's as expensive as paintball markers. I sit here and wonder, what if i got a Luxe, or a G6r, or even an Ego. Seeing other people at the field with different things automatically makes us have buyer's remorse.

The best way to get over this is to just think of it how everyone on this thread is telling you. It does not matter what you shoot, as long as it is working, shoots up to 300 fps, and you love it. That is all that matters.

Of course there are better guns out there than the mini, but say what they say in the military (i think). "this is my marker, there are many like it, but this one is mine."

This sport has such variety, and within it, there aren't a lot of bad products, and the mini definitely isn't a bad product.

Play on my friend.
DeGeo3~z2~NinjaPro68/45

RUTGERS PAINTBALL

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users