1 reply to this topic

#1 The Undying

The Undying

Proud Pump Player

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

I just bought an Aci Maverick for $25. The body, frame and barrel are in good condition, but the guts seem to be covered in erosion, (similar to what you might see on leaked battery terminals).
That being said I have several questions.

- Is the maverick compatible with standard nelson type parts? Like nelson springs and such.

- Can it except a CCI dropout changer attachment to replace the stock ASA?

- Is the grip frame compatible with one for the phantom?

- If I can't find replacement parts what would you suggest doing to restore the internals?

Thanks in advance. (also sorry for the lack of focus in the picture)

Attached Files

Posted Image

"Aggressive fighting destroys the enemy, but strategy and planing win the war"

#2 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

I just bought an Aci Maverick for $25. The body, frame and barrel are in good condition, but the guts seem to be covered in erosion, (similar to what you might see on leaked battery terminals).
That being said I have several questions.

- Is the maverick compatible with standard nelson type parts? Like nelson springs and such.

Springs definitely, but the Trracer/Maverick family of Nelsons were a little strange in that instead of having normal powertubes attached to the valve they have little stubby powertubes and what is essentially a second powertube built into the hammer. You can convert them back to "normal" if you have a standard powertube and hammer.
Other Nelson bits and pieces may or may not fit. The Trracer/Maverick is arguably the most "evolved" of any bore-drop Nelson, and honestly most parts would be something of a downgrade.

- Can it except a CCI dropout changer attachment to replace the stock ASA?

Maybe, maybe not without modification. It depends which type of valve retainer nut your Maverick has.
Read here: http://www.mcarterbr...r-maverick.html

Also, there were some early Trracers made with dropout 12gram valvebodies, which I'm sure you could port right over, but these are very old and were quite rare.

The easier, and uglier way to do this would be to simply use a standard bucket changer in your backbottle ASA.

- Is the grip frame compatible with one for the phantom?

The frame itself? Not without modification. Phantom frames are pretty expensive, though.
Now, if it's just the .45 frame adapter you want, that will bolt on just fine, and could be useful in putting a bottomline on the gun, if that's what you're interested in doing.

- If I can't find replacement parts what would you suggest doing to restore the internals?

For the hammer? WDW40 followed up by a dremel rotary tool with a wire brush attachment.
Once you get all the crud off you can re-polish the hammer with toothpaste or something and use lots of oil to prevent future corrosion.
I've done this several times to restore some old rental guns I was refurbishing and selling.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users