• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 koepfsm

koepfsm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

So I'm working on disassembly of these two guns and hit two problems. One is on the mini were the bolt goes is the back of the gun , there is what looks like a steel pin that lines the bolt guide up with the body. Any methods on how to get this out? Second goes for both guns , how do you get the steel studs out of the detent covers? Any help or thoughts on this would be great.

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I would say just grab them with pliers and carefully pull them out, although I'm not sure if it's necessary.

#3 koepfsm

koepfsm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

would they be pressed in there or threaded in there? And I know if you leave exposed steel in the aluminum when you electrically charge the acid it will just melt the steel out.

#4 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

would they be pressed in there or threaded in there? And I know if you leave exposed steel in the aluminum when you electrically charge the acid it will just melt the steel out.

Correct. Happens with surprise helicoils a lot.

Doesn't usually result in pitting, but compromising your bath is bad.

#5 koepfsm

koepfsm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Ya I Just recently anodize a axe and missed the steel that was in the detent covers. The steel was completely gone (melted) and it didnt hurt the aluminum or burn it, but what I did notice when I went to dye it is it took the color alot faster than all the other pieces. I just need to find a way around this ... how to get the steel out or covering it up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users