• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

i was wondering whether i should get a Mini because it is pretty much the same as the Axe or an Etha

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

any particular reason you don't just swing for the axe instead?

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

i was wondering whether i should get a Mini because it is pretty much the same as the Axe

Wrong. The Axe is 100 times better than a Mini. I hated Minis and I had second thoughts about buying an Axe but I pulled the trigger and bought it and I loved every second I had with it.

#4 Rollieelmo

Rollieelmo

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:46 AM

Just skip the Etha, they can be a little problematic.
Rockin' Cocks Revolution
MCB Feedback - Techpb feedback - PBN Feedback

#5 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

The Etha is a great gun, and I would absolutely recommend it over the Mini. But definitely take the Axe into consideration. There are tons of them on the BST here. Axe>Etha>Mini
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#6 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

go with the Etha over the v3 mini. the mini is far from an axe. with the Etha you get the planet eclipse customer service which is one of the best Customer services experience i've had and while the mini isn't bad, you definitely get the most bang for your buck with the Etha, they give you a nice hard case, great packaging and very good CS from PE. Many are saying to get an Axe and while the Axe is a shooter i still feel that you get more from Planet Eclipse.

Lulzjustacat.png

#7 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

i was wondering whether i should get a Mini because it is pretty much the same as the Axe

Wrong. The Axe is 100 times better than a Mini. I hated Minis and I had second thoughts about buying an Axe but I pulled the trigger and bought it and I loved every second I had with it.

What exactly is wrong with minis because from what I've seen they are pretty smooth

#8 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

I love my mini, I think its a great gun. It fits my hands perfectly, and I dont really mind the trigger. I would feel it at a proshop to really get a feel of it because some people REALLY hate it.

#9 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Etha is a great gun I've never had problems but if not axe

#10 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

since the mini and axe are so similar but you can get a used mini for like $200 with upgrades usually i decided why not go for mini but im comparing it to the etha because a lot of people said the etha is a good gun

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

since the mini and axe are so similar but you can get a used mini for like $200 with upgrades usually i decided why not go for mini but im comparing it to the etha because a lot of people said the etha is a good gun

And you can get a used Axe for $100 more.

What exactly is wrong with minis because from what I've seen they are pretty smooth

Let us just say that I feel like a Ninja with an Axe because of it's smoothness. And when I tried to tune 2 Minis they were no where near as smooth as my Axe.

Even if the Axe was worth $600 new and the Mini $400 I would drop the $200 just for the trigger feel alone.

Haals sensor = BAD
Microswitch or break beam eyes = GOOD

#12 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

this is the smoothness ive seen of a mini

#13 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

Minis shoot like crap because they don't weigh anything and you'r off-hand isn't far enough out to stabilize it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#14 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

since some people say that they like it and some people say they don't ill definitely make sure i shoot one before purchasing

Edited by tot810, 04 January 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#15 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

I really enjoy using my mini. The axe feels awesome too. But I would rule out the etha. I've seen bad things. You can't go wrong with a mini or axe

#16 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#17 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daatcQcxfos

At one point, you mention the Etha trigger is extremely stiff. I find if you take out the return spring, it's a whole lot nicer. The microswitch has its own spring, so the trigger will still bounce back; but it won't be insanely stiff anymore.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#18 Archer_01

Archer_01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

I have owned both the Mini and the Etha. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, one big one on both is the trigger. I used the Etha for one game ( 4 rounds of woodsball) and found I didn't like it as well as I thought I would. First impressions and all. I have had two Minis and I hated the stock triggers on both. That said, I changed out the trigger on my current Mini with the Empire bearing trigger and haven't looked back. I would definitely recommend the Mini, given my experience and preference. This is just my opinion given my own personal experience with both the Mini and the Etha. As a side note, Planet Eclipse has since removed the problematic spring in the engine of the Etha, so, for those who registered their Etha, PE has sent out service kits that eliminate the problematic spring. If you have an Etha, it might be a good idea to contact Planet Eclipse to get this service package. As a closing note, I am not putting down the Etha, I just prefer the Mini.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users