• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Im getting a new gun and want to know witch would be better the axe or 2012 reflex rail

#2 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Im getting a new gun and want to know witch would be better the axe or 2012 reflex rail

#3 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

Axe all day long. Shot quality. Efficiancy and bang for buck.

#4 REDEMPTION on TechPB

REDEMPTION on TechPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:37 AM

empire axe,
upgrades,efficiancy,,,

96028648935542031278.png

#5 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

They forgot to mention that the Axe has possibly the worst ergos in the world. And you would have to upgrade the axe to get it to shoot as smooth as the prr so if you want a smooth as butter gun GREAT ERGOS and a little less efficiency go for the reflex. If you want better efficiency, worse shot, and terrible ergos go with the Axe. If you want to dump money into an already 500 dollar gun go ahead.
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#6 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Rail
Posted Image

#7 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

reflex rail

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#8 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Axe in every way! More efficient, better shot quality, lower price, easy maintenance, durability. It is just a better gun in my opinion.

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

The only thing the Reflex has over the Axe is ergonomics. Hold and shoot both markers if possible and see which you like more.

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

They forgot to mention that the Axe has possibly the worst ergos in the world. And you would have to upgrade the axe to get it to shoot as smooth as the prr so if you want a smooth as butter gun GREAT ERGOS and a little less efficiency go for the reflex. If you want better efficiency, worse shot, and terrible ergos go with the Axe. If you want to dump money into an already 500 dollar gun go ahead.

You conveniently forgot to mention that the Axe requires less maintenance and Empire has incredible customer support. Hold both guns and shoot them if possible then go with the one you like the most.

#11 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Do an pros use the reflex I heard alot use axe but wut about reflex and how many pods can u get on a reflex and is it hard to maintain I heard dye has awesome coustomer support to but does the reflex have the upper hand against the axe

#12 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

I dont really care but I do care about erogonomics

#13 Newballer

Newballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

I do but I dont I just want the better shooter more smooth ease of maintaince and more efficient

#14 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

You conveniently forgot to mention that the Axe requires less maintenance and Empire has incredible customer support. Hold both guns and shoot them if possible then go with the one you like the most.

Yea your right bk I forgot that Dye has terrible customer support just terrible.
Posted Image

#15 OrbitalPB

OrbitalPB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

empire axe all the way between those two, better in every way except maybe the sound and smoothness. The reflex rail is very consistant due to the hyper 3 regulater.

If you're willing to think about markers other then those two then get a etek 4 Lt, I shoot an ego 11 and some people on my team use etek 3/4's and they are great for the money

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yea your right bk I forgot that Dye has terrible customer support just terrible.

No, but Empires is matched only be Eclipse. You cant deny that the Axe is less maintenance intensive.

#17 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Axe all day long.
-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#18 Destrokk

Destrokk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Personally, I don't think the ergos on the Axe are bad at all. The Axe does however come with a 12" one-piece barrel making it harder to press up on bunkers.

For people saying that the Axe doesn't shoot smooth without upgrades. BS. Learn to tune the gun. If you allow the gun time to break in, then tune it properly, the Axe is butter with almost un-measurable recoil/vibration. It is a bit loud out of the box for a spool, but a cheap CF barrel ($30) and a tune will get it whisper quiet.

I've never shot the reflex so I can't speak on it.

#19 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Personally, I don't think the ergos on the Axe are bad at all. The Axe does however come with a 12" one-piece barrel making it harder to press up on bunkers.

For people saying that the Axe doesn't shoot smooth without upgrades. BS. Learn to tune the gun. If you allow the gun time to break in, then tune it properly, the Axe is butter with almost un-measurable recoil/vibration. It is a bit loud out of the box for a spool, but a cheap CF barrel ($30) and a tune will get it whisper quiet.

I've never shot the reflex so I can't speak on it.

A couple corrections here:

-Punkworks has found that break in occurs within the first case and is only due to o-rings if I'm not mistaken
-The Axe is inline poppet, not spool valve
-A cheap CF barrel is a poor investment, they cannot take any abuse and are not any quieter than Aluminum as it is the porting that matters
-The Lurker bolt significantly changes airflow in the bolt so while a good tuning will certainly improve performance, it isn't a substitute for a different bolt

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 08 January 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#20 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I personally like the Axe more. I trust it's reliability a bit more then the Reflex. They shoot nice, smooth out of the box but it will require a lot more maintenance. The Axe will be louder and the guage on the asa can make it uncomfortable to hold but I would still go for it.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#21 push

push

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Depends, although I don't think you can go wrong with either one really. I personally own and have played with both.

Pros of Reflex (2012):
Eye-pipe - if you get chop (rare) there is a pipe that should clean itself (or make it easier for you to clean) as you play. Keeps the eyes protected from paint.
Awesome Ergonomics
Reliable
Lighter than the axe
Spoolie so it shoots super soft -not a whole lot of felt recoil
Quiet
Shares many of the same parts as the DM
Hyper 3 reg - arguably one of the best regs out there today - easily serviceable
Pretty good factory trigger
Factory 14" two piece barrel, which is pretty decent
Nice case

Cons:
Back cap can come unscrewed leading to pressure loss if you don't tighten it every once in a while or take other precautions.
Little heavier\temperamental on maintenance - I do clean/re-lube after every day of play regardless of marker, so doesn't bother me. But it's easier to over lube this gun and get bolt stick/inconsistent FPS
Less efficient than that Axe

Axe
Pros:
Tool-less disassembly
Reliable
Lifetime warranty
Great factory trigger - one of my favorites
Also pretty quiet, almost a toss up between it and the reflex - add a boss/lurker/etc bolt and run at lower pressure and it's probably quieter
Awesome flip switch on/off ASA
No macro-line

Cons:
No eye pipe - not a huge deal, but having one is nice - cleaning the eyes is a little more involved - but chops are rare so I wouldn't weigh this too heavily against the axe, but the reflex DOES have an eye pipe.
Factory barrel - it shoots fine, but only 12", I prefer 14"
Factory box - for the price I would have really like a nice case to carry it in, instead of a box.
Non-user serviceable reg - while you CAN work on it, it's nowhere near as easy as the hyper 3 reg, and it it will void the warranty
Ergonomics - hesitant to put this here, they aren't BAD by any means, just not as good as the reflex, the banana fore-grip takes a little getting used to

You really can't go wrong with either, both are awesome guns and parts are everywhere for them. If you break down at the field someone will be able to help you out. If you can go shoot each and see which you prefer more.

#22 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

I think the Axe is the best "bang for your buck" marker out there.

The Reflex Rail is nice, I have shot one and it's a decent marker. However I felt the trigger felt really slack, not as snappy as the Axe trigger, and the trigger frame felt small (to me because I have wide hands and long fingers).

However, I have found that the Axe is almost a perfect fit for me. Where others complain about the "awful ergos" I love them. The banana grip doesn't effect me much, as I just use it to brace while I'm walking the trigger as I am shooting, so I don't really notice it. I got a Redline board for 100 bucks, brand new, so I now have an OLED board, which kicks ass, but with the new shockwave board, it doesn't really need it, since you can adjust the gun with out opening the front grip. The trigger is nice and snappy. I would say the barrel is not the greatest, but even though it's only 12 inches, there is a lot of porting on it and it makes it shoot pretty quiet. I think with the money you'd save buying a new 2012 Reflex, if you were to get a new Empire Axe, then get a Lurker Bolt for it, once you break it in and follow Mikes Axe Tuning guide, you'll ahve the smoothest shooting mid-end marker there is.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#23 push

push

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I will also say I think Kee's tech support/warranty is much better after having to work with Dye tech support.

#24 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I own a relfex rail, i'd take an axe with a numech grip extender to fix the ergonomic problems i have with it

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#25 nauseousalmond

nauseousalmond

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Axe! Pros use em!

#26 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Axe! Pros use em!

Doesn't matter at all. I have a friend that is in D1 and I can assure you that he would wreck shop with a tippmann. Skill is the decider, not the gun. I'm not saying the Axe is bad, it is a great gun. I have one and personally recommend it. Just don't think that since the pros use it, you should get it.

#27 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Get the reflex! It's smoother, quieter, and overall better shot quality. It also feels better in the hands because the axe feels a little loose the way you hold it. The reflex also has better barrel. Overall get the reflex you won't be disappointed.

Ohio Raiders 

#28 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Axe! Pros use em!

Doesn't matter at all. I have a friend that is in D1 and I can assure you that he would wreck shop with a tippmann. Skill is the decider, not the gun. I'm not saying the Axe is bad, it is a great gun. I have one and personally recommend it. Just don't think that since the pros use it, you should get it.

i agree. And the reason teams are using the axe is because they have empire sponsoring them and the axe is empires best marker. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think Pros don't shoot reflexes because dye, which owns proto, has high ends like the DM and NT.

I own an axe and I like the ergos. The way i hold it is i wrap my hand around the foregrip and i stick my thumb up instead of wrapping it around the trigger frame. Also the 12 inch stock barrel on the axe isn't a problem for me because i switched it out for a barrel kit anyways.

#29 PaintSlinger510

PaintSlinger510

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

As is it hasn't already been said enough, AXE! A friend of mine tuned his Axe perfectly and it shot better than some Luxes I've shot. Axe all day long.

Posted Image
Bob Long Marq 6, Dye Rotor with Exalt, 68/4500 Ninja
Gloss Black Bob Long G6R: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210825

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users