7 replies to this topic

#1 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hey guys, I played OC with an Empire Sniper for about a year, and I loved it so much. Though it had the attachment to by MSC, I tried it once and found the limited ammo with a 68/45 much to impractical, plus the tube's design was bad. I've been debating the idea of buying a Phantom, because SC would be an interesting try. What do you guys think of Phantoms? Where would be a good place to buy cartridges? I'm used to a smoother pump stroke, so how much getting used to will this all take?
Posted Image

#2 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

I have a phantom (set-up for open class), but the phantom is great. I used to play airsoft with co2 and i bought all 12 grams at Dicks sporting goods. The phantom pump stroke isnt bad as long as you keep lubing the internals, pump arm, etc. pretty much lube everything that moves while pumping. Besides when you play stock class, you dont pump near as much as you would with a Open class.

Edited by GeezusPB, 02 January 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#3 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

for stock class, I love them. The pump stroke isn't the greatest, but it doesn't really matter with stock class. I've always had bad luck with crossman co2s, almost every box I get have partially filled ones that only get me 10 shots.
Mostly though, you can get co2 cartridges at dicks, wallmart or any store with a sporting goods section.

#4 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

Phantoms have fucking awesome efficiency, personally i think its the marker to buy if you shoot stock class. Also they are field strippable in under 1 min. Pretty easy markers if you asked me

ALSO this is where you buy 12g that everyone recommends to me, the crosman is sketchy but I have had no problems with JT 12g yet. http://www.tituspb.c...e=index&cPath=8
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#5 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

Absolutely love my Micro-Phantom. When money was tight, I decided to keep it over my CCM T2 simply because I enjoyed using it more.

It takes a little getting used to the lower capacity. Just try and make your shots count. It also might be a good idea to invest in something to hold 10 round tubes. I currently use the Joy-Ride pack and it works great.

As for the pump stroke, just put some ass into it and pump it like you mean it. Much like pumping a shotgun, you're not going to want limp-wrist it. You'll get used to it eventually.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#6 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I love my open class phantom, wouldn't trade it for the world.

#7 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

I use a Phantom set up for modified stock class (13ci tank, stock class feed) and it's easily my favorite gun after 16 years of playing.
It's pretty much all I use these days.

#8 The-Phantom

The-Phantom

Rock N' Cock

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Pump stroke isn't as bad as people make it out to be, it's barely noticeable in game in my honest opinion

Mike Casady makes an amazing product and he stands by it with incredible customer service. Phantoms are timeless, there resale value is always good, so if you buy and don't like you can get a good chunk of your money back. They are easy to maintain, and amazing performers, IMO for your buck, one of the best guns in the market

f_oneshotm_05c6b49.jpg
Please feel free to private message me if you have a question about something I've posted!
If you show me an inch, I'll show you the dead-box.

-Brett

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users