• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Old Man Dan

Old Man Dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:42 PM

I think I have my setup pretty much done, but I wanted to see if you think I need to add anything.

Gun: PMR
Loader: Pinokio
Barrel: Apex 2
Tank: off brand 45/3000 ( I am going to upgrade to a 68/4500)
Mask: Events

I also have a molle vest with pods. Any other suggestions?

#2 Nokified

Nokified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

From the vest with molle I'm assuming you play woods ball and scenario. I'm going to recommend knee pads because there are some freaky stuff you can plant your knees on. Also get good hiking boots if you haven't.

#3 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

From the vest with molle I'm assuming you play woods ball and scenario. I'm going to recommend knee pads because there are some freaky stuff you can plant your knees on. Also get good hiking boots if you haven't.

for the money of hiking boots he can get actual paintball cleats which would be better due to its all around use on different fields from woodsballs to rec games to airball

Lulzjustacat.png

#4 Old Man Dan

Old Man Dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Yes, I play in the woods which is sometimes hard to do in Texas because there trees are the size of bushes in many places. Knee and elbow pads are a great suggestion. My knees aren't what they were when I was playing paintball in high school. I have boots. I didn't think about mentioning them.

#5 push

push

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I'd scrap the apex 2 and stick with the factory PMR barrel and get a 68/45 now or use it and save up. Once you have some money pick up a used barrel. You can get a nice used 68/45 for a good price. 3000s unless you pick em up for like a buck are throwing away money.

#6 Old Man Dan

Old Man Dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Why scrap the apex 2? I have seen Mike using it in several videos, and if I remember correctly (which does not happen as often as I would like) he speaks highly of them. Why do you not like them?

#7 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Skip the 48/3000 and just save up the extra $60 and get a carbon fiber tank. Check my signature below.
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#8 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I would say pants and some pads and a 4500 skip the 3000

#9 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

for the money of hiking boots he can get actual paintball cleats which would be better due to its all around use on different fields from woodsballs to rec games to airball

If he's walking through mud and water, which a lot of the courses that I know of have, then cleats aren't going to be waterproof like good boots.

Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#10 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

I prefer cleats better for running and grip boots have their place to but once water gets over the top you are equally screwed and lots of people have old cleats laying around same with boots but this is prefrence so ultimately he must decide.

#11 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Yea a 68 is your best bet, and if your playing in the woods a lot you might want to look into a pair of knee pads like these badboys.

http://www.armysurpl...ProductID=38401

last thing you want to do is drop to a knee of a big rock or something.

As for the Apex if your playing a lot of woods ball its great gives you a lot of versatility just put good paint through her. also if you haven't bought your marker yet you might want to look into the GOG G1 its a bit more "milsim" if thats what your looking for other than that, bravo it looks good.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#12 Old Man Dan

Old Man Dan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

I seemed to have confused many of you which means I did a crappy job communicating. I already have all of this gear. I was wanting to know did I miss anything, and where should I go from here.

What I think I got from all of your suggestions is that I need to invest in the following in the future:

-upgrading my tank

-pads

-cleats (I live in Texas which has been in drought for years now, so waterproofing is not a big issue.

-pants (I have camo already. Is buying paintball specific pants worth the money?)

Thanks for all the info

#13 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

I seemed to have confused many of you which means I did a crappy job communicating. I already have all of this gear. I was wanting to know did I miss anything, and where should I go from here.

What I think I got from all of your suggestions is that I need to invest in the following in the future:

-upgrading my tank

-pads

-cleats (I live in Texas which has been in drought for years now, so waterproofing is not a big issue.

-pants (I have camo already. Is buying paintball specific pants worth the money?)

Thanks for all the info

Well given what you have told us. I say your next purchase should be a nice tank. Size is all based on personal preference. 68/45 being the most common.

Paintball specific pants are great if you find yourself playing a lot of airball/hyperball however if your just out in the woods camo should suit your needs just fine.

Also, KNEE PADS ARE YOUR FRIEND!!!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#14 push

push

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Why scrap the apex 2? I have seen Mike using it in several videos, and if I remember correctly (which does not happen as often as I would like) he speaks highly of them. Why do you not like them?

I'm not saying I don't like them, just that I wouldn't prioritize an apex 2 over a good tank. A good tank will be lighter, and allow for more shots. Plus you won't have to 'throw away' money when you upgrade your tank.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users