Photo

2012 Reflex Rail vs. Macdev Drone dx vs. planet eclipse etek 4 vs. planet eclipse etha

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

i am looking around the price range and have finally narrowed it down to these few guns i DO NOT want an Axe.

#2 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

I have actually owned all but the Etek4 and the drone, but my friend has an Etek 3 and it is vastly similar. The etha Is alright, the etek is better. If you want reliability, go with an etek, you want a smooth and quiet gun, go with the reflex rail. The drone I cant comment on since I haven't shot one.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#3 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

I would forget the Etha between all these guns. It just doesn't compete with the other 3 that's my personal opinion. It's a great gun don't get me wrong but I just don't think it lives up to the others. You could probably get a better gun for the same price used on the bst BUT if you are only looking at these than ill help out.

Etek 4 is good but for the price it could be better in some ways. It's probably the most reliable since its the only poppet but its loud. If you can deal with that than great but playing woodsball you'll be the loudest one out there. Maintenance is the simplest for this one too. Trigger is pretty decent on it. Check out sticktodrum review to help out on the info. I'm not a poppet guy but I'm trying not to be biased.

The reflex will have the best feel and trigger out of the 3. The ergonomics are great on it. I've shot this gun a a good amount and it's nice, quiet and smooth. Maintenance is easy but this gun has a lot of o-rings and the bolt assembly is hard to get out. If you're worried about efficiency than this gun will have the worst of the 3. I think about 6-8 pods out of a 68/45? Not sure, if someone wants to correct me.

The drone dx lies somewhere in the middle. I have not personal shot this gun but I was looking at this gun at some point to get so I researched it a lot. Efficiency will be pretty much the same if not better than the etek 4 after you break it in (about 10 cases). They say 1400 shots out of a 68/45. The more you shoot it the smoother is gets. Smoothness is about the same as the reflex, maybe a tad better. The trigger is something you'll want to change from what I hear. It's not bad but you'll get bored quickly. Maintenance is simple, basic dump valve bolt drive. Little less o-rings than the reflex. From what I hear the gun feels good in the hands but the grips could be better, in which you can put a clone board and grips on it so you'll be golden. Reliability, several people have said they've had bolt stick and other issues but once they fix them the gun works amazing.

So overall if you want a basic bulletproof gun without worrying about how loud it is than get the etek 4. If you want the best feeling gun, smooth shot, and with the best trigger pull to not worry about efficiency than go the reflex. If you want a gun that lies somewhere in the middle but don't mind buying a few extra things like grips and a trigger than go drone which isn't bad since I believe on macdev's website they're gong for $429. The extra parts adds up to the other 2 prices. Hope this helps you

Edited by mustangs, 08 January 2013 - 09:49 PM.

#4 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I would forget the Etha between all these guns. It just doesn't compete with the other 3 that's my personal opinion. It's a great gun don't get me wrong but I just don't think it lives up to the others. You could probably get a better gun for the same price used on the bst BUT if you are only looking at these than ill help out.

Etek 4 is good but for the price it could be better in some ways. It's probably the most reliable since its the only poppet but its loud. If you can deal with that than great but playing woodsball you'll be the loudest one out there. Maintenance is the simplest for this one too. Check out sticktodrum review on it to help out

The reflex will have the best feel and trigger out of the 3. The ergonomics are great on it. I've shot this gun a a good amount and it's nice, quiet and smooth. Maintenance is easy but this gun has a lot of o-rings and the bolt assembly is hard to get out. If you're worried about efficiency than this gun will have the worst of the 3. I think about 6-8 pods out of a 68/45? Not sure, if someone wants to correct me.

The drone dx lies somewhere in the middle. I have not personal shot this gun but I was looking at this gun at some point to get so I researched it a lot. Efficiency will be pretty much the same if not better than the etek 4 after you break it in (about 10 cases). They say 1400 shots out of a 68/45. The more you shoot it the smoother is gets. Smoothness is about the same as the reflex, maybe a tad better. The trigger is something you'll want to change from what I hear. It's not bad but you'll get bored quickly. Maintenance is simple, basic dump valve bolt drive. Little less o-rings than the reflex. From what I hear the gun feels good in the hands but the grips could be better, in which you can put a clone board and grips on it so you'll be golden. Reliability, several people have said they've had bolt stick and other issues but once they fix them the gun works amazing.

So overall if you want a basic bulletproof gun without worrying about how loud it is than get the etek 4. If you want the best feeling gun, smooth shot, and with the best trigger pull to not worry about efficiency than go the reflex. If you want a gun that lies somewhere in the middle but don't mind buying a few extra things like grips and a trigger than go drone which isn't bad since I believe on macdev's website their gong for $429. The extra parts adds up to the other 2 prices. Hope this helps you

thanks a lot i did know that the etek 4 is very loud that was one of the only reasons there was anything to even compare it too but i think i will go for a drone

#5 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:34 PM

bump

#6 Pbmcdev

Pbmcdev

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

Etek 4- it's loud, easy to maintain and easy to fix because of planet eclipses customer service. You get a nice case and many tools to work on your gun.
Reflex rail- smooth shooter and feels amazing in the hands IMO. The bolt has many, many orings which can be a pain when trying to diagnose problems. It comes with a nice case and a dye "coloured oring" set which makes things simple.
Drone dx- I have this gun so I can give you a little run through of things. The drone is a very comfortable gun but a little less than the reflex. Once you break it in, it will get more efficient and have less issues like bolt stick. The board is easy to work but has the psp problem which can be resolved with psp 3 shot which is pretty sick. Older modes are cool IMO. You get a nice barrel, Allen key set and lube. The only downer is that you get only 3 orings which is not as much as you get with the other guns.

Overall I would look at the etek and drone dx if you are looking for easy maintenance but the drone shoots nicer. And then if all else fails get the rail. I stay away from dye because of their t

Etek 4- it's loud, easy to maintain and easy to fix because of planet eclipses customer service. You get a nice case and many tools to work on your gun.
Reflex rail- smooth shooter and feels amazing in the hands IMO. The bolt has many, many orings which can be a pain when trying to diagnose problems. It comes with a nice case and a dye "coloured oring" set which makes things simple.
Drone dx- I have this gun so I can give you a little run through of things. The drone is a very comfortable gun but a little less than the reflex. Once you break it in, it will get more efficient and have less issues like bolt stick. The board is easy to work but has the psp problem which can be resolved with psp 3 shot which is pretty sick. Older modes are cool IMO. You get a nice barrel, Allen key set and lube. The only downer is that you get only 3 orings which is not as much as you get with the other guns.

Overall I would look at the etek and drone dx if you are looking for easy maintenance but the drone shoots nicer. And then if all else fails get the rail. I stay away from dye because of their their terrible resale values

Reflex rail- smooth shooter and feels amazing in the hands IMO. The bolt has many, many orings which can be a pain when trying to diagnose problems. It comes with a nice case and a dye "coloured oring" set which makes things simple. It also has bad resale

Overall I would look at the etek and drone dx if you are looking for easy maintenance but the drone shoots nicer. And then if all else fails get the rail. I stay away from dye because of their their terrible resale values

God never do this shit on ipads

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users