• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Vradicar

Vradicar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

So I'm planning on hittin up Living Legends this year, and all I really know about it is that it's well... Epic!

So essentially I just wanted to know like do I need a team or group of people to join in with before I register or anything? And like what kind of gear will I need?

Mostly curious if a tac vest is necessary or if cleats are a good idea over boots or shoes.

And what should I expect there?

Also I'm coming from Canada, so will driving over the border be an issue with an HPA

#2 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

This will be my first living legends aswell. But from the last two years prepping to go i have done a heap of research on it.

I am traveling with a group of friends from my local field. Look and see if any people from the local field are going, i bought a BT tac vest. I hope it will help, but im bringing my pack just in case. I believe that hpa over the boarder will be fine. Im going with cleats. They are better for paintball (IMO) get nice comfy ones though. I would also like a few tips on what to expect. Im sure everyone from techpb would be more than happy to play and hang with you. I know I plan on meeting as many people as i can this year.
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#3 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

This is an excellent guide to everything Living Legends done by my buddy Cheevo

http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=141490

That should answer just about any question you could ever have. Beyond that if you have any other questions after reading it feel free to post them up here and I'll answer them for you. I've been to Living Legends twice, most of my team has been there and Pinky I believe 3-4 times. I'm also Canadian so I can answer anything pertaining to the border. As for your HPA tank as long as you're not flying you should have no issue at all, just be sure it's within hydro so you don't get a shit eating surprise at the fill station there on game day lol.

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

^This. Honestly Cheevo's guide helped me prep for last year, you can't find a better guide.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

So I'm planning on hittin up Living Legends this year, and all I really know about it is that it's well... Epic!

So essentially I just wanted to know like do I need a team or group of people to join in with before I register or anything? And like what kind of gear will I need?

Mostly curious if a tac vest is necessary or if cleats are a good idea over boots or shoes.

Also I'm coming from Canada, so will driving over the border be an issue with an HPA

Still read the guide, and then some. However to answer your specific questions....

No you don't need a team, I went to LLV alone. All I can say is I think playing with a group of people is more fun, so at least find some people you can roll with.

There is no required gear. Even though it's typically an apocalyptic scenario, they don't require you to play with any specific gear or apparel as part of the scenario. You can play with a hot pink marker and a neon green jersey with lavender pants, orange mask, and a rainbow bandana if you want. (tac vest obviously not necessary)

The terrain can be rough in a lot of areas, higher top shoes would take a lot of the stress off of your ankles. Considering it's a long 2 days of paintball, the comfort of your shoes is kind of important. Get good insoles. There is a big battle at the end of the day saturday and sunday that has a grass hill in the middle which will be slippery, so cleats for those two battles could be handy. I'd bring both boots and cleats, or comfortable high top sneakers and cleats.

What you can expect is a huge paintball event with tons of people and tons of things to do. I don't know about this year, but last year they had an NPPL tournament going the same weekend that you could watch, and there were tons of vendor booths to look around at and shop. When you register you pick a faction, and you can either participate in the objectives of the scenario for your faction, or you can just run around playing against the opposing team, whatever you have fun doing.

HPA tanks are only a problem when flying, that I am aware of.

Eat well, sleep well, keep hydrated throughout the 2 days of playing, and find some cool people to roll with and you will have a blast.

Edited by Hzuiel, 08 January 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#6 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

Tac vests are not necessary. I've used them in the past to save my back over a few days playing but a pod pack is completely fine. I made the switch to trail running shoes myself. They are similar to cleats but have the support of a shoe or low rise hiking boot. I prefer them over cleats at CPX, especially in Bedlam and Armageddon where it can be very slippery if theres enough paint on the ground (and there always is :)) during the dinner and final battles.

You can expect to see a few thousand players with the NPPL tourney going on and many vendors if you want to do a little shopping. If you are looking for some cheap gear or swag it will be plentiful. Bring some extra cash.

You shouldn't have an issue with HPA if you are driving. It's only flights where you will have to remove the reg.

#7 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,953 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

buy some sort of hydration bladder like a camelbak. Drink the whole thing while on the field and refill it everytime you get shot out or go to get more air. I got some pretty bad dehydration from not drinking enough last year and spent two hours sleeping under the rps truck trying not to throw up.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#8 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

Make sure you eat during the day too, nothing heavy but a light sandwich. I know on Sunday at one point my entire team was out of commission, until I went and pulled our cooler out and made everyone eat a sandwich, drink two bottles of water and then eat an apple, including myself. The difference was astounding.

#9 Hzuiel

Hzuiel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

I drank 2 gallons of water, and half a gallon of gatorade saturday and still drank about another gallon once i got back to the hotel because i felt dehydrated.

I ate a substantial breakfast including fruit and dairy. Protein and fat break down slower and provide your body with fuel for more hours than carbs. I had small sandwiches made with those 100 calorie sandwich thins, ham, american cheese, and mustard, throughout the day as well.

#10 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

For shoes... I usually wear cleats when I play paintball, but not at CPX. The ground is hard when running on Bedlam and Armageddon. It gets tough with cleats and even cause you some nice shin pains. After trying various shoes, I finally opted for just a pair of Nike cross trainers and I have not had any issues playing here. No more shin pain too.
Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#11 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I'll be rocking my Adidas GSG 9.2's just like I did last year...

Going to be bringing my mag-fed load out, and my speedball set up, to apply to the enemy's faces as necessary...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users