• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

I'm torn between the Dye Reflex13 and the planet eclipse ETEK4, can someone with expierence with both please give me their honest opinion about them and the pros and cons of each marker. Thanks :)

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Accuracy is dependent on paint quality and gear cleanliness. You can have a GEO 3 shoot as straight as a TIppmann 98 or a Spyder.

The Etek is going to be loud but efficient and the Reflex will be smooth but an air hog. Buy used and get a Bob Long G6R.

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

You wouldn't happen to suggest a G6R because you are selling one, would you?

Posted Image

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

It is not in my sigPosted Image

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Well played.

#6 crash000

crash000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Get the Etek if you dont want to maintenance and need a bullet proof gun for example my friend have an etek 3 lt after a year and half(may be two) that he uses it untill last week it was still working then it was leaking from the reg i looked it the problem was macroline!!! and the gun was still working!!(but after that the gun has maintenace )
(may be its lighter im not sure about that)but it will be laud has more kick and something(bolt) moves in front of you.

but if want something smooth and quiet and also can pay time to maintenance your gun go with proto RR 13(i like it more)
finally i hardly recommond used highends but if intrested in one of them i say proto rr13

Edited by crash000, 10 January 2013 - 12:02 PM.

#7 Roddy Koberg

Roddy Koberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Also eclipse's customer service is better, plus the etek is more reliable. One of my friends has the reflex 12 and it is constantly needing tweeking or replacements

#8 PaintSlinger510

PaintSlinger510

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'd say the Etek 4. I would also definitely get the hush bolt for it, it improves performance x10. And as he said ^ PE has great customer service

Posted Image
Bob Long Marq 6, Dye Rotor with Exalt, 68/4500 Ninja
Gloss Black Bob Long G6R: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210825

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'd say the Etek 4. I would also definitely get the hush bolt for it, it improves performance x10. And as he said ^ PE has great customer service

I'm sorry but while the hush bolt slightly changes the sound signature of the Etek the performance increases are more like %10, and some people think the Etek's kick even more with the Hush bolt.

#10 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm sorry but while the hush bolt slightly changes the sound signature of the Etek the performance increases are more like %10, and some people think the Etek's kick even more with the Hush bolt.

The hush bolt improves efficiency and changes the sound signature but not how loud it is (I have an Etek 3 with the hush bolt installed). The hush bolt is lighter so it will move faster thus giving you less smooth of a shot. I personally like the hush bolt better than the cure series of bolts tho'. If you are deciding between the Etek 4 or Reflex Rail 13 they are both backed by fantastic companies and its wether you want reliability and ease of maintenance over shot quality (smoothness) and a quiet sound signature. Not to mention the Etek can get more pods through it than a Reflex Rail. However, efficiency shouldn't really be a deciding factor unless that makes you feel good that your marker can get a few more pods even though practically every field provides free air upon admission. :P

Edited by LegionPB, 16 January 2013 - 11:09 AM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#11 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Also eclipse's customer service is better, plus the etek is more reliable. One of my friends has the reflex 12 and it is constantly needing tweeking or replacements

Both companies CS are equally the same, I can say this since I have dealt with them both.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#12 GuyGrim

GuyGrim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

Both companies CS are equally the same, I can say this since I have dealt with them both.

I bought a Reflex 2012 as my first gun last June. I used it heavily throughout the summer and here is what I experienced.
1. Love the smoothness and shot quality (Use Valken Graffiti and Redemption Paint)
2. Did not have a problem with Air. I went back to fill up often, but not to an obnoxious level - so Air was not an issue for me.
3. Had a problem with my back bolt cover to my bolt. The bolt cover would unscrew about 1/2 turn and the gun would misfire. I sent it back to dye (3 days in Route), Dye reviewed the issue sent it back the next day with a new bolt cover (1 days at shop) and it took 3 days for the marker to get back to me. So I had a total of 7-8 days without my marker. Pretty remarkable actually and the gun has been perfect ever since. Dye Customer Service was terrific. (if I was more confident - I would have asked that they just send me a new cover. They offered, but I asked them to look at it themselves.)
4. Maintenance was a breeze. I never worked on a marker previously, but I found it pretty easy to maintain. Lotta fun.
5. I only had to replace 2 o-rings the entire summer and that took me less than 3 minutes.
6. Had an issue with my on/off switch, so I took the grips off and found a little paint between the connections. Took me 30 seconds to clean. (So when people say they are always tweaking or fixing something, sometimes it is simple routine maintenance.)
6. My buddy loved my gun so much, he bought one for himself.
7. I would buy it again.

Hope this helps...

Edited by GuyGrim, 16 January 2013 - 04:04 PM.

#13 jsg_nado

jsg_nado

I'm a bird motha f**ka I'm a bird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Etek 4 is a solid marker, they have similar efficiency, but I like the rail. The rail is quiet, smooth, and fast! Can't go wrong with either
GoGo 13 Proudly Sponsored by PaintballGateway, KM, AlmostFamous, APX, Thump Barrels and Camp Pendleton Paintball
Marq7 For Sale
01010000 01100001 01101001 01101110 01110100 01100010 01100001 01101100 01101100 Not a programmer? Oh. Never mind.

#14 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

You get what you pay for with either. But the reflex is just simply better. Why you may ask? Well, the etek is f***ing loud. And you'll probably go deaf every time you play. On the other hand it's reliable and efficient. The reflex is super quiet, smoother, feels better in the hands (the etek feels horrific), and just a better marker. On the other hand you will need to do some more simple maintenance and its not as efficient but not terrible. Etek- tippmann made into speedball gun. Reflex- needs a little more average maintenance but, it will perform WAY better.

Ohio Raiders 

#15 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Etek 4 is a solid marker, they have similar efficiency, but I like the rail. The rail is quiet, smooth, and fast! Can't go wrong with either

Similar efficiency? What are you smoking!
And to OP The ergo's of the reflex are almost always the better choice over most guns because of the UL frame but the Etek has wonderful Ergos too you will just need to check both out for your opinion on that.
The reflex is obviously going to be smoother, it is a spool and in no way can you make the etek as smooth as the reflex. The Etek has a better efficiency rating compared to the reflex because once again the reflex is a spool, you sacrifice efficiency for shot quality. Overall I would go (And I did) with the reflex but not the 2013, I'd buy a 2012 used, or even a 2011 (I have that). Good luck
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users