Photo

Violent series trigger for the mini. Is it worth it?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

I was wondering if the violent series trigger for the mini was worth it. Because it would look weird on my blue green mini but am not a huge fan of the trigger especially coming off of a timmy. I know it wont help the fact that it is a optical trigger but will it improve feel loosness and ease if walking i know this is far fetched but i would like a feel comparable to the etek or timmy also any other trigger reccomendations would be great i just would like to keep it relatively inexpensive and easy to install that is what scared me away from the cp.
Thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions and long read.
Gnarlee

Edited by gnarlee, 04 January 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Strictly speaking its not an opto but either way a new trigger is only going to improve the shape, theres still not going to be any feedback when the trigger activates. I personally would leave the gun alone, but its not as if its a massively expensive upgrade so even if it isn't an improvement its not that big a deal. I believe a Droid I used a while ago had the sythe style VP trigger, it was ok.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the help but I was looking for people that had used it on the mini but the advice is great I was looking for responsiveness looseness and ease of trigger walking not to be too picky but again thanks so much for the help

#4 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

bump

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

ease of trigger walking

You will never get this on a Mini.

#6 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Thanks but there is nothing i can do to change that i wish i had a axe

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Thanks but there is nothing i can do to change that i wish i had a axe

Sell your Mini and get a used Axe. It will be worth it.

#8 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

ease of trigger walking

You will never get this on a Mini.

Lol you hate on the mini so bad! We know we know "just buy an axe" they really aren't bad markers.

#9 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

I would have loved a used axe but coming off of a broken used gun i was too scared and chickened out right after i was going to buy one. My mini is basically brand new and i cringe every time i see a used axe but am worried about getting scammed. Also if someone offered me a straight mini for axe trade i would do it in a heartbeat. Going through selling a mini which would be hard than buying a axe i would probably lose some money which is why i have serious buyers remorse.

#10 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

A violent trigger would make a nice upgrade, I for one get Violent triggers on all of my markers because frankly they are amazing. IMO the best aftermarket trigger you can get. Now, I play in a league that is uncapped semi so I want a nice trigger. Do you play on semi? If so get it. If you ramp, don't bother. Hope this helps you out :)

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#11 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Yes I play on semi and thank you finally some decent advice not bashing my gun

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I own a Mini. I've kept the stock trigger because an upgrade trigger on the Mini really does nothing besides change the shape of the trigger. The Mini's trigger is crap, because it's an optical, and this makes the Mini less than ideal for semi. I only use mine in PSP, and use my other guns if I decide to use semi.

#13 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I guess you are right but regrettably my mini is here to stay unless I could find a straight trade for a better
Gun a axe or etek is just not going to happen mini + cash for axe or go play twice I choose play but I do really want a new gun but I litterally just got this gun

Edited by gnarlee, 06 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#14 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

There's really nothing wrong with the mini besides it's too small for some, there's no on/off, and the optical trigger. I put the Empire Axe ASA on mine, I got it specifically because it's so small, and in PSP the trigger doesn't matter really at all.

Don't pay so much attention to what everyone says. If you like your mini, then it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks of it. I like mine, but I recognize it's flaws and work with them as I see fit.

It's a solid gun for what it is, but keep in mind that it's an older design that also happened to be Empire's first gun, and the design is starting to show it's age.

#15 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

personally i prefer the critical one, but thats just me.
the critical ones are a lot less rounded and have a much different feel because they aren't plastic

So yes, if you plan on keeping the gun for a while then buying a new trigger can be a good investment if you dont like the stock one

Edited by madsnipes, 06 January 2013 - 10:39 PM.

#16 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

To you saying that the Mini uses an Optical trigger you are all wrong.

The Mini uses a Hall's effect sensor and is activated by the magnet on the trigger. Please get it right because this is my biggest pet-peve in paintball even greater than C.O.D. references on the field.

#17 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

My god, you are right. I own a Mini, knew that, and still I was wrong. Good catch. :lol:

#18 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users