• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

When I first got into my paintball, my friends brought me when they played at my friends junkyard. We were all using Co2 and only like 2 of them knew about HPA. After the first time we played I instantly fell in love with and asked them what a good gun is. Them not knowing jack shit, told me to get a Tippmann or a Spyder, but they're not bad for beginners. So the following weekend I went out and bought a 98 Custom thinking I was hot shit with my 98, JT 2 Pod Harness, and 20 oz Co2 :dodgy: Then after something went wrong my tippmann(Major Leak/Busted O-Ring) I went on amazon and bought a $60 Spyder Victor since we were going to an actual field that weekend(Ended Up not going) What I find funny is that when I was buying the 98 I was looking at the Loaders and saw a Halo Too I believe? They had it for like $130 :huh: I look at my uncle and say "Why would anybody ever need a hopper that is that much?" As I'm an owner of a Dye Rotor now :lol:
Off Topic here, but with the money I spent, about $250? I could have way better gear in the beginning than what I started out with.

TLDR: Friends Know nothing when they bring me into Paintball, helped me buy crappy equipment.

Edited by Garribean, 02 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#2 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:12 AM

About the same thing happened to me. My friends had been renting a couple of times before they asked me to join in. And of course Tippmanns were the shit. Mainly i think this is because the field catered alot to renters (Not in a bad way IMO.) And thus the only markers we saw was Tippmanns and the ocasional BT marker. If it wasn't for a guy on paintball.se who messaged me after he saw me asking about markes in the advice section. I would still have my Tippmann 98 and probably straped even more junk to it.

Funny thing is that now my buddy who got me into paintball has quit and from what i can tell hates it now. Of course that could be just to annoy me whenever i try to talk about gear with my other friend who plays.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 03 January 2013 - 12:25 PM.

o8qo.jpg

#3 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

It's not their fault. That happens to a lot of people.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

At least you stuck around.

#5 HU Soldier

HU Soldier

Say Chesse!! your about to get Painted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

I think that happened to most of us.

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

I feel like you are creating rant threads, just for the sake of making threads.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

I feel like you are creating rant threads, just for the sake of making threads.

This is partly true...

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Yeah this happened to me, except for that my friend and his dad got me into it, and instead of new crap gear, I was given old gear, excellent however, I didnt know jack about any of the new stuff. So when I got to getting my own gear, I couldnt find phantoms or timmies or emags anywhere, so I came here to learn. Now I own hot shit. Thank god my field caters to beginners and tourny players. Almost no one in between. You were either a beginner/renter, or you played in tournies. So I got to see all them fancy smancy markers and the crap ones all together

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users