26 replies to this topic

#1 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

I have recently quit airsoft and am looking into paintball because my airsoft field closed and there are plenty of paintball places around me. I don't need any help finding gear for paintball because I got it all for Christmas after doing research on it. My question is, since I have never play before I am VERY interested but don't know whether I should just get an Azodin Kaos as my first gun or save up and buy something like the invert mini.

Any replies will help.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

First off, skip Azodin. Second, what is your budget?

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

I personally would get a Mini over a Kaos, but that is just me, and if I were to get a mech, it would be a GoG eNMEy, or an Autococker.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 01 January 2013 - 02:26 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

My budget is around $300 or less because right now I have $110 but am going to finish selling my airsoft guns and stuff soon.

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

The GoG eXTCy is a really good gun in the under $300 price range, but buying used opens up more options, and better markers. Do you already have money for an HPA tank, good loader, and Mask?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I got a Empire Halo Too, Guerrilla Air 62cu 3000psi tank, Empire helix mask, NXE 4 pod harness with 4 pods, Warrior paintball squeegee, And Dye neck protector for Christmas already.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#7 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

For 300 dollars, you actually have quite a few options. You could go with some of these:

1. GoG eXTCy for 250 (great starter gun, everything you will need).

2. GoG eNMEy for 130 (Great mech gun, good starter also).

3. If you wanted to go milsim considering you used to play airsoft, try the GoG G1 for 250.

4. Invert mini for 325 (shoots good, but horrible trigger and no on/off).

5. Used supergun ( I would go with this).

6. Save up more for something like an Axe. Takes longer, but is the best option.

Those are the best options in my opinion. I really like GoG products, and I have a mini and like it, but I would say your best option would be to save up a little more and get a used supergun. If you aren't comfortable with buying used, I posted many good new options above.

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

^^^^^This.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#9 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Thanks Predator! Also, do you recommend buying used off of this forum's website and do you know if there are any guarantees when buying and how would I pay for a used item usually through this forum?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

I would totally recommend buying from the TechPB BST if you are going used. There is a great community here and a lot of sellers are very trustworthy. As with any online transaction, there is no guarantee, but check the seller's feedback. A higher positive feedback means that the seller has dealt with more people and can be considered more trustworthy than someone with a lower feedback rating.

Most payments in the BST happen through PayPal, which is a safe and secure way to pay people. Always send money under "goods", so PayPal will be able to assist you in the rare event that you do get ripped off.

If you decide to buy new, my suggestion would be to go to ANSgear.com

Hope this helps.

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:45 PM

I would recommend buying used on this website. Its pretty safe, and the moderators will go to hell and back to get your stuff back. There are multiples ways to pay, the most common being money orders, and PayPal. There is no guarantee.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 01 January 2013 - 02:46 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#12 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Best thing ya can do is head over to ya local pro shop, Pick up a few guns and see what feels right to you. Most gun sold today will be pretty reliable and get the job done these days, some require more maintenance and some sling paint faster and easier than others. But I assure you one can be effective using nearly any marker from stock class pumps to super guns.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#13 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Save up for a used axe. If you go cheap now you will be disappointed and want to buy a better gun later on.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#14 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I personally would get a Mini over a Kaos, but that is just me, and if I were to get a mech, it would be a GoG eNMEy, or an Autococker.

A mini is over 200$ more than a kaos not even comparable...
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#15 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Minis suck.

#16 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

A mini is over 200$ more than a kaos not even comparable...

he asked if he should get a kaos,or save for a mini.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#17 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:42 AM

I have recently quit airsoft and am looking into paintball because my airsoft field closed and there are plenty of paintball places around me. I don't need any help finding gear for paintball because I got it all for Christmas after doing research on it. My question is, since I have never play before I am VERY interested but don't know whether I should just get an Azodin Kaos as my first gun or save up and buy something like the invert mini.

Any replies will help.

Before you even consider buying stuff go play paintball a few times with rental equipment to see if paintball is really for you. Yeah, airsoft and paintball are similar but definetly not the same. You may not like the disorder of paintball while airsoft is usually organized in squads with objectives.

If you arent comfortable using a rental mask then maybe invest $50 into a nice mask.

AFTER you have determined paintball is for you, then the advice others are giving is good.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#18 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

First off, skip Azodin.

Excuse you.

Anyway....a good quality mask that provides coverage for your ears, forehead, chin, neck, etc, as well as good field of view, and no fogging, is by far more important than what gun to get. If you're on a cheap budget, an azodin kaos is pretty freaking cheap. The reason you see such a ridiculous array of replies to your question is that you're asking people to compare a 70 dollar mechanical gun, to a 330 dollar electronic marker. It'd be easier for people to give you advice if you gave an idea of what you want to play or do.

#19 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

To clarify, I may not have played paintball before everyone but I have watched and want to get in on it. I am experienced in airsoft but my airsoft games were not necessarily organized squads like someone else posted. I am not at all worried that I will like paintball, only looking for information on guns. So my next question is if I want to play possibly some woodsball but I would be more interested in games such as speedball, x ball, airball, etc. What would be the best gun for under $300 that will let me play those game types without making it impossible to play woodsball with the same gun?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#20 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

The eXTCy is may favorite under $300 gun, and you can take any gun anywhere you want to. Speedball style guns are more effective at what they do, than "woodsball/milsim" guns, because they are generally lighter, more efficient, ect.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#21 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

ok thanks so I see I can get the gog extcy on ANSgear for $249.95 with a blackheart board. Is this a good deal or should I buy something like a used ego or a geo or G6r?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#22 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

ok thanks so I see I can get the gog extcy on ANSgear for $249.95 with a blackheart board. Is this a good deal or should I buy something like a used ego or a geo or G6r?

Personally I would buy a Used eXTCy,and save a few bucks, because a used G6R is gonna run about $600, and Geo 1s around $400,and Ego's can range from $200 to $700 depending on year and condition.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#23 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Ok so I'll probably buy a new extcy. But if there was anyway I could buy a gun under $400 what would you recommend?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#24 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Ok so I'll probably buy a new extcy. But if there was anyway I could buy a gun under $400 what would you recommend?

A used Axe can be had for $320-$350, and is a really good shooter for the price.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#25 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

For 300 dollars, you actually have quite a few options. You could go with some of these:1. GoG eXTCy for 250 (great starter gun, everything you will need).2. GoG eNMEy for 130 (Great mech gun, good starter also).3. If you wanted to go milsim considering you used to play airsoft, try the GoG G1 for 250.4. Invert mini for 325 (shoots good, but horrible trigger and no on/off).5. Used supergun ( I would go with this).6. Save up more for something like an Axe. Takes longer, but is the best option.Those are the best options in my opinion. I really like GoG products, and I have a mini and like it, but I would say your best option would be to save up a little more and get a used supergun. If you aren't comfortable with buying used, I posted many good new options above.

$200:GoG Extcy$300Empire Axe$400Bob Long Vice

axes are horrible. teribad.

Lulzjustacat.png

#26 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I thought I had this question pretty much answered, but just to clarify.

For 300 dollars, you actually have quite a few options. You could go with some of these:

1. GoG eXTCy for 250 (great starter gun, everything you will need).

2. GoG eNMEy for 130 (Great mech gun, good starter also).

3. If you wanted to go milsim considering you used to play airsoft, try the GoG G1 for 250.

4. Invert mini for 325 (shoots good, but horrible trigger and no on/off).

5. Used supergun ( I would go with this).

6. Save up more for something like an Axe. Takes longer, but is the best option.

Those are the best options in my opinion. I really like GoG products, and I have a mini and like it, but I would say your best option would be to save up a little more and get a used supergun. If you aren't comfortable with buying used, I posted many good new options above.

#27 AlexThePaintballer

AlexThePaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

Its all on you, go to your local paintball shop to pick out the best one and best fit size, i rock with a Etek 3 lt, i have never experienced one problem with it at all and had it for almost 2 years.... I recommend to look into that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users