• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I am offered two axes from my teammate and will buy one of them.
They are
1. a black axe with 4 cases through it, no shockwave board and no aftermarket stuff

2. a silver (kinda like this except the entire gun is the color of the barrel. It is a silver color) gun with 14 cases through it. My teamate told me it is like a rarer color or something. This one has a shockwave board and a CP aftermarket feedneck and he said something like an upgraded spring.

The first one has been used a lot less since it is my teamates backup and the silver one he recently required from a trade where it used to be someoneelses main. Is 14 cases considered a lot of abuse? Which one would be a better choice. The silver one is also smoother. Would there be anything bad about getting the silver one because it is older?

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

It would help if we got prices.

I would go with the silver seeing as they both are older models with no shockwave boards and because the silver Axe is smoother.

Abuse is throwing your marker in the fireplace after you dunk it into a public pool. Normal shooting is not abuse.

#3 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

As long as the silver one with the upgrades is in good shape, I would go with that one. Paintball gun's internals don't typically wear out as long as they are maintained properly. Plus 14 cases is nothing. Even if it had 50 cases, it wouldn't make a difference, it might just need new o-rings and lube sooner.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#4 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

i am trading so the same "price" for either of them. What were some changes in axes since their first release? I know that the shockwave board coming standard was on of the changes. Were there any others?

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

What were some changes in axes since their first release?

Just the shockwave board and the back cap print. The newer models do not have the turn direction on the back cap in letters.

#6 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

Just the shockwave board and the back cap print. The newer models do not have the turn direction on the back cap in letters.

didn't they also change something to do with a feedneck? i thought the first run was having issues with weak feednecks.

Edited by LUXOR54, 02 January 2013 - 12:08 AM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

didn't they also change something to do with a feedneck? i thought the first run was having issues with weak feednecks.

well either way the silver axe comes with an aftermarket feedneck.

#8 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

How do i determine if the marker is in good shape? I should listen for leaks, shoot it over the chrono and make sure it is somewhat consistent, anything else?? I will also be able to open up the axe and examen the internals and everything. Is there anything to look for internally? Is it true that the ASA rail gets loose often on the axe? Also, are there any problems that could be "hidden" meaning that its "symptoms" would show up later? It would suck to get the used axe and shortly after there are problems with the solenoid and board which is why i am asking all these questions.

Edited by marceldacs, 02 January 2013 - 02:36 AM.

#9 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

You're worrying to much. I would get the silver simply for the fact that it has aftermarket parts. Axes are awesome guns and they come with an even more awesome company behind them. Most often problems with empire guns are cheaply and easily fixed... Go with your gut. Either axe is fine. But you can't go wrong either way. Pick one up man.

#10 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Btw what are the most common problems that axes encounter? Do they have problems with the bolt, poppet, and air transfer? Also, what are the main differences between the shockwave and optimus board? Would the optimus board still survive through rain? How annoying is it to have to take the grip cover off to program the axe? I also heard that the optimus board gets reset whenthe battery is taken out, is this true? I would prefer to get the black axe even though it has the optimus board because i like the color and it has been used less. The worst thing that could happen is i play with the silver axe at the field, it works, and then a couple weeks later there are problems with the bolt, poppet, and leaking because i don't have a backup gun. I would then have to send it to empire and get charged since i wasn't the original owner and stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users