Photo

good setup for living legends?(first year! LL)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 zachzach134

zachzach134

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

this year im going to my first living legends event and this is going to be my etire setup
empire axe
HPA 68/4500psi tank
4 pod pod pack
pinokio hopper with exented clip
anti fog mask.
compression shorts
jeans or sport pants
hoodie
cleats
hat
padded gloves wthout fingers
so is that all im gonna need on the feild idk what to expect so im trying to be as prepared as possible any tips or things i need or will need to do let me know any info i need... thanks :)

#2 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Ditch the hoodie and jeans, they don't breath very well and over-heating is a big problem at legends. The trick is to stay as cool as possibly.

#3 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

I'd get some paintball pants or a cheap jersey, or even a T shirt. You will sweat your ass off in a hoodie and jeans, plus the jeans just won't be comfortable to be crawling around in at all.

All your hard goods will work just fine, but take a look at some purpose made paintball clothing, you'll thank me later.

Don't forget maybe a water pod or some way to carry some hydration out there with you.

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'd get some paintball pants or a cheap jersey, or even a T shirt. You will sweat your ass off in a hoodie and jeans, plus the jeans just won't be comfortable to be crawling around in at all.

All your hard goods will work just fine, but take a look at some purpose made paintball clothing, you'll thank me later.

Don't forget maybe a water pod or some way to carry some hydration out there with you.

Definitely a water pod,as you will not have much fun if you are having heat stroke.

And clothing wise,I would recommend some good pb pants,knee pads,a light jersey or t-shirt,and some good elbow pads.Other than that,you seem good to go!

#5 ZzBrutality

ZzBrutality

Better than the best

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Bring lots and lots of water. Also bring small snacks like crackers, power bars, granola bars etc.

#6 weeebeep

weeebeep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

I know it's a bit late, but I have allways found cammel backs (a particular brand of backpacks with hydration packs) to be great for long duration games, as I could fit the hose under my mask without lifting it.

#7 zachzach134

zachzach134

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

ok thanks but what should i wear and what is a good not expensive pair of paintball pants or what kind of pants should i wear --and are all paintball jerseys aloud ive heard that some places if there to baggy the paintbwont break as often so som sizes are not alound so whats the biggest sizes i could get im 5'8 and

#8 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

As for pants, try searching around ANSgear or other places for Empire pants of previous years, as they discount them. But Draxxus Shank V2's, eclipse, and dye pants will be good also. As for a jersey, I'm not sure because I usually wear a T shirt and probably will wear one under my vest to keep cool. I have 2012 Empire LTD pants and jersey if that helps.

#9 Karnokr

Karnokr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I agree with everyone else. Ditch the jeans and hoodie. Get some cheap pants off ebay. Just wear a t-shirt. If you feel inclined, wear a jersey. And I highly recommend picking up a 70 ounce Camelback or other brand water hydration system. I'm 5'10" and I can wear it and my pod pack with no problems.

Hand of Fate Scenario Paintball Team

http://www.facebook....s/HOFpaintball/

#10 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

wear a long sleeve jersey, you may not think about it now but the protection from the sun is invaluable, my buddy wore a tank top the entire event and was miserable after just friday, also in the woods, CPX does not groom down the natural foliage much, long sleeves and pants are very very good, and wear cleats. it will help incredibly especially on the inclines, water wether it's bottles in a pack or a camelback you NEED it, no excuses. also get knee pads, you'll be inserted for a LONG time and your knees will start to kill you without them and much of the terrain at CPX is easy to slip and fall and hit your knee, without pads you can say goodbye to the rest of the event. elbow pads are optional but highly recommended, look around used since you are on a budget.

also ditch the compression shorts, wear some regular basketball shorts under your paintball pants, the compression shorts will make you sweat like a motherfucker.

Edited by Demon, 13 January 2013 - 03:29 AM.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Water pods are a must, and good breatheable pants are great too. I went in Disruptive gear, and that stuff is meant for breathing in hot hot deserts of arizona, and never once did the feeling of uncomfort occured to me once at LL5.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

As stated before, get rid of the hoodie and pants. You can get a pair of valken paintball pants off of ANSgear.com for $40. They don't have the best of padding, but the breathe and that is what you want. You can very cheap jerseys for sale too. I'd carry a water in your pod pack. It's nice too drench yourself in cold water after playing a game of paintball in the heat.
\Posted Image

#13 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:13 AM

Disruptive Pants and Jerseys are very breathable, since they were developed for play in Arizona, in which temperatures rise to over 100 easy in the summers.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#14 Salvation

Salvation

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

You may look into a old pair of tactical (BDU) pants from your local surplus store. While not as breathable as paintball pants they are pretty light weight. Its what Ive used at all 3 LL I've attended and havn't had any issues. A t-shirt will work fine if you dont mind the occasional encounter with branches etc. However, sunscreen is a must regardless of what you wear. ANY exposed skin is gonna get burnt and make for a bad experience.

Kev
Indiana Member #"Old Fart"
SAS-Indiana
Central Indiana
http://saswoodsball.com/
http://www.sasmilsim.com/

#15 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Do not wear hoodie and jeans, you will get heat stroke. Find some cheap PB pants and find a t-shirt, also get a camel back and bring lots of water. As much as this event costs to play, don't let it be ruined by improper preparation.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users