• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 pbbandit

pbbandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

PLEASE HELP! I LIKE THE LOOK OF THE ROTOR MORE BUT REALLY LIKE THE Z2 BECAUSE I AM A HUGE FAN OF EMPIRE! Please help me make my decision on which to buy. I shoot an Empire Axe with Valken Echo, Valken Graffitti, and Ultra Evil. Thanks for the help!

#2 Tick

Tick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Never buy something because of it's looks.

Z2 > Rotor

Feeds any paint, auto anti-jam

PayPal Verified | Over 300 + eBay transactions| 10/0/0

#3 pbbandit

pbbandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Z2 > Rotor

Thanks! I just like the look more. It wasnt the determinating factor. Which is smaller?

#4 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Z2 > Rotor

the only time my rotor has jammed, also jammed my prophecy.
i personally havent had any jamming issues aside from that with any of my rotors- including the one i got that was easily one of the first 100 made.

they are both equally great hoppers. in this scenario, you might as well pick on looks.

Edited by Pakistani, 07 January 2013 - 11:04 PM.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#5 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Both are pretty much up there technology wise. I'd choose the rotor because of it's looks and the fact that it's much easier to disassemble in-game.

I have a rotor and have had a Z2 and I personally love my rotor.

Edited by Dakent, 07 January 2013 - 11:10 PM.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#6 NickDR8

NickDR8

Saving cash for a used NT11, Geo 2.1, or Ego 11!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I love my rotor to death. The only time it ever jammed was from a stick getting into the loader through my speedfeed. Rotor is super simple and takes no time to disassemble and clean. Its really just personal preference once you are up to the super loader price point.
Posted Image
Setup: Dangerous Power G3 Spec-R Electric Blue, Blue Dye Rotor, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500.
Dangerous Power Owners Club

Feedback 1/0

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Does the Z2 have it's weight distributed lower? I've always been bothered by the fact that my Rotor feels so top-heavy.

#8 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

Does the Z2 have it's weight distributed lower? I've always been bothered by the fact that my Rotor feels so top-heavy.

that makes no sense. All of the rotor's weight is on the bottom...

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

that makes no sense. All of the rotor's weight is on the bottom...

I think what makes me think the Z2 will be better is that is widest at the bottom whereas the rotor is in the middle and holds most of the paint in its top half. Its more the weight of the paint inside than the motor and batteries that seems poorly distributed.

#10 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

z2>rotor. z2 has an actual unjam rip drive while as the fucking rotor has a lame fin that hardly does shit.

Lulzjustacat.png

#11 pbbandit

pbbandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thanks, but I still haven't made my decision. I would buy the rotor for 150 and the Z2 for 160. A few more will put me over the edge!

#12 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

Are you only looking at new? There are some good deals to be had in the BST here.

I sold my Rotor to buy a Z2 and I don't regret it at all. Not that the Rotor is bad, I just prefer the Z2. Only had one Rotor jam and that was rec paint. Z2 hasn't jammed and feeds as fast as anyone could need. Honestly when it comes to super loaders, it isn't wrong to pick based on looks. They'll all perform well enough.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#13 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

I've owned both, my Z2 made me miserable.
Works well, just seems poorly designed n my opinion. The way the feedneck shifted drove me nuts, the nose shape was poorly designed so paintballs get trapped in the nose of the loader and there is that space around the internals that you can look straight down and see exposed electronics. Don't get me wrong my Z2 worked great, there were just too many little quirks that I didn't care for

#14 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

I have both and they are pretty much the same. I like the z2 because it can feed anything and if you put crappy paint through the rotor it jams most of the time
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

I will say for the Rotor you can adjust the tension screw and that will pretty much eliminate hopper breaks and jams. My Rotor was occasionally breaking the marbs my field uses so I turned the tension screw out two turns and no more breaks! I didn't even get jams doing a drop test using some shitty old paint from Fleet Farm, and drop tests ALWAYS jam my Rotor for some reason.

#16 pbbandit

pbbandit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Anyone else?

#17 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

I picked the Z2. Because it was $40 cheaper and just works. It feeds fast enuff for my RT ULE Mag and has a nice low profile. Also not a fan of speed feeds and liked the magnetic lid and wide opening on the Z2.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#18 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

I have used a rotor for a while now along with a pinokio and both work perfectly well and I have NEVER had either jam. I just purchased a Z2 and it has only been a problem out of the box. Every marker I set it on causes it to spray paint. I contacted KEE and they told me to adjust the settings and clean the eyes and board because it could be dirty so I did. Still, does the same thing on every marker (tried it on a Luxe, DM 10, Axe, Reflex Rail and Ego11). All started spray painting. Now, I'm going to send it into KEE to get fixed but its frustrating to buy a brand new product and have it not work. It is a little more complicated than the rotor and doesn't come apart as easily. Also, paintballs do get trapped in the nosecone so you do sometimes have to use a rocking motion. I do like how the mouth of the Z2 is huge and you can feed paint into it easily compared to the rotor, it holds more paint, and it is significantly lighter and feels more balanced on my marker. Hopefully KEE figures out what the problem is because I would love to use a Z2 in perfect working condition.

Edited by LegionPB, 10 January 2013 - 06:29 PM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#19 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

My comparison of the Z2 and Rotor

It's a matter of what you look for in a hopper. I've used both of them and like what each have to offer. Both of them will work perfectly fine on the field.

The Rotor:
- Super simple, idiot proof design. (Less maintenance. You can take it apart in less than 30 seconds.)
- Durable as hell. (Both are very very durable but the Rotor takes a slight edge just because you don't really need to worry about a fried board.)
- Add a Speedfeed + lid attachment. This makes it the ideal choice for rainy days.
- Much more efficient on batteries.
- Customizable colors

The Z2:
- Sound-activated, more reliable feeding. (You'll notice less jams.)
- Automatic anti-jam (If it detects a jam it will un-jam itself for you.)
- Customizable settings (You can adjust the speed and sound of how it feeds.)
- Rip drive (You can manually un-jam/feed your paint in case it runs out of battery or something goes wrong. Also, the rip drive is much better at un-jamming paint than the Rotor's fin switch... If your Rotor breaks down or runs out of battery you'll have a hard time feeding it manually.)
- Easier and faster to switch lids back and forth.

Edited by crPaliza, 10 January 2013 - 09:34 PM.

#20 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

The weight of the rotor is very noticeable, I like my Z2 because it is light as all hell.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#21 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

i like the rotor for the colors but other that that they will both be good on the field. If you turn down the tension adjustment screw so that it is flush or 1/2 out from flush you will only get a really small number of jams. THe paint my field uses is good and i have yet to encounter a jam in the 6 cases i put through my rotor already. THe z2 would be better because it is i believe 1/2 a pound lighter.

#22 Filmer_jake

Filmer_jake

My Hero: Bobby Dukes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

My friends Z2 motor died after 2 months. My other friends rotor has worked like a charm, my friend with the now dead Z2 now owns a rotor as well.

DM12, 2011 Alien Independence, V3 Rotor, Empire 68/4500

#23 PaintSlinger510

PaintSlinger510

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

I haven't had any experience with a Z2 but I can speak from experience about y Rotor. Bought it brand new 2 years ago. Still runs perfectly and it has NEVER jammed. Easy to clean, easy to use. Perfect hopper in my opinion

Posted Image
Bob Long Marq 6, Dye Rotor with Exalt, 68/4500 Ninja
Gloss Black Bob Long G6R: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210825

#24 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

Buy a Rotor now or waste your $$$ on something else first then get a Rotor

Edited by David A., 18 January 2013 - 12:04 AM.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#25 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I got the rotor because of the simple disassembly. The z2 is a horror to take apart.

Ohio Raiders 

#26 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I got the rotor because of the simple disassembly. The z2 is a horror to take apart.

This too. If i have broken paint or something in the rotor. I can completely disassemble in 10 sec, wipe the paint out, and reassemble in 10 sec. Really easy to fix problems.

#27 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

The Rotor. Its simple, sexy, can feed whatever you could ever throw at it (way over anything used in comps), and its extremely durable. Well worth it for the price you pay. Especially used.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users