• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Zophir

Zophir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

I bought this gun used and it is in great conditions with no known existing problems. I am sure the problem is on my end, I am relatively new to paintball and this is the first marker I've owned that actually needs maintenance.

So, first problem I notice after I take the gun for a test run. I fire a single ball and the bolt flies out. Clean it up, reattach it, make sure its secured. Fire, pops out again. Clean it, reattach it, make sure its secured, fire, doesn't pop out now. No idea why.

I get 4 paintballs off no problem and then the gun starts firing off very loudly, as if it was out of paint, but the eyes detect balls in the breach. I check and there is indeed a paintball in the breach. Take it out, make sure I didn't break any paint (I didn't), and then I try again.

This time, the gun sounds like it fires properly but only one paintball shoots out for every 3 or 4 trigger pulls and at about 2 fps.

Throughout the process, didn't break any paint and no noticeable leaks. This was done with a 50/4500 empire tank filled to ~4200 PSI.

Also, this is an ego 11 with the d.a.r.t kit.

Thanks,

Zophir

P.S. From what I hear, the Cure 3 bolt should not be oiled, is the d.a.r.t bolt supposed to be oiled?

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

When you pull your bolt pin up and down, does it "lock" in place both up and down? When you shoot, does it appear that the bolt is indeed moving all the way forwards and back?

Edited by andrewthewookie, 08 January 2013 - 01:38 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 Zophir

Zophir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

The bolt pin locks in place. I can't shoot again right now without waking up some neighbors but, from what I recall, when I wasn't shooting anything the bolt was not moving all the way back and it would remain forward when at rest. When I pulled it all the way back and then fired, it would shoot forward and then pop up. If you need more information, I'll double check in the morning.

#4 Zophir

Zophir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

It may be worth mentioning that the bolt came VERY oiled up.

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

At most all you'll ever want to put on the bolt is like one drop on the o-rings just so they're not dry. Have you changed any of the settings on the board, tweaked the solenoid settings, or messed with the LPR/HPR at all yet?

If the bolt's not flying out of the gun anymore and is attached to the rammer, I usually recommend setting everything back to stock settings and work your way out from there with troubleshooting.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 08 January 2013 - 02:01 AM.

Fear is the mind-killer

#6 Zophir

Zophir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Haven't touched anything else yet. Was planning on resetting to stock tomorrow before tweeking anything. Wanted to see if anyone could tell what the problem was so far.

Thanks for the help, I'll reset everything, give it another run, and report back in tomorrow.

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,872 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

Oh, and before I forget, make sure you're using a good non-dead battery with all the resetting to stock.

Fear is the mind-killer

#8 Zophir

Zophir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

Oh, and before I forget, make sure you're using a good non-dead battery with all the resetting to stock.

Will do, thanks for the heads up.

#9 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

the cure3 and dart bolts are supposed to be oiled... you want to oil the bolt to swell it slightly so it fits the breach... this helps prevent breach wear by putting a thin film of oil betweent eh bolt and the breach...

as for the bolt pin... i had the same problem with my ego11... its a common problemn with egos... what you need to do is remove the bolt pin and clean out the detent, spring, and the hole inthe back of the bolt where all the part fit... if this doesnt work, you will to replace the spring and detent.... whats happening is crud has built up in there and the detent isnt holding thepin in place, so teh vibration of the gun shooting is causingteh pin to pop up and the ram goes forward without the bolt... thats also most likely the ause of your fireing problems...

if you ge the bolt issue fixed and you are still seeing that the gun isnt shooting right, try replacing the flow restrictors in the solenoid... sometimes they wear out and an can fail, causing more air then you want getting to the ram... and to be safe, check your LPR, make sure its clean, and the oring adn reg seat are intact...

and yes, make sure you are using a fresh battery... my vego11 used to act up if it got down to 1/4 battery life
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#10 Tri City Extreme

Tri City Extreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

If the pin is popping up there is way too much oil on it. How do the orings look else where on the gun and how high up the HPR?

#11 Zophir

Zophir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

Restored to factory settings and replaced the battery. Issues persist. I cleaned and re-oiled the bolt in a less excessive way.

I will take apart the bolt and clean it when I get home. I will also check out the O-rings on the HPR.

As for the questions from yesterday, the bolt does not cycle. On the first shot it goes forward and stays there. On the second shot it pops up. I managed to shoot 2 low velocity balls, one normal ball, and the rest were dry fire.

I shot the bolt off the gun a couple times and I shot an O-ring off the bolt and had to replace it.

Ill clean it up today and if I can't get it to work ill take it to a pro shop tomorrow and see what they say.

#12 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:17 AM

Ok. Here's your issue:

If you fire your gun and the bolt stays forward after the first shot, your bolt pin is not attached to the rammer.

So do this:

De-gas everything, remove your bolt, remove your rammer and wipe everything down.

One drop of oil on each oring on the rammer. One drop of oil on the orings on the bolt.

Replace the rammer. Push the bolt forward into the breach, there's a little dot on top of the bolt that helps you line it up correctly. That dot should only just be completely visible. Like, if you push the bolt forward anymore, the dot disappears.

Push the bolt pin down all the way, then to check that it's lined up properly (Do this with NO air in the gun) push the bolt pin all the way to the front. It should stop, and then if you push a little harder, you'll feel a spring pushing back against you.

Air the gun up, let me know how you go :)

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

#13 Zophir

Zophir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Ok. Here's your issue:

If you fire your gun and the bolt stays forward after the first shot, your bolt pin is not attached to the rammer.

So do this:

De-gas everything, remove your bolt, remove your rammer and wipe everything down.

One drop of oil on each oring on the rammer. One drop of oil on the orings on the bolt.

Replace the rammer. Push the bolt forward into the breach, there's a little dot on top of the bolt that helps you line it up correctly. That dot should only just be completely visible. Like, if you push the bolt forward anymore, the dot disappears.

Push the bolt pin down all the way, then to check that it's lined up properly (Do this with NO air in the gun) push the bolt pin all the way to the front. It should stop, and then if you push a little harder, you'll feel a spring pushing back against you.

Air the gun up, let me know how you go :)

I love you. I knew it was user error on my end.

#14 Soundwave

Soundwave

I win paintball.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Glad to hear it's working again man :)

Posted Image

My Moderator Application: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=196721

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users