39 replies to this topic

#1 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Hey all,

I figured that all of you could laugh at my dumbass for making a soon to be costly mistake.

So I was laying out all of my guns to take a picture and I went to put them all back underneath my desk, well I sat my Etha on my recliner because I was going to mess around with it and I ended up forgetting and sitting on top of my beloved marker when I went to lay back and relax. I ended up cracking the grip fame and the solenoid assembly. I was planning on playing with it this weekend too. :( :tdn:

I'm going to give Planet a call tomorrow and hopefully they can express me some parts or something so I can have it good to go by this saturday, but thats looking doubtful.

I've never dealt with having to get parts from the manufacturer ever so we'll see how it goes.

I'm just really super duper sad now and was hoping all of you guys could laugh at my dumb fat self for making such a stupid mistake :dodgy:

Anybody else have funny/stupid stories they could share to cheer me up?
"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, Even if you win you're still retarded"
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#2 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

My poor old Etha! Lol I saw your name on the post and my jaw dropped. I hope you're able to get it fixed soon! How's it been shooting for you?
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#3 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

My poor old Etha! Lol I saw your name on the post and my jaw dropped. I hope you're able to get it fixed soon! How's it been shooting for you?

I have let you down Darth. :(

Gun has been amazing. Just got a Prophecy z2 for it today and when through half a case without a hiccup. I absolutely adore the thing.

I just can't believe I did it so soon to me finally getting out to play.

Maybe it's a sign that I need to get back in shape. <_<
"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, Even if you win you're still retarded"
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#4 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Haha glad you like it. So did you get that new springless poppet for it? I think all you have to do is register the marker's serial number with PE and they'll just send it to you.
FEEDBACK +10

#5 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Haha glad you like it. So did you get that new springless poppet for it? I think all you have to do is register the marker's serial number with PE and they'll just send it to you.

Not yet.

The only mod I've done to the thing so far is broke it.

I'll ask about it when I call tomorrow. :tup:
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#6 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Give planet a call. Best customer service ever ! :tup:

#7 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Do you think they'd have an issue mailing me the parts instead of me sending my gun in?

I like teching my own stuff and figured that it would help me get the stuff sooner rather than me shipping my gun there and getting it shipped back.
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#8 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Do you think they'd have an issue mailing me the parts instead of me sending my gun in?

I like teching my own stuff and figured that it would help me get the stuff sooner rather than me shipping my gun there and getting it shipped back.

I think it would be better if you sent it in because you could have broken something else that you didn't notice. The USA HQ is in Rhode Island I believe.

#9 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

I thaught the etha was all aluminum?!

#10 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

It has composite grip frame, eye covers, and feedneck I believe. Everything else is aluminum.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#11 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

It has composite grip frame, eye covers, and feedneck I believe. Everything else is aluminum.

Correct.

Kinda makes me wish there was an Etha AM.
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#12 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Really sitting on it broke it? Damn. I thought PE guns were supposedly tuff.

Guess that different meaning these days. Done far worse to my old Tippmann pro/carbine (actualy bent the barrel in a off a hill face plant/core sample). And have actually accidentally sat on my classic mag (went to get a Allen key from gear bag and sis moved gun from table to seat to save my spot lol). And they no worse for wear.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#13 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

I think the worst thing I have done to my gear was when I got my z2. The first game I played with it within 30 seconds I smashed it into a spool. The nose cone was half way off and my speed feed fell off. I was heart broken. No major damage. I shook it when I got off the field and you could hear a small piece of plastic got broke off. It worked great the rest of the day though. Sorry to hear about your Ethan though. That sucks lol

#14 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

Guess that different meaning these days. Done far worse to my old Tippmann pro/carbine (actualy bent the barrel in a off a hill face plant/core sample). And have actually accidentally sat on my classic mag (went to get a Allen key from gear bag and sis moved gun from table to seat to save my spot lol). And they no worse for wear.

Im 6' 4" 250lbs. They're tough guns but not fatass tough.

It's not like I slowly sat down either, I practically threw myself into that recliner. Haha.
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#15 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

I think the worst thing I have done to my gear was when I got my z2. The first game I played with it within 30 seconds I smashed it into a spool. The nose cone was half way off and my speed feed fell off. I was heart broken. No major damage. I shook it when I got off the field and you could hear a small piece of plastic got broke off. It worked great the rest of the day though. Sorry to hear about your Ethan though. That sucks lol

I just got my z2 yesterday and it was on my gun when I sat back. My heart sunk when I heard the *CRACK* because I thought for sure I smashed my brand new loader into pieces. Nope, just my trigger frame and solenoid.

Not sure if thats any better.... lmfao.
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#16 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Lol would rather crack my loader. Shells are pretty cheap.

Can you do this with any marker and get something? And how do you do it?

#17 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

It's not like I slowly sat down either, I practically threw myself into that recliner. Haha.

Don't feel so bad prior to my motorcycle accident I weighed in at 260lbs (for some reason being busted up i dont got much an apatite and getting arounds hard so my weights dropped to 220 lbs). Three years ago I was 350lbs but one day just decided to start cycling again kicked my energy drink addiction and demoted myself at work to get rid of some stress and the crazy amount of hrs I worked.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#18 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

ive taken some pretty nasty dives with composite stuff. Im thinking it must have been defective or something.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#19 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Don't feel so bad prior to my motorcycle accident I weighed in at 260lbs (for some reason being busted up i dont got much an apatite and getting arounds hard so my weights dropped to 220 lbs). Three years ago I was 350lbs but one day just decided to start cycling again kicked my energy drink addiction and demoted myself at work to get rid of some stress and the crazy amount of hrs I worked.

I'm not like obese or anything, I mean I'm somewhat on the huskier side, but I'm still in decent shape. I just like to poke fun at myself.

Congratulations on the weight loss though. I know when I work out and stay in shape and eat right, I always feel 20 times better.
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#20 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

ive taken some pretty nasty dives with composite stuff. Im thinking it must have been defective or something.

Crushing force (which I applied) is different than impact or shock force. I have no doubt the gun would survive a smack on the ground or a drop from a roof, but when theres sustained force it's a different story.
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#21 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

i beleive the term your looking for is "fat man cirtified" haha.
i did the same thing to an old ION and apparently they arnt fat man cirtified either! lol
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#22 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Very true, i was think you just normally sat down.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#23 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Lol would rather crack my loader. Shells are pretty cheap.

Can you do this with any marker and get something? And how do you do it?

No, Planet Eclipse released this for the Etha owners a couple months ago as a free upgrade since some people weren't satisfied with how the Etha operates. So they gave one to everybody lol
FEEDBACK +10

#24 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

Damn lol.

#25 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Darth, when did you purchase the marker?

Im trying to figure out if its still within warranty, because if it is, they were going to split part costs with me.
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#26 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I got it in October from GuyWithaQuestion. Not sure if he was the first owner or not. I can ask him if you want.
FEEDBACK +10

#27 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

got any pics i kinda wanna see this haha

#28 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

got any pics i kinda wanna see this haha

#29 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#30 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Wow. Hopefully it's in warranty, or this could get pricey.

#31 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Spoiler

I love my Etha and it hurts me to see this :P

and if you filled out the warranty card, Planet Eclipse will cover it.

Edited by nighthunter, 09 January 2013 - 11:28 PM.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#32 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

$55 Next Day Air for the frame and solenoid.

Lets just say that Planet Eclipse is a good fucking company.

I'm like the 4th owner too, so I have no clue about the warranty.
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#33 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

This tough enough for you?
Posted Image

Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#34 icouldntthinkofaname.

icouldntthinkofaname.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

This tough enough for you?
Posted Image

Wanna trade?

Lmfao :lol:
Planet Eclipse Etha
*MY FEEDBACK 2+/0-*

#35 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

$55 Next Day Air for the frame and solenoid.

Lets just say that Planet Eclipse is a good fucking company.

I'm like the 4th owner too, so I have no clue about the warranty.

Not bad. Lol

#36 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Still seems pretty poorly built compared to some of the bricks from the past. Seems light weight not always better. I know my classic mag handled my at the time 300 lbs fat ass sitting on it accidentally on a wooden bench. Composite grip frame and all. My ULE mag feels equally solid but far lighter but has a aluminum body and grip frame oppose to the stainless steel body and composite frame of the classic. I question the durability of the thinner aluminum frame on my DP E1. And have not had a miss hap yet with it but then I don't use it nearly as often as the mags but it is ALL ALUMINUM and feels solid but to fit the electronics and keep weight down the grip frame is quite thin compared to that of my MAGS and especially some of my Tippmanns Pro/Carbine (composite grip frame) and SL68-II (heavy cast aluminum body and grip frame as ONE).

#37 MrBk

MrBk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Still seems pretty poorly built compared to some of the bricks from the past. Seems light weight not always better. I know my classic mag handled my at the time 300 lbs fat ass sitting on it accidentally on a wooden bench. Composite grip frame and all. My ULE mag feels equally solid but far lighter but has a aluminum body and grip frame oppose to the stainless steel body and composite frame of the classic. I question the durability of the thinner aluminum frame on my DP E1. And have not had a miss hap yet with it but then I don't use it nearly as often as the mags but it is ALL ALUMINUM and feels solid but to fit the electronics and keep weight down the grip frame is quite thin compared to that of my MAGS and especially some of my Tippmanns Pro/Carbine (composite grip frame) and SL68-II (heavy cast aluminum body and grip frame as ONE).

If I am correct as I am pretty sure I herd this a while ago, PE guns don't bend/snap because it isn't durable enough, it's a safety feature. Think about it you are playing speedball and you go to dive into the snake, you take a core sample but you have to much speed and keep going, you then in turn break your wrist because you couldn't let go, as most people don't have the reaction time to let go of there gun. So PE thought instead of broken wrists why not just have the gun bend to stop this. Now since I am in Canada I don't know the cost for a broken wrist to be treated but my guess is since they did this it is probably over $1000 so that the broken gun is worth it to not have a broken wrist not to mention most of the time the warranty will cover the gun.
Nassagaweya Assault Unit #88 "The Pianist"

"Rape and Pillage My Friend, Rape and PIillage" -Bush

Sponsors: ANS gear Paintball HQ Ultimate Paintball Virtue

#38 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

^ that is precisely why. Cheaper to replace a grip frame then a tank or have the asa somehow rip the reg off. Or have to replace your shoulder etc. Haha.

#39 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Man you must feel like shit, I mean look at that stress test on it, yet you broke it just by sitting on it... I feel bad for you..
109.gif

#40 Tri City Extreme

Tri City Extreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Planet Eclipse should take care of you. You can always poke around on this site and see if they have the parts you need. http://paintballshowcase.com/etha.aspx

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users